Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Superman's Sex Life

Some time ago, I realized that Superman #297 from 1976 has Lois and Clark dating for a shrot time and actually has a pretty serious implication of Clark and Lois having sex. This is in the 70s, mind you, long before she ever realized he was Superman, before Superman: The Movie, even. Yet it's pretty darn blatant. They start kissing at his place, and the next morning Jimmy Olsen comments that she is wearing the same dress as the day before. :O

Then Superman II happened, with the famous post-coitus scene. Yet in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, they took a super PG-rated turn. They outright state that Clark is a virgin (much to Lois' shock), and have the couple actively waiting until after marriage to have sex. This wasn't quite the same in the comics. As Superman returns to life in 1993, there's a sly reference to their sex life, as Clark starts stating things he remembers, and says "Like that rainy day when we first...." only to be cut off. Then, in AOS #505, after he's come back, he's shown taking a shower at Lois' the bed unmade, and his Superman suit hanging in the bedroom, so yeah...

Then, of course, Smallville had him bump uglies with both Lana Lang and Lois Lane, while Batman v Superman had the two living together.

Then the New 52 Reboot happened, and Clark and Diana have been riding the hobby horse like nobody's business for a while.

All that being said, I was wondering if there was any other references to Clark's lovers. I know he hasn't wracked up the body count of someone like Batman, but is he ever stated to have done the deed with anyone besides Lois and Diana?

To start with, I came across a comic called Superman: American Alien, where a young Clark has sex with a young Barbara Minerva (Cheetah). However, this is apparently an Elseworlds comic, as this version of Barbara has her own, separate fandom article.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Barbara_M...merican_Alien)

Pretty sure he and Lana are definitely implied to have had sex and were each other’s first. Explicit sex scenes are rarely shown because it’s Superman and sex outside of marriage is a sin . He’s heavily implied to have been involved in the main continuity with Lana, Lori, Diana, and I think that’s it? Elseworlds Supermen have obviously gotten it on with a lot more such as Maxima.

As for Lois:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Where is that one from? Judging from his trunks, it's pre-New 52.

And yeah, growing up, I always thought Superman was the "pure" superhero, and was less likely to be seen fornicating as someone like Batman. But given all the examples above, that never really seems to have been the case, aside from Lois & Clark for some reason.

As for who he's diddled, I'm definitely looking for some concrete examples, know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Where is that one from? Judging from his trunks, it's pre-New 52.

And yeah, growing up, I always thought Superman was the "pure" superhero, and was less likely to be seen fornicating as someone like Batman. But given all the examples above, that never really seems to have been the case, aside from Lois & Clark for some reason.

As for who he's diddled, I'm definitely looking for some concrete examples, know what I mean?
    That’s from the current Action Comics run, he’s been back in the trunks since Bendis took over. Sex at DC is… weird. Did you know at one point they tried to claim Batman was still a virgin and had never had sex with any woman because it would be “too distracting”? Byrne also claimed that Wonder Woman was straight and a virgin. DC (and comics in general) have been heavily repressed because of the Comics Code and also American society in general just being prudish. Only recently have they loosened up and admitted that yes, the heroes have sex.

There still isn’t explicit sex scenes however outside of a few series. You can show someone getting ripped in half and their guts falling out, but you can’t show nipples lol. The Batpenis controversy showed people still aren’t full comfortable with sex. But for explicit stories where Clark has had sex:

-Obviously tons of stories with Lois
    -Diana he clearly had sex with in Kingdom Come and the DKRverse given she has kids with him. There’s also the New 52 where they’re shown sleeping together a few times.
    -Maxima he goes off and has sex with her in that one Annual where Lois dies and he chooses to leave Earth
    -Lana it’s usually just heavily implied, don’t know if they have ever had an explicit sex scene, ditto for Lori. However there’s Elseworld stories where he has kids with Lana and Lori which obviously means they did the deed in those stories.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This is a topic of utmost importance. People should read Larry Niven's Man of Steel, Woman of Klennex
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC (and comics in general) have been heavily repressed because of the Comics Code and also American society in general just being prudish. Only recently have they loosened up and admitted that yes, the heroes have sex.

There still isn’t explicit sex scenes however outside of a few series. You can show someone getting ripped in half and their guts falling out, but you can’t show nipples lol. The Batpenis controversy showed people still aren’t full comfortable with sex.
    Exactly. It's so weird, especially as comics are still considered media for 'kids' but the standard between violence and sex is SO contradictory.

It's also weird that in various Marvel comics the '90s (also DC to a lesser extent) women were drawn as naked, with butt and breasts inexplicably both camera facing at all times, and with only the tiniest slivers of cloth covering the naughty bits but this was okay.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I'm pretty sure Clark has a healthy sex life before Lois.

Astonishing Member

Pre-Crisis, Lana was always trying to prove that Clark and Superboy were the same person, but Clark/Superboy always denied it. After the Byrne re-boot, there never was a Superboy, but Clark chose to reveal his powers to Lana in one memorable evening. Were we supposed to get the impression that this revelation was meant to explain to Lana why they could never be lovers, or was it meant to be a necessary stage in their actually becoming lovers?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Amazing Grace in Adventures of Superman #426 (1987).

When the Superman brainwashed by Darkseid story (seen above) was adapted for Superman TAS; Supes was paired with Lashina. Instead of Amazing Grace. An abandoned story idea of Bruce Timm was that Lashina would have Superman’s son and that son would have over throne and killed Darkseid. This would’ve been an episode on Batman Beyond. Since it was retroactively revealed in JLU, that Terry is Bruce’s illegitimate child as well.

The most explicit confirmation of Supes and Lois in the comics would have to be from For Tomorrow, I’d say.

“Mind Numbing”.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-10-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

That’s from the current Action Comics run, he’s been back in the trunks since Bendis took over. Sex at DC is… weird. Did you know at one point they tried to claim Batman was still a virgin and had never had sex with any woman because it would be “too distracting”? Byrne also claimed that Wonder Woman was straight and a virgin. DC (and comics in general) have been heavily repressed because of the Comics Code and also American society in general just being prudish. Only recently have they loosened up and admitted that yes, the heroes have sex.

There still isn’t explicit sex scenes however outside of a few series. You can show someone getting ripped in half and their guts falling out, but you can’t show nipples lol. The Batpenis controversy showed people still aren’t full comfortable with sex. But for explicit stories where Clark has had sex:

-Obviously tons of stories with Lois
    -Diana he clearly had sex with in Kingdom Come and the DKRverse given she has kids with him. There’s also the New 52 where they’re shown sleeping together a few times.
    -Maxima he goes off and has sex with her in that one Annual where Lois dies and he chooses to leave Earth
    -Lana it’s usually just heavily implied, don’t know if they have ever had an explicit sex scene, ditto for Lori. However there’s Elseworld stories where he has kids with Lana and Lori which obviously means they did the deed in those stories.
    He did it with one of the Female Furies: a different on in the comics and a different one in Superman:the animated series.

Incredible Member

So, just curious, is American Alien officially Elseworlds?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    So, just curious, is American Alien officially Elseworlds?
    Yes. It's always been Elseworld/alternate universe.

One of a number dime a dozen, day one origin stories that will never get a sequel.

Pretty sure he and Lana are definitely implied to have had sex and were each other’s first. Explicit sex scenes are rarely shown because it’s Superman and sex outside of marriage is a sin . He’s heavily implied to have been involved in the main continuity with Lana, Lori, Diana, and I think that’s it? Elseworlds Supermen have obviously gotten it on with a lot more such as Maxima.

As for Lois:

Lol, this is great. I'm very close to finishing Bendis run and i like what i heard of PKJ run, so i'm excited to start it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Yes. It's always been Elseworld/alternate universe.

One of a number dime a dozen, day one origin stories that will never get a sequel.
    For what it's worth, it became the primary inspiration (I think) for the current line of animated Superman and JL films.

Incredible Member

While on the topic of Lois & Clark, I compiled a little timeline of their relationship. I'm missing when their post-crisis versions first started dating. And I don't know anything about Rebirth/Infinite Frontier!

1976 Mar. Superman #297 Spend the night together; later break up
    1978 Jun. Action Comics #484 Earth-2 Versions are married
    1991 Feb. Action Comics #662 Reveals identity; become engaged
    1996 Dec. Superman: The Wedding Album Married