Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

We can go around in circles over the big question as to whether or not Lois knew.

My position is that Lois always knew. From day one Lois knew, there was never a day
    where Clark fooled her. There were times when she couldn't prove it, but she still
    figured Clark was Superman. Don't even try the glasses were hypnotic bit. But as
    their relationship went on, with Clark not proposing for years, she figured he would
    propose eventually or else she gave up on that happening. When Clark finally did
    propose, telling her everything, she feigned surprise. Women sometimes feel the need
    to cater to the male ego.

Jimmy: How was work today?

Clark: Oh, pretty good. We got a new story and The Planet will make a lot of money.

Jimmy: What’s the story?

Clark: I cannot tell you; it's confidential

Jimmy: Aw, come on. Why not?

Clark: No, I can't. Anyway, how is your sex life?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Jimmy: How was work today?

Clark: Oh, pretty good. We got a new story and The Planet will make a lot of money.

Jimmy: What’s the story?

Clark: I cannot tell you; it's confidential

Jimmy: Aw, come on. Why not?

Clark: No, I can't. Anyway, how is your sex life?
    I understood that reference

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Really??? Any examples?
    I'm sorry I don't have the issue numbers at hand.
    During the story arc where Lois and Superman break up and she starts dating Clark, she has a date at Clark's apartment - the first time they did the beef bourguigon thing, and there's a "click" of the door lock. The next day we see Lois at work still wearing the same dress and singing because she's so happy.
    At the end of arc when Lois is back with Superman they have a date at her apartment and there's the same "click" of the door lock. So the intention is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    We can go around in circles over the big question as to whether or not Lois knew.

My position is that Lois always knew. From day one Lois knew, there was never a day
    where Clark fooled her. There were times when she couldn't prove it, but she still
    figured Clark was Superman. Don't even try the glasses were hypnotic bit. But as
    their relationship went on, with Clark not proposing for years, she figured he would
    propose eventually or else she gave up on that happening. When Clark finally did
    propose, telling her everything, she feigned surprise. Women sometimes feel the need
    That's a good theory. But if she knew why didn't she pursue Clark instead of showing disdain for him as a romantic partner?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I understood that reference
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I'm sorry I don't have the issue numbers at hand.
    During the story arc where Lois and Superman break up and she starts dating Clark, she has a date at Clark's apartment - the first time they did the beef bourguigon thing, and there's a "click" of the door lock. The next day we see Lois at work still wearing the same dress and singing because she's so happy.
    At the end of arc when Lois is back with Superman they have a date at her apartment and there's the same "click" of the door lock. So the intention is obvious.
    Yep, I know the arc you're talking about, it's referenced in my OP. Superman #297 is when Lois and Clark did it.
    I forgot she and Supes apparently did it right afterwards. Too bad I can't seem to actually get the comics online. How did you even come across them?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Me too!

Yep, I know the arc you're talking about, it's referenced in my OP. Superman #297 is when Lois and Clark did it.
    I forgot she and Supes apparently did it right afterwards. Too bad I can't seem to actually get the comics online. How did you even come across them?
    I bought the back issues last year on Ebay as part of a large set. There was a comic shop that went out of business and I got some great deals on some large sets. Pre-Crisis Superman got me through 2020.

Incredible Member

I like the angle they were pursuing in the early days of the New 52, that Clark would essentially be an incel in today's world if he wasn't Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I like the angle they were pursuing in the early days of the New 52, that Clark would essentially be an incel in today's world if he wasn't Superman.
    I get the "involuntarily celibate" part, but I don't quite get "incel." I feel like "incel" implies hostility toward women, and I just didn't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I get the "involuntarily celibate" part, but I don't quite get "incel." I feel like "incel" implies hostility toward women, and I just didn't get that.
    Incel(to me) implies he's trying and failing. IE, he gets rejected.

Most of the Time? Supes isn't trying.

on the subject of Pre Crisis Superman, in the later years where Clark was dating Lana, I had the impression they were having sex. It was never explicit, but there were subtle hints.
    Clark takes Lana to dinner and has to leave early for an emergency, thinks he was looking forward to spending the night with her. I believe it was in the Lois Lane mini series at the end where Lois drops by Clark's apartment in the morning to find Lana and Clark having breakfast. Nothing concrete if you want to ignore it, but as an adult the intention seemed pretty clear.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    on the subject of Pre Crisis Superman, in the later years where Clark was dating Lana, I had the impression they were having sex. It was never explicit, but there were subtle hints.
    Clark takes Lana to dinner and has to leave early for an emergency, thinks he was looking forward to spending the night with her. I believe it was in the Lois Lane mini series at the end where Lois drops by Clark's apartment in the morning to find Lana and Clark having breakfast. Nothing concrete if you want to ignore it, but as an adult the intention seemed pretty clear.
    GAH! Now I'm going to go crazy wondering what issues those are to look for!

Mighty Member

I don't think Superman was confirmed to not do "unheroic" things in the bedroom like Bruce... I can assume that Clark isn't a selfish lover.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post

That's some headcanon, as the youngin's say. But, there are some comics where Lois wasn't fooled. Such as in 1949 when they got married, Lois knows Clark Kent is Superman and outright says she gets to enjoy being married to both Superman and Clark Kent, yes Clark still denied being Superman. In Johns SO, Lois knew Clark's appearance was put on, but not that he's Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Superman was "involuntarily celibate"?what?are we talking about the glasses persona or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Incel(to me) implies he's trying and failing. IE, he gets rejected.

Most of the Time? Supes isn't trying.
    Incel hate women.Clark/superman had no such problems.He had a relationship with lana.Clark being an incel is looong loooong stretch.Early days of new52 supes is based on Goldenage guy.Yeah! i don't see it.At all.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"