Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman was "involuntarily celibate"?what?are we talking about the glasses persona or what?

Incel hate women.Clark/superman had no such problems.He had a relationship with lana.Clark being an incel is looong loooong stretch.Early days of new52 supes is based on Goldenage guy.Yeah! i don't see it.At all.
    Incels hate women is far too kind. Their mindset goes far beyond hate.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I like the angle they were pursuing in the early days of the New 52, that Clark would essentially be an incel in today's world if he wasn't Superman.
    Um no. Do you even know what that word even means?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Incels hate women is far too kind. Their mindset goes far beyond hate.
    Be that as a may,clark was dating princesses and junk.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

There's been some incel-ish stuff applied to Superman. Frank Miller's Year One had that one speech in the context of people not appreciating him for who he was really juxaposed against Lois making a comment on Clark disappearing that could have been a rant on some reddit incel sub. And they did lightly touch on some of that in the beginning of New 52 with the whole thing where he sulks away from Lois' apartment all dejected, it was pathetic, but I don't think they were going for that. The Miller thing is far worse and he uses Diana as like the sex toy that gets pretty close to what some of the incels want a woman to actually be. Miller's Superman would definitely end up along those lines if taken to the end point.

Incredible Member

Let me clarify. I simply meant that, as Clark, he realistically has trouble getting laid, and even gets outright cucked by Lois while being forced to hear it with his super-hearing. It's a brutal scene. Unlike the Batman/Bruce Wayne dichotomy, the glasses-wearing, big-hearted dork known as Clark Kent kind of "is" the real Superman (though I know that's a very contentious statement). So, if he wasn't Superman, and all he had was Clark, and he had to compete for Lois's attention in 21st century Metropolis against the backdrop of 21st century politics, technology, and media? It might get rough. That's all I'm saying. Now, I agree that he and Lana were probably intimate at least once (but would that have happened if she was totally ignorant of his powers?) so it's kind of a complex situation. But yeah.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I've always liked the notion that Superman abstained from sex mainly out of fear that he'd literally kill whomever he was sleeping with, with his, er, climactic speeding bullets, unless they were superhumanly durable as well. It's why I enjoyed that one episode of Smallville where Lana gets powers and the two have an afternoon roll in the hay that causes earthquakes and aftershocks. Yep, that sounds about right.

Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-13-2021 at 12:40 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty sure he and Lana are definitely implied to have had sex and were each other’s first. Explicit sex scenes are rarely shown because it’s Superman and sex outside of marriage is a sin . He’s heavily implied to have been involved in the main continuity with Lana, Lori, Diana, and I think that’s it? Elseworlds Supermen have obviously gotten it on with a lot more such as Maxima.

As for Lois:

Man, what a waste of a good shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s from the current Action Comics run, he’s been back in the trunks since Bendis took over. Sex at DC is… weird. Did you know at one point they tried to claim Batman was still a virgin and had never had sex with any woman because it would be “too distracting”? Byrne also claimed that Wonder Woman was straight and a virgin. DC (and comics in general) have been heavily repressed because of the Comics Code and also American society in general just being prudish. Only recently have they loosened up and admitted that yes, the heroes have sex.
    Didn't DC say something months ago about Batman not eating pussy? It's weird to specifically point this out lol.

There still isn’t explicit sex scenes however outside of a few series. You can show someone getting ripped in half and their guts falling out, but you can’t show nipples lol. The Batpenis controversy showed people still aren’t full comfortable with sex.
    Yeah the American culture is weirdly prudish, like, we have the Mortal Kombat games, with unnervingly well made fatalities, which legit gave PTSD to the people working on them since they had to search for pictures and videos about gore... Yet, people bitch that women are dressed in a skimpy way, to the point in MKX, they're dressed in more conservative costumes.

Now I'm not saying that the characters look worse, some actually got improved costumes because of this and a lot of old MK females costumes were just, micro bikinis, and that's boring, but the point is that, despite the game having so much gore and being made for a mature audience, people still bitched about the silly costumes because they revealed too much, yeah...

As I understand incel "culture" it's not just about being unable to find a woman, it's about blaming everyone else for your inability to get laid. Blame women, blame "alpha" males, blame anyone but yourself and your lack of game. Incels have nothing to offer, and blame those who do for their inability to impress women.

Nothing about Clark fits the incel description. They're utterly loathsome people; sexist, weak-minded, and immature.

The fact that Clark, in his disguise as a mild mannered coward, can't easily land the most eligible bachelorette in Metropolis does not make him an incel.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As I understand incel "culture" it's not just about being unable to find a woman, it's about blaming everyone else for your inability to get laid. Blame women, blame "alpha" males, blame anyone but yourself and your lack of game. Incels have nothing to offer, and blame those who do for their inability to impress women.

Nothing about Clark fits the incel description. They're utterly loathsome people; sexist, weak-minded, and immature.

The fact that Clark, in his disguise as a mild mannered coward, can't easily land the most eligible bachelorette in Metropolis does not make him an incel.
    Even at its most basic meaning, "involutary celibate", Supes still wouldn't qualify as that, since he's not someone desperately chasing tail, he doesn't even seen interested in having sex unless it's with a woman he loves, so yeah.

There was a thread on this a few years ago and someone posted from Hunt/Prey in the 90's them kissing as he turned her around (prewedding) then them waking in bed...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Let me clarify. I simply meant that, as Clark, he realistically has trouble getting laid, and even gets outright cucked by Lois while being forced to hear it with his super-hearing. It's a brutal scene. Unlike the Batman/Bruce Wayne dichotomy, the glasses-wearing, big-hearted dork known as Clark Kent kind of "is" the real Superman (though I know that's a very contentious statement). So, if he wasn't Superman, and all he had was Clark, and he had to compete for Lois's attention in 21st century Metropolis against the backdrop of 21st century politics, technology, and media? It might get rough. That's all I'm saying. Now, I agree that he and Lana were probably intimate at least once (but would that have happened if she was totally ignorant of his powers?) so it's kind of a complex situation. But yeah.
    No,the guy wearing the jeans and T-shirt is the real deal.This ain't byrne superman.Supes had more game than bruce wayne without even trying.Granted clark doesn't have much money.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-13-2021 at 08:11 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    on the subject of Pre Crisis Superman, in the later years where Clark was dating Lana, I had the impression they were having sex. It was never explicit, but there were subtle hints.
    Clark takes Lana to dinner and has to leave early for an emergency, thinks he was looking forward to spending the night with her. I believe it was in the Lois Lane mini series at the end where Lois drops by Clark's apartment in the morning to find Lana and Clark having breakfast. Nothing concrete if you want to ignore it, but as an adult the intention seemed pretty clear.
    Now it must become my life's mission to find these issues. What time period were they from?

Is this the Lois Lane miniseries you were talking about?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Lois_Lane_Vol_1

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I've always liked the notion that Superman abstained from sex mainly out of fear that he'd literally kill whomever he was sleeping with, with his, er, climactic speeding bullets, unless they were superhumanly durable as well. It's why I enjoyed that one episode of Smallville where Lana gets powers and the two have an afternoon roll in the hay that causes earthquakes and aftershocks. Yep, that sounds about right.

Spotlight on Clark and Diana

Frank Miller's TDKSA

Fan Artist Nebezial

New 52 Dark Truth

You always hope that your heroes have good sex, and since Superman is imaginary, nobody, not Larry Niven and not Frank Miller, is going to tell me that Superman can't get it on without hurting his partner. That's just silly, the kind of silly that comes of taking soft-sci-fi adventure fiction entire too seriously.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Having given this some additional thought, I don't think "involuntarily celibate" applies to Clark Kent. It's more like "begrudgingly," as in he's choosing celibacy out of some reason like paternalism or something else, but it's totally dissatisfying. That's one of the things that made his marriage refreshing: they ditched the "the hero needs to protect his loved ones" trope (which Superman likely started) and paved the way to making superhero SOs something other than fish in a barrel. Though I guess Spider-man beat Superman to the punch in that sense.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-14-2021 at 05:58 PM.