Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Does anyone know what issue Superman and Wonder Woman broke up?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There's been some incel-ish stuff applied to Superman. Frank Miller's Year One had that one speech in the context of people not appreciating him for who he was really juxaposed against Lois making a comment on Clark disappearing that could have been a rant on some reddit incel sub. And they did lightly touch on some of that in the beginning of New 52 with the whole thing where he sulks away from Lois' apartment all dejected, it was pathetic, but I don't think they were going for that. The Miller thing is far worse and he uses Diana as like the sex toy that gets pretty close to what some of the incels want a woman to actually be. Miller's Superman would definitely end up along those lines if taken to the end point.
    Yes. I would agree with this.

Full agree. Superman has good sex, he's capable of having normal sex, it's been more or less official in the comics for a long time, and this thread seems mostly toxic and insane to me!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Let me clarify. I simply meant that, as Clark, he realistically has trouble getting laid, and even gets outright cucked by Lois while being forced to hear it with his super-hearing. It's a brutal scene. Unlike the Batman/Bruce Wayne dichotomy, the glasses-wearing, big-hearted dork known as Clark Kent kind of "is" the real Superman (though I know that's a very contentious statement). So, if he wasn't Superman, and all he had was Clark, and he had to compete for Lois's attention in 21st century Metropolis against the backdrop of 21st century politics, technology, and media? It might get rough. That's all I'm saying. Now, I agree that he and Lana were probably intimate at least once (but would that have happened if she was totally ignorant of his powers?) so it's kind of a complex situation. But yeah.
    Whatever you think of the Byrne run, one thing he got right is that Clark is a hunk, and a catch. He's hot. All the bad posture and glasses aren't going to do enough to make him not be hot. Beyond his looks, he's intelligent and sensitive. It made perfect sense that Cat Grant was crazy for Clark, and that eventually Lois fell for him too.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I imagine Clark is slow and gentle in bed, probably not one for wild and crazy sex obviously. Lois probably likes it that way. If you'd ask me, I'm sure Superman has some device in his fortress he can use when in that mood.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Whatever you think of the Byrne run, one thing he got right is that Clark is a hunk, and a catch. He's hot. All the bad posture and glasses aren't going to do enough to make him not be hot. Beyond his looks, he's intelligent and sensitive. It made perfect sense that Cat Grant was crazy for Clark, and that eventually Lois fell for him too.
    He also wore a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    All the bad posture and glasses aren't going to do enough to make him not be hot.
    But the glasses!

Nobody's more unattractive than mid-90s Clark Kent.

Incredible Member

Let me clarify. I simply meant that, as Clark, he realistically has trouble getting laid, and even gets outright cucked by Lois while being forced to hear it with his super-hearing. It's a brutal scene. .
    I'm still trying to figure out what the heck this post is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    You always hope that your heroes have good sex, and since Superman is imaginary, nobody, not Larry Niven and not Frank Miller, is going to tell me that Superman can't get it on without hurting his partner. That's just silly, the kind of silly that comes of taking soft-sci-fi adventure fiction entire too seriously.
    This is the sanest comment in the thread.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Let me clarify. I simply meant that, as Clark, he realistically has trouble getting laid, and even gets outright cucked by Lois while being forced to hear it with his super-hearing. It's a brutal scene. Unlike the Batman/Bruce Wayne dichotomy, the glasses-wearing, big-hearted dork known as Clark Kent kind of "is" the real Superman (though I know that's a very contentious statement). So, if he wasn't Superman, and all he had was Clark, and he had to compete for Lois's attention in 21st century Metropolis against the backdrop of 21st century politics, technology, and media? It might get rough. That's all I'm saying. Now, I agree that he and Lana were probably intimate at least once (but would that have happened if she was totally ignorant of his powers?) so it's kind of a complex situation. But yeah.
    Before his powers kick in I can believe this. Afterwards though?

I don’t think these guys have problems getting laid lol
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I imagine Clark is slow and gentle in bed, probably not one for wild and crazy sex obviously. Lois probably likes it that way. If you'd ask me, I'm sure Superman has some device in his fortress he can use when in that mood.
    Red Sun lamp?

Superman's a virgin. He'd kill any normal woman.

He can only make love to aliens and Wonder Woman level beings or other Kryptonians.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    You always hope that your heroes have good sex, and since Superman is imaginary, nobody, not Larry Niven and not Frank Miller, is going to tell me that Superman can't get it on without hurting his partner. That's just silly, the kind of silly that comes of taking soft-sci-fi adventure fiction entire too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This is the sanest comment in the thread.
    I appreciate the love!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Red Sun lamp?
    Maybe he keeps a mini-Convergence Dome in his bedroom.

So apparently I missed a thing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El