Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I appreciate the love!
    That's what she said!

Sorry. In this thread, somebody had to say it and none of you guys were stepping up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

By comparison, the same thread on Spider-Man forums had no implications that Spidey was a bad lover or could potentially kill his partners, and for those unaware, we have Spider-Man Reign where he did kill MJ for "loving her", in other words, probably radioactive jizz, and that wasn't really brought up, 'cause it's dumb.

So the contrast between that thread and this one is funny, y'all are trying to apply too much silly realism to comic books, Supes is a good lover.

(Adventures of Superman#507)
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-18-2021 at 05:44 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    But the glasses!

Nobody's more unattractive than mid-90s Clark Kent.
    Someone need to re-create that scene with Lois and Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    This is a topic of utmost importance. People should read Larry Niven's Man of Steel, Woman of Klennex
    I don't subscribe to this article and think its silly.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'll just leave this here, because it is so good

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Let me clarify. I simply meant that, as Clark, he realistically has trouble getting laid, and even gets outright cucked by Lois while being forced to hear it with his super-hearing. It's a brutal scene.
    My curiosity is killing me about what issue this scene was. Was it with Jonathan Carroll.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Let me clarify. I simply meant that, as Clark, he realistically has trouble getting laid, and even gets outright cucked by Lois while being forced to hear it with his super-hearing.
    @bold When did this happen?if such a thing happened..Then how did lois-the character survive the onslaught from fans aftwards..She gets bad rep as it is.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-20-2021 at 09:19 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I don't subscribe to this article and think its silly.
    I find it completely stupid.

People can believe a man can fly and use the toilet without shattering it to pieces because comics but they won't accept he can have sex with his wife without killing her. Hypocrites

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    @bold When did this happen?if such a thing happened..Then how did lois-the character survive the onslaught from fans aftwards..She gets bad rep as it is.
    Just what I've been asking!

He’s referring to this:

Note that even though Clark and Lois had never dated during the New 52, and weren’t together at the time, everyone in the media still called Clark a cuck for this. Not really fair given they weren’t dating and never had, but it was just such a bizarre creative choice that just seemed custom built to make you hate Lois and see Clark as “weak”. It’s been erased from canon the same way most of the New 52 has (and that’s one thing from that era I’m fine with being erased)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Poor Jonathan Carroll. He never even existed now, right? "Re-birth" actually means "Never-born" in his case, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    but it was just such a bizarre creative choice that just seemed custom built to make you hate Lois and see Clark as “weak”.
    Agreed with the part about making Clark Kent (but not Superman) seem weak, but not necessarily to make readers hate Lois. At least, not make readers hate Lois any more than audiences would hate Lois in Superman Returns for living with Richard White* or Lana in Smallville for having Whitney as a boyfriend in the first season. The other man is just a romantic rival or our hero to overcome.

*If you have to talk about "the other man" in Hollywood, I think all conversations do have to start with James Marsden. I kind of wish George Perez gave Jonathan Carroll the initials "J.M."

EDIT: The unintended but prevalent consequence of creating a James Marsden character, though, is that incel types might say the female love interest is "bad" or whatever for not realizing how great the male protagonist is and stuff, but I can't blame the writers.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 11-21-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I find it completely stupid.

People can believe a man can fly and use the toilet without shattering it to pieces because comics but they won't accept he can have sex with his wife without killing her. Hypocrites
    There is always a subjective limit on suspended disbelief, is there not?

And that toilet part sounds like a good test for a new thread. I'm betting some writer will come along with a story that Superman's shite becomes this toxic collective goo that acquires sentience and erodes through the septic tank all the way to Earth's core and beyond on its way to China. Or have they written that story already?

I mean seriously, if Superman's breath is super, how could his farts not be??? He'd literally blow up a toilet, unless it was made out of Nth metal.

Yeah I think we’ve exhausted all point of this thread now that we’ve reached 12 year old toilet humor.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Okay, okay, okay. No more sophomoric wisecracks about the god-awful Super Stench emitted from his Super Chute when he takes a Super Poo. We'll have no more commentary like that around these parts! (Unless your name is Martha. Then you can talk all of the Super Sh** you want. God bless, you, ma'am. Pampers just weren't made for Kryptonians.)
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin