Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wait people actually saw them as not a thing at some point?
    I didn't at first, but at the time I was barely into my teen years, and from a part of the country when and where gay was what bullies called people before punching them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    As a queer person who frequents these boards can I ask that things around here are less homophobic, by both the writers that are allies to the queer community and people against the queer community. Sometimes even allys can say something by accident that is harmful. And I think that is the case in this one. By equating rape and molestation with homosexuality like you did it further perpetuates the long standing myth that a rapist or molester with the same sex means your gay. NO! Rapists and molesters dont do it because of the sex. They do it because of the power. Rape/molestation is NOT about sexuality its about power and equating the two just muddies the waters for everyone.
    Thank you so much for this!!
    Much love

All-New Member

They are clearly living together as a married couple raising Rogue as their daughter in Uncanny #170 (1983)

RCO013_1469471417.jpg
    RCO014_1469471417.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ril View Post
    They are clearly living together as a married couple raising Rogue as their daughter in Uncanny #170 (1983)

RCO013_1469471417.jpg
    RCO014_1469471417.jpg
    Exactly. They were lovers since day 1. CC also wanted Mystique to take a male form to impregnate Destiny with Rogue (or nightcrawler, i dont remember), but the editors didnt let him.
    Last edited by MrSinister; 11-12-2021 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ril View Post

RCO013_1469471417.jpg
    RCO014_1469471417.jpg
    I actually think those pages represent some of the closeting on their relationship. "In need of a friend", indeed. Friendzone smokescreen.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by realtorsezfv View Post
    There was no mention of this type of relationship in the comics until a certain period.
    There was no explicit mention, but it was definitely depicted, just under the radar.

Was actually just posting in another thread that reading back issues always surprises me how blatant some of what now is called "coding" was. Shatterstar in X-Force is on-panel said to be wondering if Rictor is more than a friend and their relationship is explicitly compared to the will-they-won't-they between Siryn and Warpath.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    There was no explicit mention, but it was definitely depicted, just under the radar.

Was actually just posting in another thread that reading back issues always surprises me how blatant some of what now is called "coding" was. Shatterstar in X-Force is on-panel said to be wondering if Rictor is more than a friend and their relationship is explicitly compared to the will-they-won't-they between Siryn and Warpath.
    You're absolutely right. There were a lot of subtle hints regarding their friendship and I remember wondering if it was going to "go there."

Same with Raven and Irene for sure.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Yeah the Skip one is really what mad me sad the way it equated molestation with queerness. When it is about power not sex
    But to say all sex offenders are straight is also avoiding the issue that of course lgbtq can do harmful things, like straight people. Are all rapists lgbtq? No. Are they all straight? No.