Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Interesting question. Giving it some thought, letting. Miles come from am alternate verse will allow for another whole set of stories to tell in addition to street level type tales .
    I'd be down for this, too. I really hope when Holland is ready to leave the role, Peter Parker leaves with him, the same way Stark left with Downey, Cap left with Evans, and Natasha left with Johansson to make room for Miles.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully he better have gotten paid for his work.
    I hope so too

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd be down for this, too. I really hope when Holland is ready to leave the role, Peter Parker leaves with him, the same way Stark left with Downey, Cap left with Evans, and Natasha left with Johansson to make room for Miles.
    Agreed, but it's a long long time before that happens.I don't expect a marriage and Mayday but another trilogy is a minimum.

I do wonder how the next gen after Peter leaves will do tbh.A lot of people felt phase 3 ended a lot of Marvel's stuff and I have to say once the current roster of Thor, Guardians, Shang Chi, Cap. Marvel, Peter leave how the rest will fare.I was praying that phase 4 would be Black Panther's phase but unfortunately tragedy struck.Still I find myself leaning towards a recast tbh.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I hope so too

Agreed, but it's a long long time before that happens.I don't expect a marriage and Mayday but another trilogy is a minimum.

I do wonder how the next gen after Peter leaves will do tbh.A lot of people felt phase 3 ended a lot of Marvel's stuff and I have to say once the current roster of Thor, Guardians, Shang Chi, Cap. Marvel, Peter leave how the rest will fare.I was praying that phase 4 would be Black Panther's phase but unfortunately tragedy struck.Still I find myself leaning towards a recast tbh.
    Recast all the way brother.

Extraordinary Member

With No Way Home, it's going to be Holland's sixth MCU movie as Peter. That's only about one less than Scarlett Johannson and two more than Jeremy Renner. If he wanted to step away from it and the Feige wanted to move onto Miles, it certainly wouldn't be unprecedented given that Sam's already become Cap and Yelena's already become Black Widow.

Like I said, though, I'd be equally as happy if Pete and Miles shared the screen. That would be fantastic, too.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    With No Way Home, it's going to be Holland's sixth MCU movie as Peter. That's only about one less than Scarlett Johannson and two more than Jeremy Renner. If he wanted to step away from it and the Feige wanted to move onto Miles, it certainly wouldn't be unprecedented given that Sam's already become Cap and Yelena's already become Black Widow.

Like I said, though, I'd be equally as happy if Pete and Miles shared the screen. That would be fantastic, too.
    I'd like that as well, but not them being the same age.The dynamic always works best when one is older(ITSV, Insomniac, comics) as compared to same age(Marvel's Spider-man).

And other heroes were adults, I'd(and from what I interact w/ MCU Spidey fans) feel Peter could go if he grew b/w these movies but he's still a high schooler.The demand for a college trilogy is very high and w/ how hard Marvel fought for Spidey one would hope they'd deliver.

That and I want Miles to get his share of light and same age would feel like stepping on Miles's toes.When he comes in I hope it's more than just a sidekick-esqe role.

Ultimate Member

Miles and Panther appear on this year's Marvel gift wrap-now at Dollar Tree.

Pretty much that is it for Big Two black characters appearing in odd media. DC it's Damian Wayne as the only POC on DC gift wrap.

Yes this has noting to do with the topic in hand but it's little stuff like this that help expose a character to the public.

Interesting that Shang Chi or Widow or Eternals (or Venom) doesn't have wrap. I know they did it for Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ho-c...-is-cancelled/

Originally solicited for October, then delayed to December, Luke Cage: City On Fire by Ho Che Anderson and Farid Karami has been cancelled, for now, by Marvel Comics.

I'll be asking around and seeing what I can find out. In the comments, David F Walker replied saying "I'm genuinely sorry. I went through something similar with Marvel a few times, and it always feels like crap." Here are the solicitations for what would have run, and when. You know, there's The Black Panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Black Friday – I wonder if this will come up?

LUKE CAGE CITY ON FIRE #1 (OF 3) ANDERSON VAR
    MARVEL COMICS
    AUG211109
    (W) Ho Che Anderson (A) Farid Karami (CA) Ho Che Anderson
    AN ALL-TOO-RELEVANT STORY ROCKS THE MARVEL U!
    When a Black man is murdered by a police officer in New York City, Luke Cage is called to action. But what does a good man do when protecting the streets puts him at odds with his own people? A cadre of crooked cops named the Regulators are out to terrorize ordinary
    citizens, and with Daredevil determined to bring them down no matter the cost and Mayor Fisk equally determined to use them to tighten his grip on the city, it's up to Cage to keep the city from completely going up in flames. Joined by an exciting lineup of artists (Farid
    Karami on #1, Ray-Anthony Height on #2 and Sean Damien Hill on #3), celebrated creator Ho Che Anderson (King: A Comics Biography of Martin Luther King, Jr.; Scream Queen) makes his Marvel debut with an ambitious, hard-hitting story unlike any you've seen in the 616. Change is coming – and it starts here. RATED T+In Shops: Dec 29, 2021 SRP: $4.99

Meanwhile Hawkeye's dog gets a one shot.

I hate to say black people need to just start pirating because it's wrong but what do you do when you want to read something that isn't done by one person and is owned by a big company who services you use but they haven't trickled down the diversity. At the end of the day marvel can exclude us until we are blue in the face but we will still read if we want because it's not only black characters we support, but if we aren't going to get any shine i guess we need to take marvel stance of it is what it is. *shrugs* hate to feel that way but at this point it isn't marvel can't it's marvel doesn't seem to want to and are actively going backwards. So i say ride it out in silence, society will catch up to them like it does everyone else. Even our dollars don't talk to Akira Cebulski and marvel.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I hate to say black people need to just start pirating because it's wrong but what do you do when you want to read something that isn't done by one person and is owned by a big company who services you use but they haven't trickled down the diversity. At the end of the day marvel can exclude us until we are blue in the face but we will still read if we want because it's not only black characters we support, but if we aren't going to get any shine i guess we need to take marvel stance of it is what it is. *shrugs* hate to feel that way but at this point it isn't marvel can't it's marvel doesn't seem to want to and are actively going backwards. So i say ride it out in silence, society will catch up to them like it does everyone else. Even our dollars don't talk to Akira Cebulski and marvel.
    Don't pirate the books w/ diverse cast.That's going to hurt us more and more.If anything pick those up as much as you can.(if you are reading them that is, no point in supporting something if you don't like the content)

And ones like Spider-man and Batman have a dedicated fanbase and won't be budged by a small group pirating because so many already do it anyway.

The big titles make more so that Marvel can invest in smaller stuff(or smth along these lines) that will sell less or bomb, so pirating anything will just hurt us in the first place since the less selling comics will be the first to get cancelled.

It's a horrible situation,stuck b/w a rock and a hard place

Don't pirate the books w/ diverse cast.That's going to hurt us more and more.If anything pick those up as much as you can.(if you are reading them that is, no point in supporting something if you don't like the content)

And ones like Spider-man and Batman have a dedicated fanbase and won't be budged by a small group pirating because so many already do it anyway.

The big titles make more so that Marvel can invest in smaller stuff(or smth along these lines) that will sell less or bomb, so pirating anything will just hurt us in the first place since the less selling comics will be the first to get cancelled.

It's a horrible situation,stuck b/w a rock and a hard place
    I support the diverse books i enjoy like the Marvels, Champions before cancellation, just got BP issue one, also got X-men 5 among other things but at this point i don't really care about the smaller books because the smaller books with not feature us, see luke cage cancellation and the million old man old lady white people books on horizon. People of color in the MU must not make it to these dystopian futures.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just to put into context i bought 172 comics in the last year with over 90% of them easily being marvel comics. and that is just digital comics.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I support the diverse books i enjoy like the Marvels, Champions before cancellation, just got BP issue one, also got X-men 5 among other things but at this point i don't really care about the smaller books because the smaller books with not feature us, see luke cage cancellation and the million old man old lady white people books on horizon. People of color in the MU must not make it to these dystopian futures.
    Agreed, it's bad.

But that BP issue 1 was great.Hoping he can keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Meanwhile Hawkeye's dog gets a one shot.
    Stop it...

Damn that's a shame, that Cage story sounds like some 616 stuff.

Whodathunk after Superman vs. the KKK in 1946 and Black Panther vs. the KKK in MP in 1980- 41 years after that (and honestly who knows how many attempts shot down), the nature of that kind of story line seems to have fallen out of favor. Maybe it's the law enforcement angle that makes it funky... yea right.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Just to add a bit of visual reality to the situation.mybooks.jpg

so what is marvel saying to people like me. at 3.99 a pop not counting the graphic novels the 4.99 issues or the 5.99 ones. They are basically saying screw you imo. I don't think most of the fans they want show that kind of support but that ship has sailed it would have been well over 200 by now if marvel wasn't just like forget ya'll.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

It honestly does not make that big of a difference.

Once of the major things I notice on those sites are books I NEVER saw on Final Order Cutoff lists that stores do.

Had this issue with Scout Comics-a book I wanted to read was NOT on my store's FOC. The store even showed me the list they got of books for that date. I even told Scout Comics and they LOL has the NERVE to blame the comic book store.
    The store in question is the ONLY comic book store that carries Scout Comics in my city. The book in question? Source-a book about a black guy that is the reincarnation of King Arthur-it was at one point optioned for a movie. That book was going for almost $100 for first printings.

Lets not forget Ebay does as much damage as those sites do. How variants do not make FOC (looking at you Spider-Man)? Yet find their way to Ebay? Akira Static cover didn't sniff it. Some of those virgin covers.

Stuff that could help sales ends up popping up AFTER folks have ordered.