Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 291
  1. #166
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    11,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I have a feeling you're right. I can't wait, personally.
    I'd like to see Miles show up sooner rather than later.

  2. #167
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Miles existing in the MCU doesn't mean he'll be Spider-man, that's what happened in the comics

    But I can see why that's more preferable though.

    I'm in no hurry for it, looking forward to it when it comes out though. ITSV takes care of my big screen Miles quota and MCU won't even do half as good a job.I wonder how Ganke will be used though?
    I would leave Miles in Sony's hands for now. And force MCU to work on bringing another black person to screw. Maybe a Blue Marvel.

  3. #168
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I'd like to see Miles show up sooner rather than later.
    Same here!
    "Overturn everything! Can't he just write an executive order that says: 'Everything Trump did is now overturned. F**k that guy.' signed, Joe Biden."

  4. #169
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would leave Miles in Sony's hands for now. And force MCU to work on bringing another black person to screw. Maybe a Blue Marvel.
    Considering Blue Marvel is a physical and intellectual powerhouse that can easily compete with, if not even exceed, the most powerful and most intelligent heroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe up until this point . . . that would be a great intro.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #170
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yes sir,Maybe a bit older.The trilogy may end w/ him graduating then Miles or something along those lines

    Also how do you guys want Miles in the MCU

    Alt. universe who then makes it to MCU whose Peter died like ITSV/comics but only w/ Peter and Miles or Insomniac style w/ Miles being from MCU-verse from the start?
    Interesting question. Giving it some thought, letting. Miles come from am alternate verse will allow for another whole set of stories to tell in addition to street level type tales .

  6. #171
    Astonishing Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,381

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Marvel hasn't done right by POC characters(not just one minority) for a long time.Haven't watched the whole thing yet but this isn't a new thing.But the problem is they write POC characters as "representation" instead of just characters.Legacy POC characters don't do anything for me, because it's just riding coattails of Straight white Males.Luke cage/Black Panther, etc. need more attention and well written OC POC characters that aren't just representation.

    EDIT:-He's wrong about Storm IMO, best black character in MU.She's not the best she's ever been but she's great in Krakoa

    And Miles Morales is succesful even though his solo isn't very special but it's decent, although that is also because of the Spider-man mantle he uses.

    Synch is another black character that's been given attention

    These comments get it IMO:-

    "Marvel doesn't care about black readers enough to make good black characters. They just use them like they use us black people on Twitter: black characters in Marvel today are just treated as their "good deed for the day". "See, we made Iron Man a black girl! See how supportive of black people we are?" "Look, Black Spider-Man! Black Lives Matter, right guys?!"

    Stop pretending you care about us, Marvel. Because of you did, you'd just make well written characters who just happen to be black. Write black characters with actual nuance and depth, instead of using them as your racial political soapbox. Black comics book fans, he'll ALL comics book fans, deserve great stories. Treat black characters with actual respect."

    "First rule of writing black characters in present day: black characters cannot simply have fun or thrilling adventures; everything involving a black character MUST center around race and racism."

    I said this on another thread a while back but I prefer reading Straight white characters because they are usually allowed to be written as just characters, as a POC it hurts when they say we're being represented in comics when it's so baseline and just for twitter brownie points.
    This. I totally agree.

    And not just Marvel. This is a very generalized issue...

    Just look at Game of Thones... They wipe a whole cool culture of sailor-archers, the Summer Islands, they erase a whole host of black characters (the prince Xalabar Xho, the sailors who brought Sam to Oldtown...etc.), and in exchange, they make two slaves (Grey Worm and Misandei) into black people... because two slaves make up for a whole culture, don't they?.

    If they were to make changes to the original story, and they wanted to make black people more visible... why not using Xalabar Xho? He was there, in the middle of everything, give him more screen time... make him take part in the war on whatever side.

    Or the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy... John Boyega said it better than I could...

    Ex-Stormtrooper Finn has SUCH a great potential... he could have been a tragic, epic hero, but he was wasted...

  7. #172
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    6,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If he exists in the MCU, then he can't brought in via the Multiverse anymore is my point.

    Marvel might not even make the Miles Morales movie.

    Just like Venom and others, Sony might decide to do it themselves.
    Why not, aside from only light teasing at best even if we even saw baby Miles be could still be brought in from the multiverse

    There are rumors of that IIRC

    Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    This. I totally agree.

    And not just Marvel. This is a very generalized issue...

    Just look at Game of Thones... They wipe a whole cool culture of sailor-archers, the Summer Islands, they erase a whole host of black characters (the prince Xalabar Xho, the sailors who brought Sam to Oldtown...etc.), and in exchange, they make two slaves (Grey Worm and Misandei) into black people... because two slaves make up for a whole culture, don't they?.

    If they were to make changes to the original story, and they wanted to make black people more visible... why not using Xalabar Xho? He was there, in the middle of everything, give him more screen time... make him take part in the war on whatever side.

    Or the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy... John Boyega said it better than I could...

    Ex-Stormtrooper Finn has SUCH a great potential... he could have been a tragic, epic hero, but he was wasted...
    Absolutely, they misuse so many good POC/black characters then give us a couple token ones as if it balances out in any way

  8. #173
    Ultimate Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,015

    Default

    They are just stuck in the past. Just like when it comes to their digital releases but at the end of the day i would say as it's parent company disney is the problem. They can't pimp diversity in all of their divsions and then let marvel run rampant while using them as a studio for ideas. At some point the two will catch up in media and one will affect the other. Also it's like the digital age, sure the current crop may fight back but when their shops are closed or they are dead marvel just left themselves in a position with less outlets and all it does is make people like me double down. DC is doing some good work right now though, especially artistically and with diversity so i've been going more toward their books lately. Even comixology and their releases are being delayed a bit but i promise you brick and mortar comics shops will not win this fight long haul, especially if they avoid coexistence with the digital market.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  9. #174
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly, I see where you're coming from, but I can't say I agree with it. It just let's the Big 2 off the hook. Plus, representation isn't just for those who need to see themselves in the characters that they read (I'm 45, btw). It's also for the majority (white straight people) to realize that they need to make room for the rest of us.
    While I do think the Big 2 are kind of trying when it comes to diversity (at least in their non-comics media), I don't think anyone is under any obligation to support them if they aren't getting that from them. Especially when other companies, within and outside of the comic industry, are doing much better. The Big 2 should either adapt for modern audiences or crumble because of their own mistakes. It should not be the job of fans to tell them to get with the times.

  10. #175
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    6,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    While I do think the Big 2 are kind of trying when it comes to diversity (at least in their non-comics media), I don't think anyone is under any obligation to support them if they aren't getting that from them. Especially when other companies, within and outside of the comic industry, are doing much better. The Big 2 should either adapt for modern audiences or crumble because of their own mistakes. It should not be the job of fans to tell them to get with the times.
    Is Big 2 crumbling? Marvel as a whole seems to be higher than ever.DC I have no clue

    I'm not saying they shouldn't do representation, it's a no brainer they should.I'm saying if they continue like they have are rn do you think they will crumble?

    There execution is not good(and I stand by the opinion that what they really need to focus on is hiring more diverse talent instead of making a new hero every week that won't stick because it's not well written or advertised) but it's not like they are ignoring it.Do you think it'll have fatal consequences?

  11. #176
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    505

    Default

    This is true?

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CWoniALP2Mc/

    Ho Che Anderson’s “Luke Cage: City on Fire” shelved by Marvel

  12. #177
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    6,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    This is true?

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CWoniALP2Mc/

    Ho Che Anderson’s “Luke Cage: City on Fire” shelved by Marvel
    Ah heck no

    It's not unheard of that books get shelved even after scripts are ready.I remember a big Spidey project was cancelled w/ 3 issues sitting there w/ full art and writing but the reason was it didn't fit into continuity anymore since it took a while to realize it.

    But they made this part of the Devil's Reign so continuity isn't the problem, and we have other mini's like the Ben Reilly Spidey 3 issue Devil's Reign mini and the X-men one which is Emma focused

    There better be a good reason for this

  13. #178
    Astonishing Member dkrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    This. I totally agree.

    And not just Marvel. This is a very generalized issue...

    Just look at Game of Thones... They wipe a whole cool culture of sailor-archers, the Summer Islands, they erase a whole host of black characters (the prince Xalabar Xho, the sailors who brought Sam to Oldtown...etc.), and in exchange, they make two slaves (Grey Worm and Misandei) into black people... because two slaves make up for a whole culture, don't they?.

    If they were to make changes to the original story, and they wanted to make black people more visible... why not using Xalabar Xho? He was there, in the middle of everything, give him more screen time... make him take part in the war on whatever side.

    Or the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy... John Boyega said it better than I could...

    Ex-Stormtrooper Finn has SUCH a great potential... he could have been a tragic, epic hero, but he was wasted...
    This is just amazing to hear about GOT, my wife watched and tried to get me hooked. I saw the slave siblings and with prejudice gave this whole thing a thumbs down. To hear that the books have more diversity than what Hollywood wanted to include its just insane to see these people continue to do the same shenanigans. BTW, Star Wars is dead to me...forever over what was done to Finn. I was one of the sheep that believed we were getting a possible young black jedi story.
    Last edited by dkrook; 11-24-2021 at 08:29 AM.

  14. #179
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is just amazing to hear about GOT, my wife watched and tried to get me hooked. I saw the slave siblings and with prejudice gave this whole thing a thumbs down. To hear that the books have more diversity than what Hollywood wanted to include its just insane to see these people continue to do the same shenanigans. BTW, Star Wars is dead to me...forever over what was done to Finn. I was one of the sheep that believed we were getting a possible young black jedi story.
    I always felt like I was watching a minstrel show when he was on screen after the first film. Even if he wasn't a Jedi he could have been a competent and admiral character. Instead he has all his character development wiped in the second film and in the third spends all his time screaming for Rey.

  15. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Ah heck no

    It's not unheard of that books get shelved even after scripts are ready.I remember a big Spidey project was cancelled w/ 3 issues sitting there w/ full art and writing but the reason was it didn't fit into continuity anymore since it took a while to realize it.

    But they made this part of the Devil's Reign so continuity isn't the problem, and we have other mini's like the Ben Reilly Spidey 3 issue Devil's Reign mini and the X-men one which is Emma focused

    There better be a good reason for this
    hopefully he better have gotten paid for his work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •