Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This, Marvel is milking legacy dries because they can't make any new IP stick

Also Champions in Marvel is a cool idea IMO but I fear it won't happen

1)Young avengers seems to be the set up they are going for

2)Peter and Kamala are the same age, so very likely he'd take Miles place there if they did have it happen.They already made him a lot similar to Miles in the way he interacts w/ other heroes not to mention ganke and Ned.Miles and Peter same age is a no no, same way replacing Peter w/ Miles in champions would be IMO.

Still champions is barely sticking as, their recent book didn't sell well IIRC(tgf the book was not good)
    In a recent interview, Tom Holland says he doesn't wanna be Spiderman when he's 30. So I figured he's on his way out. Miles is gonna join the MCU. It's not a matter of "if" but "when".

They could do a swerve and adapt the Clone Saga but I doubt it. Miles is the more straightforward option.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-23-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    In a recent interview, Tom Holland says he doesn't wanna be Spiderman when he's 30. So I figured he's on his way out. Miles is gonna join the MCU. It's not a matter of "if" but "when".

They could do a swerve and adapt the Clone Saga but I doubt it. Miles is the more straightforward option.
    It's a PR stunt, other actors have also done it to get higher pay specially since both Andrew and Tom are very much underpaid because they aren't from America.Compare their pay to Tobey, even Kristen Dunst made more money from Spider-man 2(10 mil) than both Andrew+Peter made playing Spider-man combined for all these movies including 4 solos + Civil war(6.25 mil IIRC).[recently had a talk about this on the Spider-man board and hence have numbers and such]

He's stated multiple times he wants to play Spider-man till he dies.

He's def. getting another trilogy.(and very unlikely but one of the 2 Spider-men might also get something else after NWH)

Way too early for Miles in the MCU as well.It's def. a when rather than an if, but it's a long time before that happens
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-23-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

I've read this, too, and I'm down with it. It's not like we don't already know that Miles is a plenty marketable character who's already existed in the MCU since Homecoming.

He really, really is. And likely a successful one.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I've read this, too, and I'm down with it. It's not like we don't already know that Miles is a plenty marketable character who's already existed in the MCU since Homecoming.

It's not about Miles being a succesful character, he is.They spent all this time developing Peter in high school and you think they'll kill him straight after?
    All his movies have been him learning, it's downright stupid from both a financial and in movie aspect to kill him off now

Not to mention We don't have a third gen of heroes around, it's Peter then Miles.They already lost a couple of big names and will loose more in next phases.W/ how hard they fought for Spider-man in MCU he's their best semi-long term asset rn

Ultimate Member

I don't think Sony will EVER kill Peter Parker on-screen. He's literally their cash cow and they need him on screen. Spider-man is also Marvel's largest merchandise mover, he's their crown jewel.

That being said, I can see a Miles spin-off happen IF Tom Holland agrees to stay in the role. I want to believe they cast him because they thought he would grow into the role.

When the on-screen Peter Parker is somewhere in their early 30s or something, we can get a teenage Miles Morales. But they can't take Peter off the board, the best arrangement will be like the Sony Spider-man games and have two of them co-exist.

Extraordinary Member

It's not about Miles being a succesful character, he is.They spent all this time developing Peter in high school and you think they'll kill him straight after?
    All his movies have been him learning, it's downright stupid from both a financial and in movie aspect to kill him off now

Not to mention We don't have a third gen of heroes around, it's Peter then Miles.They already lost a couple of big names and will loose more in next phases.W/ how hard they fought for Spider-man in MCU he's their best semi-long term asset rn

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't think Sony will EVER kill Peter Parker on-screen. He's literally their cash cow and they need him on screen. Spider-man is also Marvel's largest merchandise mover, he's their crown jewel.

That being said, I can see a Miles spin-off happen IF Tom Holland agrees to stay in the role. I want to believe they cast him because they thought he would grow into the role.

When the on-screen Peter Parker is somewhere in their early 30s or something, we can get a teenage Miles Morales. But they can't take Peter off the board, the best arrangement will be like the Sony Spider-man games and have two of them co-exist.
    I can see a college aged Peter mentoring a 15-year-old Miles. That would be awesome to see.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

I can see a college aged Peter mentoring a 15-year-old Miles. That would be awesome to see.
    Absolutely.

The Sony games and the comics have shown the two can co-exist.

But it's just a matter of time before Miles makes it onto the big screen. I could almost bet my mortgage on it (if I had a mortgage).

Extraordinary Member

Yes sir,Maybe a bit older.The trilogy may end w/ him graduating then Miles or something along those lines

Also how do you guys want Miles in the MCU

Alt. universe who then makes it to MCU whose Peter died like ITSV/comics but only w/ Peter and Miles or Insomniac style w/ Miles being from MCU-verse from the start?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Maybe don't rely on Marvel for representation and go read some indies?
    Oddly enough, I was never a collector of Black Panther, Falcon, Luke Cage, or Blade. If those characters and/or books were created with me in mind, then Marvel completely whiffed on the slow, underhanded pitch of a beach ball-sized opportunity.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yes sir,Maybe a bit older.The trilogy may end w/ him graduating then Miles or something along those lines

Also how do you guys want Miles in the MCU

Alt. universe who then makes it to MCU whose Peter died like ITSV/comics but only w/ Peter and Miles or Insomniac style w/ Miles being from MCU-verse from the start?
    Miles already exists in the MCU (going by the Prowler's comments in Spiderman Homecoming).

So the alternative universe route might not likely be an option anymore.

I think they should go the Insomniac route.

Astonishing Member

Absolutely.

The Sony games and the comics have shown the two can co-exist.

But it's just a matter of time before Miles makes it onto the big screen. I could almost bet my mortgage on it (if I had a mortgage).
    I have a feeling you're right. I can't wait, personally.

Extraordinary Member

Miles already exists in the MCU (going by the Prowler's comments in Spiderman Homecoming).

So the alternative universe route might not likely be an option anymore.

I think they should go the Insomniac route.
    Miles existing in the MCU doesn't mean he'll be Spider-man, that's what happened in the comics

But I can see why that's more preferable though.

I'm in no hurry for it, looking forward to it when it comes out though. ITSV takes care of my big screen Miles quota and MCU won't even do half as good a job.I wonder how Ganke will be used though?

Ultimate Member

Miles existing in the MCU doesn't mean he'll be Spider-man, that's what happened in the comics
    If he exists in the MCU, then he can't brought in via the Multiverse anymore is my point.

But I can see why that's more preferable though.

I'm in no hurry for it, looking forward to it when it comes out though. ITSV takes care of my big screen Miles quota and MCU won't even do half as good a job.I wonder how Ganke will be used though?
    Marvel might not even make the Miles Morales movie.

Just like Venom and others, Sony might decide to do it themselves.

Ultimate Member

I have a feeling you're right. I can't wait, personally.
    Same here.