Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    What it the baby learned hate from Nanny? Like it was programmed to hate mutants, so it was naturally predisposed to that. But seeing how Nanny abused Peter in front of it, it thinks that hurting others is okay. Or maybe it liked Peter because he saved it, and it wanted to avenge its big brother.

I doubt any of this is true, but I want it to be.
    It's a possibility considering the baby killed Nanny right after she yelled at Peter once again. But maybe it was just timing and the baby would have killed Peter if Nanny didn't take him.

Either way it's all so tragic!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

How old is Manuel supposed to be cause dude keeps calling him kid ain't he like 30 something?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    How old is Manuel supposed to be cause dude keeps calling him kid ain't he like 30 something?
    He should be about the age of the original New Mutants/Hellions. The resurrected Hellions are probably younger since they missed some years after dying, but I think most of the New Mutants are probably....early 20's? Manuel is probably in that range, which might still qualify "kid" from an older character.

Wow, I really feel Petey's pain. How heartbreaking, that he both wants his Nanny, but feels no animosity towards the creature who has gained Nanny's affections.

I wonder about the Empath thing too, but my thinking was maybe he'd claim responsibility and take the fall? Can he possibly have made any progress towards actually feeling empathy?

Re: why baby AI hates mutants... Back in Hellions #8, the Smileys were coming around to the mutants. Havok asked them not to call him "mutant scum." Then one of the Smileys called Havok "friend." Per Magneto's orders, Psylocke executed them all. So, I think baby AI's "mutant scum" might be warranted, considering the baby has been orphaned and probably can't say "genocidal racial supremacists" yet.

So if Peter isn't being mind controlled or whatever, I guess this means the hole for him?

Feels like I’ve been waiting for that “mew mew!” punchline to drop for ages now lol.

Mighty Member

Ouch, I felt for Peter.

I don't want it to be Empath though, that takes away from the heart of the issue IMO.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    [*]There's a woman on the Right's strike force who talks in dramatic prose and religious imagery. She interrupts her own team leader to make these weird statements, and it's clear her team are annoyed by her. Her name is Susan.
    [/LIST]
    A better name would've been Karen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    So if Peter isn't being mind controlled or whatever, I guess this means the hole for him?
    Considering he murdered two police officers, causing a diplomatic incident? Yes.

This book is so damn good. The tension is all over the place here.

Peter should join the other murderous teen mutants on X-Men Green.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Wow, I really feel Petey's pain. How heartbreaking, that he both wants his Nanny, but feels no animosity towards the creature who has gained Nanny's affections.

I wonder about the Empath thing too, but my thinking was maybe he'd claim responsibility and take the fall? Can he possibly have made any progress towards actually feeling empathy?

Re: why baby AI hates mutants... Back in Hellions #8, the Smileys were coming around to the mutants. Havok asked them not to call him "mutant scum." Then one of the Smileys called Havok "friend." Per Magneto's orders, Psylocke executed them all. So, I think baby AI's "mutant scum" might be warranted, considering the baby has been orphaned and probably can't say "genocidal racial supremacists" yet.
    I’m sure you’re right. But at the same time I can see Nanny’s abuse of also making the baby hate Nanny.

Plus it was karma because Nanny is a baby stealer. In fact though she convinced herself she was saving this baby, she still stole it and hid it.

Finally, Nanny being a kidnapper and at times murderer caught up with her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's a possibility considering the baby killed Nanny right after she yelled at Peter once again. But maybe it was just timing and the baby would have killed Peter if Nanny didn't take him.

Either way it's all so tragic!

Yes, the baby didn’t seem hostile towards Peter or any of the humans. So I think it really does hate Nanny, personally.

Peter needs to lawyer up cause several mutants have gotten away with murder without getting the hole!! He should plead Insanity!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Peter should join the other murderous teen mutants on X-Men Green.
    Not to tempt the Monkey's Paw that is clearly driving that story, but I'd like to see that.