Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

This will be quite an interesting mess that they have to clean up. Emma's PR attempt could have saved them with the death of the Right activists but the death of the two park rangers is sadly not going to go away easily.

Can't see any way for Orphan Maker to not be convicted. If it is left up to the Quiet Council, he might be lucky and get the Pit, but I think he might be turned over the American Authorities to face punishment. Krakoa is too young in the politcal arena and it has to enforce its laws to the satisfaction of their fellow nations and allies.

One question: Did Peter kill the baby AI? There is no further mention/sighting of it after it blasts and kills Nanny. Really hope it didn't escape in all the chaos.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post

One question: Did Peter kill the baby AI? There is no further mention/sighting of it after it blasts and kills Nanny. Really hope it didn't escape in all the chaos.
    Havok mentions the Smiley armor beind smashed into pieces so either baby was blown up too or he grew larger and left the armor. Scientists did say he was growing exponentially.

Not saying Krakoans will be reasonable or any of these stories would come to logical conclusions, but Peter is a minor. It is obvious he is both emotionally and physically traumatized. Even if he were legally an adult, he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to be fairly tried. It's one thing to chuck Sabretooth in a pit without a trial, but to sentence a guardian-less child with an intellectual disability to the Pit would be pretty damn sick.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Havok mentions the Smiley armor beind smashed into pieces so either baby was blown up too or he grew larger and left the armor. Scientists did say he was growing exponentially.
    Thought the armor was all that was left of Nanny. None of the Hellions except Nanny and Orphan Maker even knew that the baby AI was there since Nanny was keeping it a secret.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.
    I got the impression that Peter smashed the nasty lil shit to pieces (and rightly so) for killing Nanny. I would have done it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Thought the armor was all that was left of Nanny. None of the Hellions except Nanny and Orphan Maker even knew that the baby AI was there since Nanny was keeping it a secret.
    He specifically mentions a Smiley armor which Havok has recognition of.

Incredible Member

I do wonder how Empath will feel when Madelyne Pryor is resurrected, since he was honestly much more adjusted and had become an ally of the X-Men for some time until she mind raped him.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

He's a sociopath...he'll feel nothing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Orphan Maker is a minor and deserves leniacy while the baby deserves death for blasting the woman who kidnapped him are a hell of a couple of posts to read back to back.

Orphan Maker being a minor just makes his continued presence in the story baffling, though its par the course for the X-men. The baby reacting violently to Nanny made me laugh. A lot of people seem to forget that her entire schtick is murdering parents and stealing babies to 'love' and discarding them later on without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Orphan Maker is a minor and deserves leniacy while the baby deserves death for blasting the woman who kidnapped him are a hell of a couple of posts to read back to back.

Orphan Maker being a minor just makes his continued presence in the story baffling, though its par the course for the X-men. The baby reacting violently to Nanny made me laugh. A lot of people seem to forget that her entire schtick is murdering parents and stealing babies to 'love' and discarding them later on without a second thought.
    Not just that, the issue at the very end with Peter killing the two officers isn't as big of a deal as it seems. Get Elixir to bring them back to life, implant some BS story about how the mutants saved them from the terrorist Right folks squatting on the land. Boom, Emma gets her PR win and Peter doesn't get thrown in a hole. The only way this a complete sh!tstorm is if someone was recording this and it reaches the authorities before any mutant editing can come about.

Also, I agree that the scene with Havok and Psylocke was really well done. Havok's apology and urge to help, along with his acknowledgement that that's nowhere near enough came through in a very sincere way. As did Psylocke's response.

Nanny is a hellova funny drunk, but she’s evil. I keep wanting her to do the right thing, but she never does. She got what was coming to her.

The baby AI lost its entire race thanks to Magneto’s orders. Peter came back from Amenth and Xavier packs him into armor, calls him a monster, and sends him on his way. Emma sets up Sinister to do exactly what Sinister is going to to, entrapment basically, and Kwannon’s kid dies. “For the children” my shiny metal @ss. Leaders failing at every turn. And I am gonna love watching them burn.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Great read as usual. Smiley Baby shooting Mew-Mew was telegraphed months ago, but the execution was splendid. That being said, I was really surprised the robot baby-slaying happened off-panel. I mean, given how the book has casually/gleefully given the spotlight to child murderers, it just would've felt soberingly/honestly on-brand. Oh well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Orphan Maker is an adult. Nanny has regressed people both physically and mentally to childhood.

BANNED

This will be quite an interesting mess that they have to clean up. Emma's PR attempt could have saved them with the death of the Right activists but the death of the two park rangers is sadly not going to go away easily.

Can't see any way for Orphan Maker to not be convicted. If it is left up to the Quiet Council, he might be lucky and get the Pit, but I think he might be turned over the American Authorities to face punishment. Krakoa is too young in the politcal arena and it has to enforce its laws to the satisfaction of their fellow nations and allies.

I’m sure we’ll know next issue. But pretty sure Peter killed the AI, given he killed off the entire Right for laughing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Not just that, the issue at the very end with Peter killing the two officers isn't as big of a deal as it seems. Get Elixir to bring them back to life, implant some BS story about how the mutants saved them from the terrorist Right folks squatting on the land. Boom, Emma gets her PR win and Peter doesn't get thrown in a hole. The only way this a complete sh!tstorm is if someone was recording this and it reaches the authorities before any mutant editing can come about.

Also, I agree that the scene with Havok and Psylocke was really well done. Havok's apology and urge to help, along with his acknowledgement that that's nowhere near enough came through in a very sincere way. As did Psylocke's response.
    I doubt they will waste Elixir’s time and talents like that, plus put themselves on the hook like that. It’s also a much better story to deal with the consequences of an emotionally disturbed mutant killing the police officers. Get him good lawyers, because of the courts knew the context there would be mercy.