Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
"Oh, those comics are sold in BOOKSTORES! Unlike Marvel comics... Oh wait."
It appears you're trying to insult me by taking the tactic of my little sister when we were around 5-6, in that she'd use an odd voice to mock what I was saying and often say things I didn't to make me appear to be silly (or in your case misinformed/mistaken). While this was annoying (and more so now, since we're adults on a message board and my comments are quite clear, as you quoted them). it doesn't change the facts. Marvel/Disney and DC/Time Warner should be pushing their product into more markets and especially the younger crowd (especially considering how hard it is to get adults into superheroes without previous exposure). I've said this multiple times in the thread. I've also said they do a bit of this, but they could do a much better job.

It will be hard to compete with the publishers who have over half of the NYT Best Sellers Graphic Novels list, considering their reach and track record with children's books, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try. And it has no bearing whatsoever on the quality of the product. You previously missed my point on comparing sales figures and their relevance to quality, and now you seem to be missing my entire argument but with the tone of your posts I can't tell exactly how. It's mocking and insulting and disingenuous (I never said anywhere that Marvel didn't sell their products in bookstores, only that my particular school book store didn't sell single issues of comics and that I'd have liked that option), but doesn't make much of a point. Again, unless you're creating a straw man argument to argue against since you quite clearly aren't addressing my points. In which case, congrats. You gave that imaginary poster a zinger.