Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Wonder Woman's Sex Life

As far as DC, I'm pretty sure neither Superman or Wonder Woman were ever shown as having sex until Superman got married, and Wonder Woman continued to not be so portrayed. Then, when Phil Jimenez was writing her series (during which she had also gone without a serious love interest for over a decade) he introduced the love interest Trevor Barnes, and raised this big stink about how he was going to be the first to show Wonder Woman as having sex, presumably just by showing the two naked in bed together. However, looking up all of this info in news archives, it's all about how he SAID he was going to do it. There's nothing about it actually happening, so it seems like it never really did.

Then, when Greg Rucka was writing her series, he stated that he was going to introduce the idea that Diana had had relations with her fellow Amazons on Paradise Island. Which seems weird since she was the only child on an island full of grown-ups and they all watched her grow up.

Then, after the 2011 reboot, they showed Superman and Wonder Woman knocking boots with hats off.

So I guess my question is, did Jimenez and Rucka follow through on these? I can't find anything concerning Trevor Barnes? Besides Superman and Steve Trevor, is Wondy shown taking any lovers?

The closest I think Jimenez got was Diana and Barnes were interrupted making out on the couch with some of their clothes off.

Rucka had Io have one-sided attraction on Diana but other than that I don't think he was interested in giving Diana a romantic life in his first run (or DC wasn't interested in letting him).

Scenes and dialogue in his second run had it Diana apparently slept around quite a bit with other Amazons on the island pre-Sreve. His second run also ended with her and Steve post-coitus.

Incredible Member

Interesting. That second run is post-New-52, right? Can you tell me what specific issues those shots came from?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Interesting. That second run is post-New-52, right? Can you tell me what specific issues those shots came from?
    Yeah, during Rebirth. First scan is from #2 and other one is from #25.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Also, the way it work now, there are different factions of Themysciran Amazons, such as the ones worshipping Hecate, and there some separation between the royalty, the teachers, the soldiers, and the shamans. Most of Diana's flashback now has her taught by her mother, teacher and lieutenants, mainly in the palace excepting the scenes where she's exploring the island.

The impression is that she's no longer "raised by thousands of mothers", just the immediate circle, and so the implication is outside of that, a lot of Amazons don't really know Diana.

In Year One, Diana's studying with Amazons that seems to be her age (the equivalent of 18) including the aforementioned Kaysia. Recently it's revealed that Amazons are not all reincarnated at once. So some can be reborn near or around the time Diana was born and seems to appear as young as they were when they first died.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-10-2021 at 05:14 PM.

I don't really think it's that weird for Diana do be with other Amazon's since there are thousands of them, that's like saying you personally know everyone who lives in your town (if you have a town with a population of 5,000+).

There are easily thousands of Amazon's Diana didn't meet until she was older.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I would think children might also be reborn on paradise island if they dead by men too? Or just women ?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I don't really think it's that weird for Diana do be with other Amazon's since there are thousands of them, that's like saying you personally know everyone who lives in your town (if you have a town with a population of 5,000+).

But Diana did have a communal up bringing which is different.

I always did find it a little weird that she had relations with Amazons who may have seen her as a child.

But that's a moot point now, since 'Nubia and the Amazons' established that the 'Well of Souls' can burp out Amazons even centuries after Hippolyta, my head canon now is that the Amazons she had relationships with were the ones that came out after she grew up.

Incredible Member

I'm trying to find that panel of WW and Trevor Barnes with clothes off, but its eluding me.

I'm trying to find that panel of WW and Trevor Barnes with clothes off, but its eluding me.
    because that panel does not exist

Screenshot_20211112-223436_Perfect Viewer.jpg

This is the infamous panel

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    because that panel does not exist

Screenshot_20211112-223436_Perfect Viewer.jpg

This is the infamous panel
    So I guess Jimenez didn't get his wish after all.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

But, we usually frown up big age gaps in real life. So, Diana presumably getting it on with Amazons who are (whenever the story came out) centuries older than her is really off putting.

So I guess Jimenez didn't get his wish after all.
    If I remember correctly, the readers hated Trevor Barnes, I don't know if it was because of the color of his skin or what.
    I also vaguely remember that they decide to kill him under Simonson's run, whether at the request of Rucka or the editors or DC directors.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I don't know about post-Crisis Wonder Woman, but bronze age Wonder Woman was active, far as I know. In Wonder Woman (1942) #300, Steve Trevor asks Diana if she still got around. Clearly jealous of Diana being sexually active. No idea if this was some throwaway line the writer did.
    In a World's Finest issue, Diana attempted to hook up with Superman. Again, probably another throwaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    If I remember correctly, the readers hated Trevor Barnes, I don't know if it was because of the color of his skin or what.
    I also vaguely remember that they decide to kill him under Simonson's run, whether at the request of Rucka or the editors or DC directors.
    Simonson did it on his own initiative as he knew Rucka didn't have any plans for him and wanted to give the character something of a sendoff.

https://www.comicbookherald.com/wond...les-and-falls/

I didn’t have any chats with Greg–never have as far as I know–but I did know, going into my story arc, that Greg was not going to be using Trevor. The character simply wasn’t going to be around after WW #194 one way or another. Neither Greg nor anyone else asked me to see to the character’s death.

But I think most good stories are about sex, death, and betrayal. 😉 And by the time I was done, I’d gotten to work all those things into my Wonder Woman story. Having Trevor die wasn’t done simply to add ‘punch to my ending’; it was an essential part of the story from the beginning, foreshadowed by Trevor’s relating the Aesop’s fable.

However, knowing that Greg wasn’t going to be using the character suggested story possibilities that otherwise wouldn’t have been available.