Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Invincible Member

I still think Marvel is missing out by not doing a "Gossip Girl-The OC-Riverdale" CW style live-action Millie the Model show.

I've been saying this for years id love to see a FF film but made in the style of The Brady Bunch Movie where Reed. Sue, Johnny & Ben have 60's sensibilities but are reacting to current day issues, etc

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
    I've been saying this for years id love to see a FF film but made in the style of The Brady Bunch Movie where Reed. Sue, Johnny & Ben have 60's sensibilities but are reacting to current day issues, etc

Thats sort of an interesting take. So they actually take a 1960s team and get transported through time, and they get their powers in the same event. Thats actually brilliant.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Who is the second? First is Aquaman I assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm going to guess Black Adam? Pointy-eared, anti-hero jerk that's also a monarch?
    Yep, the current incarnation of Black Adam draws alot from Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Great point is this some type of rights issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Universal has release rights like the hulk solo films. So no movie.
    I don't think that's been the case for a while now.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-explains-...ersal-studios/

I'm pretty sure the rights situation is similar to Hulk, as both Namor and the Hulk rights were sold to Universal at the same time, I believe. However, just like the Hulk, the rights appear to have reverted back to Marvel, since Universal didn't get a Namor movie out of development, despite having both Chris Columbus and Jonathan Mostow attempting to do so. There's been tons of opportunities to use Namor, like in the first Cap movie or Agent Carter, or Doctor Strange or a TV show, since TV doesn't seem to apply to whatever "complications" Feige said existed, since we are getting a She-Hulk series. But Feige and Marvel just don't appear to be interested.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Nope universal still has hulk. Marvel can make a hulk movie anytime but universal would get distribute rights and marvel would have to share profits and disney says forget that. Universal has a say in if a movie gets made also.

Namor i guess is the same but not sure on that. Marvel can make a film but don't want to share money. Not sure on that one.

Funny thing is that's what they are doing with spider-man.

David Maisel, a former Marvel Studios executive who played a key role in getting the MCU up and going, subsequently proposed that Marvel Studios make the next Hulk film and pay Universal to distribute it, which resulted in 2008's The Incredible Hulk. This also ensured that Marvel Studios could use Hulk in "future multicharacter films," beginning with The Avengers in 2012 and continuing on to Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Thor: Ragnarok (2017), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019). At the same time, Universal retains "the right of first refusal to distribute any future solo Hulk movies," which accounts for the lack of a second Hulk solo movie in the MCU.

The problem with Namor is that DC did beat Marvel to that. Cinematic audiences have already seen a superhero king of an underwater kingdom, and it's him. Any Namor film would be rejected as Marvel trying to copy DC. It's right, Namor was created first, but for cinematic audiences that's just worthless trivia.

You know it's sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    The problem with Namor is that DC did beat Marvel to that. Cinematic audiences have already seen a superhero king of an underwater kingdom, and it's him. Any Namor film would be rejected as Marvel trying to copy DC. It's right, Namor was created first, but for cinematic audiences that's just worthless trivia.

You know it's sad but true.
    And Marvel got TWO speedsters AND an archer in the movies first, and people were fine with both Flash and Green Arrow. The problem is not so much that Aquaman got to the movies first, but that they stole character stuff that is integral to Namor AND cast an actor that looks more like Namor than Aquaman. And I'm pretty sure they are going to borrow heavily from Namor's attitude and relationship with the surface world for Black Adam.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Nope universal still has hulk. Marvel can make a hulk movie anytime but universal would get distribute rights and marvel would have to share profits and disney says forget that. Universal has a say in if a movie gets made also.

Namor i guess is the same but not sure on that. Marvel can make a film but don't want to share money. Not sure on that one.

Funny thing is that's what they are doing with spider-man.

Yes, I linked that article in my post. And it clearly says, Marvel, NOT Universal, has the Hulk.

However, this only happened after Universal failed to get a sequel to Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk movie in active development by the contracted date (at which point the rights would revert to Marvel).
    The only thing Universal has, according to this article, "the right of first refusal to distribute any future solo Hulk movies." It also said that Feige was considering a solo Hulk movie with Ruffalo, but they decided to incorporate the plot into other movies.

Also, both Feige and Quesada have outright said, Marvel owns the rights to Namor. Where did it say that Universal gets a say in IF a Hulk movie is made?

Marvel could do a Namor TV show with no / little wrangling, like the She-Hulk, but instead they chose to do other characters, who don't have the history, the popularity, the connections, or have even had a freaking comic of their own. Yeah, I'm not extremely annoyed by that at all. But that's why I said, Marvel and Feige don't care about Namor.

Yes, Marvel and Feige are negotiating, co-operating and sharing profits with Sony over Spider-Man -- who is a much bigger property than Namor. Ditto the Hulk. It's understandable why Marvel would work on getting those two characters, over Namor. But it also shows, IF they wanted to, they COULD use Namor.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Oh god no. It would be treated as a damn joke. For a book all about the future and science I will never understand why some fans always want to tie them to the 60's just because that is when they were created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Oh god no. It would be treated as a damn joke. For a book all about the future and science I will never understand why some fans always want to tie them to the 60's just because that is when they were created.

I like the idea. However I can see how many wouldn't.

Invincible Member

Alan Moore was supposed to do comic like this but it didn't come out. Back in the 90's he did a few comics under the umbrella of "1963". They were tributes to silver-age Marvel comics complete with fake ads and editorials. The last one was going to be the 60's heroes come to the then modern age and are shocked at how grim n gritty everything was. I can't remember the details of why it didn't happen, it might have been something with Jim Lee's schedule...

Incredible Member

Namor. Alpha Flight.

BANNED

I'd like to see the content of first 18 issues of the New Warriors adapted.

I want a Runaways Reboot, it's not fair and also yes to pretty much all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post
    Ultimates movie or series, would love to see Blue Marvel & Monica as leads.

Shang-chi leads to Agents of Atlas. With characters like Aero,LunaSnow & Wave.

Thunderbolts with Moonstone. Hope Dr.Karla Sofen shows up as minor villain in The Marvels.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

I'd prefer to see the Ultimates as variants of the Avengers brought together from different parts of the multiverse.