All-New Member

Default Must watch Netflix series

can you name some of the best Netflix series of year 20/21?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I liked Shadow & Bone, and the latest seasons of Hilda and Disenchantment.

Squid Game
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Queen's Gambit: Fantastically watchable miniseries that was a big hit during lockdown. Everything works, and Anya Taylor-Joy shines in the lead.

Shadows & Bone: imo the best of several young-adult fantasy shows Netflix debuted between 2020-2021. There are bits early on where I think it feels awkward, but the cast have great chemistry, and young Jessie Mei Li is just so likeable as the central protagonist.

Bridgerton: Surprise hit that I've seen described as Gossip Girl meets Downton Abbey, this has turned Regé-Jean Page from a virtual unknown to a star overnight.

Squid Game: There are lots of great K-dramas available on Netflix, but this one became THE must-watch show of the moment, maybe because it's short enough and compelling enough to binge in a single sitting. If you like it, check out the similar Alice in Borderland.

Astonishing Member

Squid Game

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Midnight Mass...I love gothic horror.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”