Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    May Jean not get defeated by a power cord again on the revival
    That and Storm meeting someone at the monorail. Those are really the only two things that have held up and still work.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Please don't be 3D...
    It's not lol. You get to see a sneak peek of the characters in the Marvel Studios 2021 thingy on Disney+ and they are slightly tweaked versions of the original avatars.

They still hate Jean's iconic ponytail I see.

ETA: Found a clear shot.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-12-2021 at 10:58 AM.

All-New Member

Disappointing that they aren’t doing something new; I wasn’t a fan of the original (particularly the costumes from the era and dialogue); hopefully this isn’t the only X-Men cartoon on the docket for D+. Would love to see some more faithful adaptations to classic and modern stories, a more varied cast, and less focus on the 90s.

Interesting this is happening now. Guess it's like a stopgap to exploit the X-Men brand without being confused for part of the MCU reboot.

I'm guessing the story will see the X-Men dealing with the aftermath of the Blur/Oasis War.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 11-12-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Interesting this is happening now. Guess it's like a stopgap to exploit the X-Men brand without being confused for part of the MCU reboot.
    Rumors have it something similar is planned for the movies next year too. *cough* Multiverse of Madness *cough*

Anyways, I think it's a good idea to bring them back in animation and try to regain some of the peak IP popularity from the 90's to set the stage for the MCU movies, similar to how the original show paved the way for the Fox films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Same here. I care less about the upcomming movies and more about new cartoons, because i feel that's where new fans can be get for the franchise and where the best comic stories can be realized without cutting them down too much. So ANY new cartoon is good news to me.

Though i personaly have little nostalgia for TAS, since it was Evolution which i first managed to see in it's entirely.
    Cartoons are a great way of getting new fans while also making money, and help build yo the fam base for great movies.

It’s an excellent idea.

Alot of ppl calling it nostalgia grab and it is.....that said they wanna go from when X-Men was at its peak popularity alot of what came after is probably more mixed in reception especially the house of M and decimation eras up thru AvX and up till IvX at time when marvel wasn't giving the X side of things a fair shake....I'm curious how they will do it I was glad to hear some original ppl from the series are involved that gives me some hope although with Disney im wait and see...alot of the marvel animation in recent years has not been good at all.