Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I hope it's not an exact remake I feel this is a chance to spice up the cast.

Amazing Member

if Morph is in this, then I am aboard the hype train!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm assuming this will have different writers and not have the same plot issues as What If did. Especially since it won't have to tie-in to the MCU.
    I find the idea of Marvel Studios doing a non-MCU project to be pretty unlikely, which is why I’m rather dubious of this report. Of course, I’m fully willing to eat my words and admit I was wrong should this somehow get confirmed. That being said, I don’t find Marvel Studios to be this bastion of quality like everyone makes them out to be and I find their quality output more inconsistent than most people do. Though if this report does turn out to be true, and this is indeed the first Marvel Studios production that doesn’t take place in the MCU then that could prove quite interesting to see what Marvel Studios can do when they don’t have a project that doesn’t tie into the larger universe.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-11-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I’m excited for this. It seemed a given since the updates of the XMTAS costumes have been flowing around for a while already.

They have a lot of stores to pull from since the old cartoon stopped: morrison’s, astonishing, house of M, remender’s Uncanny X-force, utopia, and the current Krakoa era could give for good arcs.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Also hope it avoids this shit of making universes inter connected leading to pointless crossovers, while I don't mind universe being shared, each setting needs to have its own world to be interesting, and X-Men definitely has more than enough nonsense to not need anyone else's nonsense.
    The last Marvel shared animated universe has got to be the biggest hot mess of a shared universe I have ever seen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Marvel Animation has been disappointing since EMH ended.

Pass.
    What's relevant is gaining new, young fans and bringing the franchise back into the forefront of pop culture.

Some perspective people, please. It's not all about you.
    Last edited by OmegaStorm87; 11-11-2021 at 01:59 PM.

I would prefer a new X-Men cartoon rather than reviving the 90's show, but if the quality is on par with modern cartoons I won't say no to any X-Men cartoon.
    Same. If they just HAD to revive an old X-Men cartoon, my vote would have gone to Evolution. Probably an unpopular opinion but I always found that show to be LEAGUES better than the beloved 90s cartoon (and, hands down, one of my favorite versions of Rogue)

But since we'll likely never get that fifth season they wanted to do, then yeah. I'd rather we just get a brand new show. A show based on the current era would be pretty fun. Even if means dealing with Charles at his most unlikable.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-11-2021 at 02:06 PM.

The last Marvel shared animated universe has got to be the biggest hot mess of a shared universe I have ever seen.
    Yeah, heard horror stories about those.

Didn't check them out 'cause they looked meh, but I've seen enough comics to see how annoying crossovers can get lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    But since we'll likely never get that fifth season they wanted to do, then yeah. I'd rather we just get a brand new show. A show based on the current era would be pretty fun. Even if means dealing with Charles at his most unlikable.
    They don't have to make Xavier unlikable if they're adapting Krakoa stuff, X-Men adaptations generally make him a lot nicer, to the point he generally is the nicest character of all.

Starting with an established X-Men universe would make it easier to do Krakoa compared to, say, just starting off with it immediately.

Starting with an established X-Men universe would make it easier to do Krakoa compared to, say, just starting off with it immediately.
    Yeah, starting with Krakoa immediately would be a headache, it's the kind of setting that characters have to eventually reach into it in a world that exists for a while.

Of course, it could be just a location where some mutants are, but not the vast majority, but at this point it might as well be a Genosha the X-Men live in...

I'm a huge 90s X-Men:TAS fan so I would be ecstatic if they revived it. Obviously, to some that would be a tired idea, but I still think it would be amazing to use that series as a backbone since it was so close to canon. It could just start with a mini-arc within that universe and then move into it's own thing. Just the cast alone is so far superior to any X-Men voice cast they've ever been able to assemble. (RIP to Norm Spencer (Cyclops) and David Hemblen (Magneto)!)

I always thought a good place to revive the 90s cartoon would be with Operation: Zero Tolerance. The core X-Men were abducted and separated so you could have the main cast re-introduced but then make room for characters like Iceman and Cecilia and even Karima/Omega Sentinel to add some diversity and freshness to the cast. It would go straight into those kinds of Sentinel stories but more modernized. Perfect segue into ORCHIS as well!

I hated Wolverine and the X-Men with a passion, so I hope that one stays dead. Didn't like the generic animation and lackluster action at all.

Astonishing Member

To tell you the truth, I’m more interested in getting a good X-Men cartoon than I am getting another live action movie.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 11-11-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I hated Wolverine and the X-Men with a passion, so I hope that one stays dead. Didn't like the generic animation and lackluster action at all.
    I had a fondness for WaTXM and there was a lot I liked (at least from a conceptual standpoint) but some of the execution, and definitely the action scenes, left a little to be desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    To tell you to be truth, I’m more interested in getting a good X-Men cartoon than I do another live action movie.
    Same. I want more good Marvel cartoons and less MCU tie-ins.

I had a fondness for WaTXM and there was a lot I liked (at least from a conceptual standpoint) but some of the execution, and definitely the action scenes, left a little to be desired.
    I liked Emma and her kind of mid-Atlantic accent. I thought that was spot on. I liked some of the designs and the AoA glimpses were good. But it just had that style and vibe of mediocre kids cartoons... it was everything X-Men:TAS tried so hard not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    To tell you to be truth, I’m more interested in getting a good X-Men cartoon than I do another live action movie.
    same. sometimes i watch live action stuff with recognizable actors and i'm just like...embarrassed(?)...for them and for me.

if they wanted to capitalize on the resurgence of 90s era nostalgia, they should have done this like - yesterday. not 2023. seriously, people. i'd like to see x-men back in a place of pop-culture prominence again sometime before i sign up for my AARP card.

my hope is for same xtas cast. iconic. but does not stand up to a re-watch. cringe-y. xmen evo was a great show, but save the teen drama angle for an xmen spinoff starring the new mutants.