Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He is pretty despicable all-around, and it's not just mutants he hates, it's pretty much everyone and anyone with powers that he wants to control, or flat-out eliminate if he can't control them. Of course, he does fixate on mutants since mutants are the ones with the increasing potential to become the predominant population of Earth, but he's got no love lost for anyone with superpowers, as shown by his past interactions with the likes of the Avengers and more recently with the Hulk, carrying over from Ewing's Immortal Hulk. Honestly, what he did in Avengers: The Initiative's first 12-13 issues with creating the Shadow Initiative and all the underhandedness he got up to there should have been the end of him in any official position in the U.S. government, but alas . . .
    Ah but he is great for world building, specifically making the 616 universe seem more real and relatable. Gyrich should have seen the end of his career many times over the shadiness. But it is also very realistic in that many politicians in the real world should no longer have a career do to underhandyness, but they still do. In that way it makes the world much more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would forever be devoted to Ewing if he kills off Gyrich. I've vehemently hated that character from the very first time he showed up in the X-Men comic book.
    Absolutely not.

If you hate the character, good, it just means he does what he's supposed to do.

If they kill him off, someone would just (have to) introduce another character to fill the same role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I am so looking forward to this issue and this looks good. Wednesdays just haven't been as exciting with all these delays and stuff.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They already let the Royal Guard got slaughtered, so its kind of late to the party with that kind of talk, Storm. This should already be a horrendous political mess for them.
    Storm talking and not making sense is intentional at this point 🤭

Oh good gawds, YES. Ewing's handling of Storm is SO GOOD. They way she addresses the situation and her word choice is so so great. She is magnanimously reaffirming the intent of the Diplomatic Ring, and doing so beautifully (Ewing crafts things so well to both remind readers of these details and also appeal to Storm's penchant for speechifying) and then immediately pivots into punishment because THE HELL IF YOU THINK YOU GONNA **** AROUND IN STORM'S HOUSE AND NOT FIND OUT!

Ooh and FRENZY! You know her adrenaline's been rising since the moment these fools started acting up and she is READY to discipline. AND delivering quips?? About her job?? OMG Amazing.

Lastly, "During an Unseasonal Cold Snap" got a chuckle out of me. Ewing is so cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    They already let the Royal Guard got slaughtered, so its kind of late to the party with that kind of talk, Storm. This should already be a horrendous political mess for them.
    Its not actually. Her speech? She's shaming them. She's informing them there WAS an correct way of addressing whatever brought them to Arakko, but they chose egregiously wrong and as such must now receive a walloping.
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-12-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp.

No "political mess", there. As the LL were not invited guests. They crashed the meeting as assassins on Gyrich's orders to do exactly what they did.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh good gawds, YES. Ewing's handling of Storm is SO GOOD. They way she addresses the situation and her word choice is so so great. She is magnanimously reaffirming the intent of the Diplomatic Ring, and doing so beautifully (Ewing crafts things so well to both remind readers of these details and also appeal to Storm's penchant for speechifying) and then immediately pivots into punishment because THE HELL IF YOU THINK YOU GONNA **** AROUND IN STORM'S HOUSE AND NOT FIND OUT!

Ooh and FRENZY! You know her adrenaline's been rising since the moment these fools started acting up and she is READY to discipline. AND delivering quips?? About her job?? OMG Amazing.

Lastly, "During an Unseasonal Cold Snap" got a chuckle out of me. Ewing is so cheeky.

Its not actually. Her speech? She's shaming them. She's informing them there WAS an correct way of addressing whatever brought them to Arakko, but they chose egregiously wrong and as such must now receive a walloping.
    I completely agree with everything you said I'm so sad this book attending because storm is been written very well by Ewing and I hope that continues in the next book.

I definitely get the vibe that Ewing knew that SWORD what's going to be ending soon so he decided to devote this time to building up Storms character /role as Regent which totally makes sense if the rumors about the next book are true.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I think I'm in the very few here who wants to see more Arakki in combat lol. They have mutants hardened by a perpetual war maybe they'll come in handy?
    I agree. I'd love to see some of the Arakki jump in and help trounce the LL. Storm has been earning their respect so to see them rally behind her would be awesome.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I think I'm in the very few here who wants to see more Arakki in combat lol. They have mutants hardened by a perpetual war maybe they'll come in handy?
    I'm right there with you. As much as I enjoy seeing Storm being a badass (as she has a lot of time to make up for), I would like to see this warrior army she's leading in action.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Storm talking and not making sense is intentional at this point ��
    Ironic that this post doesn't make any sense considering what was said by Storm on page.

Unless of course you didn't read it?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this preview looks fabulous!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree. I'd love to see some of the Arakki jump in and help trounce the LL. Storm has been earning their respect so to see them rally behind her would be awesome.
    Same here, Sibling.
    It's about time the Arakkii throw hands and prove why they have an entire planet named after them.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Talking

[/QUOTE]

Ahahah #FrenzyIsMyNewBestie

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same here, Sibling.
    It's about time the Arakkii throw hands and prove why they have an entire planet named after them.
    Right. And I think its coming. Orchis has a lot of data on the mutants they are accustomed too, but this where I think the Arakki mutants can get some time in the sun in a meaningful way. Like after Storm and the SWORD cast are firmly established into the new fabric of this era and stories start to build around planet Arakko I really want to see Orchis, Nimrod, Karima, Guardian etc vs Arrakoan omegas and their top warriors. Like what answer would they have for beings like Tarn/the Locus Vile or Isca (without her flipping sides lol), let alone a million war hungry mutants with zero interest in coexistence with humanity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Ironic that this post doesn't make any sense considering what was said by Storm on page.

Unless of course you didn't read it?
    I did, mine was a reply to a train of thought ..context is key