Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I did, mine was a reply to a train of thought ..context is key
    So it was a pointless reply taking a dig at Storm? Okay.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Don't feed the animals.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Ah but he is great for world building, specifically making the 616 universe seem more real and relatable. Gyrich should have seen the end of his career many times over the shadiness. But it is also very realistic in that many politicians in the real world should no longer have a career do to underhandyness, but they still do. In that way it makes the world much more realistic.
    Fair point there. As much as I despise him for the crap he's pulled and been pulling, it does work to make the MU somewhat more realistic insofar as him never seeing real consequences for his actions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its not actually. Her speech? She's shaming them. She's informing them there WAS an correct way of addressing whatever brought them to Arakko, but they chose egregiously wrong and as such must now receive a walloping.
    I meant in the sense that having the royal guards of one of your diplomatic guests slaughtered while visiting you is in itself a major political failure. That's not something you just shame people over. That's a sign of total failure in a security sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair point there. As much as I despise him for the crap he's pulled and been pulling, it does work to make the MU somewhat more realistic insofar as him never seeing real consequences for his actions.
    Yeah, I kind of agree. You need dudes like him around to create conflicts and act as villains. Otherwise you have to build up a generic government scumbag for every story like that you want to tell. They have a problem with that already with all the different flavors of anti mutant groups.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I completely agree with everything you said I'm so sad this book attending because storm is been written very well by Ewing and I hope that continues in the next book.

I definitely get the vibe that Ewing knew that SWORD what's going to be ending soon so he decided to devote this time to building up Storms character /role as Regent which totally makes sense if the rumors about the next book are true.
    Wait next book really?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Yeah, I kind of agree. You need dudes like him around to create conflicts and act as villains. Otherwise you have to build up a generic government scumbag for every story like that you want to tell. They have a problem with that already with all the different flavors of anti mutant groups.
    And it does help, to an extent, to have one recurring, well-known representative of the anti-mutant contingent within the government and/or military, since like in real life, that this one guy keeps getting official positions and authority can be a signal that he's got support in even higher places and from higher authorities inside the government and military, making the point of anti-mutant bigotry as a more societally and institutionally pervasive issue as opposed to a bunch of one-off jerks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It's not a dig, She says 'justice is something dear to me so is hospitality' but doesn't walk the talk when caught stealing a significant cultural and royal artefact in Wakanda after being made very welcome by royalty no less.If I'm the only one seeing hypocrisy here, that's fine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It's not a dig, She says 'justice is something dear to me so is hospitality' but doesn't walk the talk when caught stealing a significant cultural and royal artefact in Wakanda after being made very welcome by royalty no less.If I'm the only one seeing hypocrisy here, that's fine.
    Come on now. Wasn't nobody here born yesterday. Justice and hospitality are very important to Storm based on Decades of history with the character Storm it's also a thief which is literally also based off of decades of history with the character. You comparing Storm breaking into an unmanned facility to steal a sword in order to save Humanity from a demonic invasion to a bunch of deadly assassins/childkillers invading a planet in order to kill diplomatic officials and monarchs is you being disingenuous at best for some weird GATCHA moment.

I've noticed these types of petty jabs becoming more and more frequent as Storm gets more Spotlight in this book then she literally had any in years. Certain fans lost their minds when Storm was named Queen of Sol and again when she laid a verbal smackdown on Doom and AGAIN when she defeated Tarn.

Astonishing Member

Come on now. Wasn't nobody here born yesterday. Justice and hospitality are very important to Storm based on Decades of history with the character Storm it's also a thief which is literally also based off of decades of history with the character. You comparing Storm breaking into an unmanned facility to steal a sword in order to save Humanity from a demonic invasion to a bunch of deadly assassins/childkillers invading a planet in order to kill diplomatic officials and monarchs is you being disingenuous at best for some weird GATCHA moment.

I've noticed these types of petty jabs becoming more and more frequent as Storm gets more Spotlight in this book then she literally had any in years. Certain fans lost their minds when Storm was named Queen of Sol and again when she laid a verbal smackdown on Doom and AGAIN when she defeated Tarn.
    She may have started out as a thief, but that was never meant to be a recurring trait like it is for Gambit. To say it's perfectly normal for her to discredit her station as a Krakoa envoy, and former royalty (even queen consort) just because of a force of habit is disingenuous as well, in fact it exacerbates the problem. I am not going to belabour all the points about Storm's reckless and unwarranted haste but it doesn't change the fact one bit. It is hypocritical. It is the writers who overlook the double standard I don't know why I should feel 'wrong' for pointing it out.
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-13-2021 at 12:26 AM.

Incredible Member

there were actually guards there and she beat one of them up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    there were actually guards there and she beat one of them up.
    I even forgot about that detail, nice catch.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    This book is so different from where it started, it may have the same name but it doesn't feel like the same book. It appeared like the overall premise of the book was going one way then did a complete 180. I wonder why Ewing went this route and flipped the script.
    I'm guessing editorial. S.W.O.R.D. has gone from "I don't work for Krakoa, I speak for SOL!" to "I work for Arakko."

With the entire galaxy to play with, and a decently-sized cast to pull from, the increased focus on Storm is a bit annoying. Ever since the Gala, it feels like the book has lost its way.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I think I'm in the very few here who wants to see more Arakki in combat lol. They have mutants hardened by a perpetual war maybe they'll come in handy?
    I'd love to see a book about Arakko. Assuming it doesn't get turned into a showcase for Colossus for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm guessing editorial. S.W.O.R.D. has gone from "I don't work for Krakoa, I speak for SOL!" to "I work for Arakko."

With the entire galaxy to play with, and a decently-sized cast to pull from, the increased focus on Storm is a bit annoying. Ever since the Gala, it feels like the book has lost its way.
    What’s the difference? Mutants claimed Arakko as the capital of Sol. The space book about intergalactic commerce and politic should have some focus on the president of that new setting.