Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    If Spider-Man 4-6 are about Peter's college years, then he'll be in his early 20s by the end of movie 6.

If movie 7 has Miles in his early 20s, then that's not a differentiation from Spider-Man's age in the previous movie. And there aren't any comics to adapt for an adult Miles Morales anyway, he's a teenage character.

If they wanted to use age to differentiate the two, then they could be faithful to the comics by having Miles become Spider-Man at age 13. I don't think that's likely though, I think they'd probably hire an 18+ year old actor to play a 16 year old Miles.
    Well, I guess they could use Life Story for influence...

I'm not saying they would go that direction, but they made MCU Peter derivative enough of Miles as it is and I don't think they'd want to do another set of movies of Spider-Man in high school unless Miles only showed up in team-up films.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For Miles? He appears in one issue, with his body temporarily taken over by Doctor Octopus. We don't see anything of his life. There's nothing there to adapt.

Astonishing Member

I'm not saying they would go that direction, but they made MCU Peter derivative enough of Miles as it is and I don't think they'd want to do another set of movies of Spider-Man in high school unless Miles only showed up in team-up films.
    Isn't the whole premise of this thread that Marvel wants a teenage high-school Spider-Man? This is their way to get one without having to reboot Peter.

Of course, even with their propensity for long-term planning, I doubt they've thought that far ahead with the Spider-Man franchise. At the current pace of Spider-Man movies (which is a pretty consistent 2 years), this ''College Trilogy'', if it happens, will end by 2027, meaning that if the plan is to introduce Miles to the MCU after that, it'll happen by 2029 by the earliest! God alone knows what the state of the MCU or the ownership of the Spider-Man film rights will be by then. I mean, back in 2013, did we ever imagine that Iron Man would be dead and Spider-Man would be completing a trilogy within the MCU?

I suppose Sony's plans with the Spider-Verse movies will also be a factor here that might delay Miles' on-screen introduction.

But I don't think Miles being too much like MCU Peter (or rather, the other way round) affects his chances of showing up in the MCU at some point. Hopefully, by the time they're in a position to introduce Miles, Peter Parker will have evolved into someone a lot closer to his older 616 counterpart. Or, at any rate, he'll just be older while Miles is a high-schooler.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Isn't the whole premise of this thread that Marvel wants a teenage high-school Spider-Man? This is their way to get one without having to reboot Peter.

Of course, even with their propensity for long-term planning, I doubt they've thought that far ahead with the Spider-Man franchise. At the current pace of Spider-Man movies (which is a pretty consistent 2 years), this ''College Trilogy'', if it happens, will end by 2027, meaning that if the plan is to introduce Miles to the MCU after that, it'll happen by 2029 by the earliest! God alone knows what the state of the MCU or the ownership of the Spider-Man film rights will be by then. I mean, back in 2013, did we ever imagine that Iron Man would be dead and Spider-Man would be completing a trilogy within the MCU?

I suppose Sony's plans with the Spider-Verse movies will also be a factor here that might delay Miles' on-screen introduction.

But I don't think Miles being too much like MCU Peter (or rather, the other way round) affects his chances of showing up in the MCU at some point. Hopefully, by the time they're in a position to introduce Miles, Peter Parker will have evolved into someone a lot closer to his older 616 counterpart. Or, at any rate, he'll just be older while Miles is a high-schooler.
    Miles works best in his own universe. He should return to the Ultimate Universe(along with Spider-Gwen) and work alongside Ultimate Peter Parker, whose now retired. The UU should not have closed down. Marvel ruined UU in the worst possible way by killing everybody off.

The obsession with having Peter as a HS student is just plain dumb. Why doesn't Marvel just put Ayna(Spider-Girl) in high school and have Peter Parker, Jessica Drew, and The Black Widow as her mentors respectively. No need to keep Miles in Marvel-616.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Ever since around the Ultimate cartoon and MCU, in all the new timelines/adaptions that come out, Spidey is one of the “new heroes”, when in 616 his origin takes place before Iron Man’s, before the Avengers were formed, etc. Peter might be the Marvel universes’ most experienced hero period, but that’s never translated into any mode adaptations (beside maybe ITSV and SMPS4). Taking into account how many issues he has compared to any other Marvel hero, 616 Peter rightfully is the Marvel hero with the most experience under his belt, and other than a few other heroes such as the Fantastic Four and the Golden Age heroes, he started before almost all of them.

Just a little pet peeve I have about how Peter is being treated in modern adaptations, the Avengers game new info is what made me write this. If anyone can put what I’m saying into better words, let me know what you think, sometimes I have trouble getting out what I’m trying to say lol.
    In regards to the MCU/previous movies.
    I don’t mind Peter being a “new hero”, i minded the Garfield reboot rehashing his origin for its first movie, when that was already done in the 2002 Maguire version.

Plus, Spider-man has one of the most iconic origins ever (right up there w. Batman and Superman), in that pretty much everyone to include non comics fans have been exposed to it at some point or another.

The best thing the MCU did was give it’s fans a little credit and just dive right into the character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I don’t mind Peter being a “new hero”, i minded the Garfield reboot rehashing his origin for its first movie, when that was already done in the 2002 Maguire version.

Plus, Spider-man has one of the most iconic origins ever (right up there w. Batman and Superman), in that pretty much everyone to include non comics fans have been exposed to it at some point or another.

The best thing the MCU did was give it’s fans a little credit and just dive right into the character.
    I’d say the MCU went too far in the opposite direction when it comes to Ben Parker. It can outright be argued that he didn’t exist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

I was honestly okay with the Garfield movie doing it...it is a reboot, and the first such reboot on the big-screen. Plus, they wanted to throw in the new angle of Peter's father being involved in the genetics program that created the spider, and to do that, they needed to touch on the traditional origin as well. Besides, I think they made things just about different enough for it to still feel fresh, though I realize that's a minority opinion.

I agree that the MCU made the right decision to not do the origin again because it had been a mere 5 years since the last version we saw on-screen (as opposed to the 10 year gap between Raimi's first film and TASM) and we'd already seen it before twice in the last 15 years. But I sometimes wonder if the cost of not 'rehashing' the origin has been the prioritization of the larger MCU/Avengers mythology over that of Spider-Man's in these films. I mean, most people know that Peter became Spider-Man because he failed to stop the burglar who later killed Uncle Ben etc. etc. But if you take the MCU movies alone, Spider-Man's story in this 'verse really begins with Tony Stark recruiting him, and it's Peter's connections to Tony Stark, and later the other Avengers, that seems to define this incarnation of the character to a large extent. This is something that I hope NWM fixes by at least bringing up Uncle Ben once (they don't even need to show a flashback...exposition will do).

People like to complain about this kind of stuff getting repetitive. On the DC end it's ''How many times do we need to see the Waynes getting murdered?''. But the hard fact is that the Waynes getting murdered is kinda foundational to the character, and if you're introducing a brand-new version you need to touch upon it at least once. Now imagine we get a rebooted Batman movie where we don't get any mention of the Wayne murders being Bruce's motivation to become Batman. But the first movie starts with, I dunno, Batman being mentored by Superman, with Batman's connection to Superman being played up in the subsequent films. That's kinda what I feel the MCU has done with Spider-Man, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    For Miles? He appears in one issue, with his body temporarily taken over by Doctor Octopus. We don't see anything of his life. There's nothing there to adapt.
    Miles was still an older version of himself there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Will we get thin Ganke to make up for Peter stealing normal Ganke?

Miles in his mid 20s would be completely new take. It could be interesting but I prefer the Slingers or Silk instead.

Or I rather do more with Miles's Uncle Aaron. He has a more interesting hook and Donald Glover has some star power you could lean on.

I prefer Miles in high school than Peter. He has more freedom and it's less chance of a diminishing returns.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-14-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Miles was still an older version of himself there.
    You said they could use Life Story for influence. What would they be using from it?

Since MCU Peter takes inspiration from comic Miles, then I guess it would be almost poetic if MCU Miles used comic Peter as inspiration. That would be your influence for an adult Miles Morales

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Since MCU Peter takes inspiration from comic Miles, then I guess it would be almost poetic if MCU Miles used comic Peter as inspiration. That would be your influence for an adult Miles Morales
    I'm fully expecting if Miles becomes the main Spider-Man in the MCU and gets his own movies they'll just draw from Peter stories.

Mighty Member

MCU Miles should get a job at the Daily Bugle with "Ganke" as one of his coworkers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Miles in his mid 20s would be completely new take. It could be interesting but I prefer the Slingers or Silk instead.

Or I rather do more with Miles's Uncle Aaron. He has a more interesting hook and Donald Glover has some star power you could lean on.

I prefer Miles in high school than Peter. He has more freedom and it's less chance of a diminishing returns.
    Cosigning that last line.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    MCU Miles should get a job at the Daily Bugle with "Ganke" as one of his coworkers.
    Turnabout is fair play .