Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Though it was somewhat silly, Grease (co-starring super hottie Olivia Newton John) is a classic and lots of fun.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Though it was somewhat silly, Grease (co-starring super hottie Olivia Newton John) is a classic and lots of fun.
    I almost said Grease, because it’s a movie I’ve watched many times, but it felt like a bit of a cheat to name a musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    2. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Tina Turner) : Surprised this hasn't even been mentioned
    I’m surprised nothing with Will Smith has been named. I guess he has popular movies, not favorite movies.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I almost said Grease, because it’s a movie I’ve watched many times, but it felt like a bit of a cheat to name a musical.

I’m surprised nothing with Will Smith has been named. I guess he has popular movies, not favorite movies.
    I think most people forget that Will Smith use to be a rapper. His movie career easily overshadowed his music

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Smokey and the Bandit co-staring Jerry Reed. Jerry really only got into it because he was such a good friends with Burt Reynolds and would appear in his movies in small roles, but he was such a natural in front of the camera he ended up doing a lot of movie and TV work.
    Word to the wise here...

The film Gator.

All-New Member

Lady Gaga In "A Star IS born" and waiting for House Of Gucci.

BANNED

Eminem in 8 Mile
    Aaliyah in Romeo must die. Wished she had lived. She would have been great in the Matrix Sequels.

Cool as Ice with an Academy worthy performance by Vanilla Ice.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Ken Russell's Tommy is the one that comes to mind.

Mighty Member

The Man who fell to Earth comes to mind. Same as Twin Peaks: Fire walk with me (both featuring the late, great Bowie).

And if I want to be silly about things, Tom Green in Freddy got fingered. He did do a few songs after all (loose interpretation of musician, but that’s how Mr Green would have wanted it).

Whitney Houston in The Bodyguard.

Barbra Streisand's comedy movies of the 1970s. She did have a gift for screwball comedy.

Incredible Member

beyonce in austin powers 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Cool as Ice with an Academy worthy performance by Vanilla Ice.
    It was like watching a young Brando. Ice is magnetic, even, and almost especially, when he’s barely doing anything at all. Indelibly sexy, swaggering, animalistic and balancing a sense of real danger with occasional fleck of childlike joy and even a kind of romance, his performance threatens to topple the film over into the Vanilla Ice show, and yet here he's still generous enough to be in service of his other co-stars.

Even today, actors reprising their famous on-stage roles can end up feeling over-the-top and overly theatrical, but that’s never remotely a threat with Vanilla Ice here: there’s never a moment where he feels anything but real (the performance was based on real-life boxer Rocky Graziano). It’s easy to be hyperbolic about a performance like this, but screen acting was honestly never quite the same after “Cool As Ice.”

Accurate would you say Kirby101?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    My take, is that ONJ was not playing a character. She's really is "Sandy" & just playing along with whatever Barbarino was mumbling throughout the movie.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 11-17-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Well Kris Kristofferson was really great in the Blade movies. Jada Pinkett-Smith in the Matrix movies. Keanu Reeves also began his career in music, but I feel like he can't be counted.

Gonna go with Zooey Deschanel for her role in Elf, I just think she was perfect in that role.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze featuring Vanilla Ice :P

An old favorite of mine is U-571, which had Jon Bon Jovi as one of the Americans who stole the sub.

And a movie I always go back to will be Independence Day with Will Smith and Harry Connick Jr.

I remember loving to watch 9 to 5 whenever it came on channel 11 on the weekends.