Page 244 of 337 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5046

This show is so much FUN! The action absolutely slaps, so glad we finally beat the “bad animation” allegations. Love the on-point characterization of everyone, love the banter (Morph is genuinely funny), love all the drama and conflict being set up. The dialogue and plotting is refreshingly mature; it hasn’t been dumbed down at all. It’s honestly better written than all of the MCU’s recent projects and that’s hella sad.

It’s all so tightly written that it makes Demayo’s firing (or departure???) even more unfortunate. His love for the franchise truly shines through and he actually understands that the X-Men are supposed to be, y’know, sexy. Like, he managed to make Magneto taking a glove off feel risqué. And Madelyne is as seductive as ever, even with the added clothing lol.

I really hope this wasn’t another Edgar Wright Ant-Man situation, where Marvel Studios let him go for daring to have a creative vision that pushes the envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    This show is so much FUN! The action absolutely slaps, so glad we finally beat the “bad animation” allegations. Love the on-point characterization of everyone, love the banter (Morph is genuinely funny), love all the drama and conflict being set up. The dialogue and plotting is refreshingly mature; it hasn’t been dumbed down at all. It’s honestly better written than all of the MCU’s recent projects and that’s hella sad.
    The power of the Claremontian lore! But seriously, it's truly a marvel how well written, and how good the visuals are, in this show.

Seriously though, how does something like this come from the same people who greenlit Secret Invasion and She-Hulk?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone think this series might actually be taking place in an alternate timeline? The thing that throws me off is them acting like Xavier is dead. He did NOT die in the original series. He left to go to space with Lilandra. While its plausible that the world may think he is dead but in '97 the X-men are acting as if he is really dead which makes no sense given the series finale. Now with the recent episode planting the seeds for Cable's return, I wonder if we are heading towards a dark future and are due for some time travel/alternate universe shenanigans to fix things that realligns things back to point before Xavier is killed
    I mean, none of the X-Men never out right stated that he's actually dead. They're just acting under the assumption that he can never return. I think they're just following the storyline from the comics where Xavier was away from the team for almost a 100 issues or so until he finally reunited with them in Uncanny #275.

It was from Uncanny 200 to Uncanny 275 or so. So about 75 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was from Uncanny 200 to Uncanny 275 or so. So about 75 issues.
    So I was off by a quarter then I figure we might see Xavier again by the season finale for a "shock" moment to those unfamiliar with X-Men or those who didn't bother to watch the old show. I mean Magneto's obviously going to go back to his old ways(judging by one of those trailers) setting up a confrontation with Xavier next season possibly doing the Fatal Attraction or maybe even Onslaught.

Weren't there Onslaught toys or character designs leaked at some point in connection with this show? That would be so funny if they brought in this universe's FF and Avengers just to Onslaught them!

Weren't there Onslaught toys or character designs leaked at some point in connection with this show? That would be so funny if they brought in this universe's FF and Avengers just to Onslaught them!
    If there was I haven't seen them. The only rumor I've seen or heard about a non X-character showing up is about Spider-Man. If they do the Onslaught story though and don't use the Avengers or Fantastic 4, it's possible for them to use all the various X-teams in their place... without the sacrifice part of the story though. Just imagine X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, or even Freedom Force joining the fray in some epic season 2 finale against Onslaught. There's so many possibilities they could go with this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I mean, none of the X-Men never out right stated that he's actually dead. They're just acting under the assumption that he can never return. I think they're just following the storyline from the comics where Xavier was away from the team for almost a 100 issues or so until he finally reunited with them in Uncanny #275.
    No they are acting like he is dead. Even if he never returns to Earth, he is still a telepath and would be able to communicate with them from space. The tone just felt very off considering them acting like he is dead and gone forever. In the comics, they didnt act and talk like this.

Seriously though, how does something like this come from the same people who greenlit Secret Invasion and She-Hulk?
    Bc those same people didnt work on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It’s all so tightly written that it makes Demayo’s firing (or departure???) even more unfortunate. His love for the franchise truly shines through and he actually understands that the X-Men are supposed to be, y’know, sexy. Like, he managed to make Magneto taking a glove off feel risqué. And Madelyne is as seductive as ever, even with the added clothing lol.

I really hope this wasn’t another Edgar Wright Ant-Man situation, where Marvel Studios let him go for daring to have a creative vision that pushes the envelope.
    I highly doubt it was a creative differences situation. He had already written S2, which is in the middle of production. If he was fired g during S1’s production it would be more likely.

It seems quite clear (to me at least) that it was something behind the scenes that caused the parting. There’s been such little attempts at covering it up with excuses that clearly both parties don’t want to talk about it if they can avoid it

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    The poor boy must have been terrified at the thought of having two of those in his kitchen!

Ultimate Member

Not everyone works on the same show. Once you get past Brad Winderbaum, Head of Streaming, Television and Animation and Marvel Parliament and some executive producers -that is as far as it goes with all these shows having the same folks in charge.

This is not Star Trek 1987-2004 or TNBC or Power Rangers where all the crew is shared by the same shows.

The MAIN thing Winderman said was this cartoon nor any other animated series SHARES the Main Marvel movie universe.

Winderbaum noted the series was designed to work [B]within the continuity of other animated Marvel series released during the original series' run that it crossed over with, and as such, it was not set in the MCU's Sacred Timeline. He said the series included the same amount of cameos from other Marvel characters as the original, including references to Spider-Man (1994–1998), in which the X-Men appeared. Within Marvel Comics' multiverse, the original series exists on Earth-92131. During Marvel Studios Animation's panel at the 2022 San Diego Comic-Con, X-Men '97 and the other projects discussed were introduced as being part of the "Marvel Animated Multiverse"
    As of right now only one person who they fired wrote one of the live action shows-Moon Knight.

This show does not have the restrictions of the live action ones.

You are following ONE show-so yes the writing will be better. Probably superior because of the freedom from the movie universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bc those same people didnt work on this.
    I was talking about the higher ups who actually greenlight everything. The same people who greenlit this show greenlit She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, and Quantumania. I know the individual projects have their own writers/showrunners/etc.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I highly doubt it was a creative differences situation. He had already written S2, which is in the middle of production. If he was fired g during S1’s production it would be more likely.

It seems quite clear (to me at least) that it was something behind the scenes that caused the parting. There’s been such little attempts at covering it up with excuses that clearly both parties don’t want to talk about it if they can avoid it
    I know nothing about why de Mayo was fired. But, reading between the lines as best we can from all the statements made, I wouldn't be super surprised to learn that there were some mental health issues involved. If that's the case, hopefully he is able to get himself figured out. The wording of the official Disney statement on things make me feel like they might even hire him for more work down the road if whatever the issue is gets resolved.