Page 292 of 334 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 5004

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If Iceman shows up in the new show, I hope the writers remember that Jubilee and he bonded somewhat in that episode where he finally showed up, "Cold Comfort".

I don't think it was ever resolved that Havok and Cyclops found out that they were brothers, either. Seeing Forge, Strong Guy, Polaris, Wolfsbane and Quicksilver show up in that episode was good, though all of their traditional comics history was upended/pushed aside, however.
    Yeah.... this was neat to see, but we really didn't get a feel for why anything was where it was. But... sequel fodder. It made me wanna see more X-Factor!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I found it hilarious how Marvel wanted to end the House of X era to (mostly) have X-Men 97 synergy. Then X-Men 97 adapts elements of House of X. So it was all for nothing. It would be even funnier if House of X is adapted in live-action.
    I mean, it was short-lived though .

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If Iceman shows up in the new show, I hope the writers remember that Jubilee and he bonded somewhat in that episode where he finally showed up, "Cold Comfort".

I don't think it was ever resolved that Havok and Cyclops found out that they were brothers, either. Seeing Forge, Strong Guy, Polaris, Wolfsbane and Quicksilver show up in that episode was good, though all of their traditional comics history was upended/pushed aside, however.
    Cyclops and Havok do not know they are brothers. They fought and it was never revealed why their powers didn't affect the other.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Did they? I thought Hickman's departure motivated the wrap up of his concept with a few other creators stepping in to transition...
    On the contrary, Hickman had some kind of plan to further evolve the story years ago, but the other writers/editors in the X office wanted to stick with the initial Krakoa status quo for longer, so Hickman left the project with Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it was short-lived though .
    Was it? I think it is too soon to tell. spoilers:
    There are still survivors on Genosha. I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier comes back and introduces the resurrection protocols.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-14-2024 at 08:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Was it? I think it is too soon to tell. spoilers:
    There are still survivors on Genosha. I wouldn't be surprised if Xavier comes back and introduces the resurrection protocols.
    end of spoilers
    That feels way too soon to me. And it also seems like a narrative cop-out after what just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That feels way too soon to me. And it also seems like a narrative cop-out after what just happened.
    the plot in this show is like watching a movie in fast forward. My best guess is that the plan is to setup an approximation of the current comics status quo with the first season. I mean they barely showed us Genosha... and then suddenly! Yeesh. It's like I said earlier... the impact here NEEDED major characters to die or it'd have little impact due to us not even knowing what got destroyed.

Regarding parallels with modern comics - if Sinister is going to outmaneuver Sentinels or outright manipulate them, especially while himself using time-travel shenanigans, that is going to be quite funny.

Hi again, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    This is an adaptation. It’s not going to be the same. If you’re going to nitpick at these small little details that ultimately do not matter, and can obviously be seen as the country is big enough where you arent going to see the same exact background characters twice, then you’re never going to enjoy any adaption.
    While you don't expect adaptations to be exactly the same, you do expect them to adhere to certain basics and essentials, which this did not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean considering he's been fired, his confirmations dont mean too much. The next showrunner can gloss past that especially since most of the death werent made explicit
    That's the one sole hope I have for this cartoon. That hopefully the new showrunner taking his place has more sense and respect than Beau.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Right? Grant Morrison is probably my favorite writer in comics, but this was way more memorable and powerful.
    For you, and mainly because it was rendered in animation with voices and music. Give the actual Genosha events the same treatment and it would be better in all respects than what this cartoon did.

People like to ignore what could have been in favor of acting like what currently exists is the best thing ever.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Hi again, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me, etc.

While you don't expect adaptations to be exactly the same, you do expect them to adhere to certain basics and essentials, which this did not do.

That's the one sole hope I have for this cartoon. That hopefully the new showrunner taking his place has more sense and respect than Beau.

For you, and mainly because it was rendered in animation with voices and music. Give the actual Genosha events the same treatment and it would be better in all respects than what this cartoon did.

People like to ignore what could have been in favor of acting like what currently exists is the best thing ever.
    Are you talking about Lorna's role? Shouldn't you be waiting until next season for them to find her going insane after they are done dealing with the immediate aftermath? Or are you upset since Gambit was on the island he managed to stop the genocide early, preventing everybody from being wiped out?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Adaptation of the super hero comics by Marvel and DC have by now a long tradition of being very lose with adhering or following the source material.

Sticking to the basic and essential only concerns the rough outline of the major big name characters or what has allready been established as common knowledge in wider pop culture. But even then creators might regard it as valid to change certain elements in order to provide a new spin on allready known things.

Compare basicly everything about King Arthur and the 800 years of pop cultural changes or exclusions various authors (and nowdays movie and tv show creators) have applied to it. To put it jokingly. Arthur, Merlin, Excalibur and Lancelot are a must, or else the viewers will complain about their absence. But Kay, Gawain and Bedivere are lucky when a coin toss allows them to have any notable role.

Meanwhile since the number of the comic readers, who are attached to the original versions of characters and their stories, is basicly insignifanctly small compared to the general viewership of cartoons, tv shows and movies, who have for a long time shown being flexible about liking various versions of the characters and their stories, there is actualy little pressure on the creators to stick to said comic versions. Unless they are personaly attached to it of course.

Considering the Acolytes did not seem to have acquired any major foothold in the wider perception of the X-men, the creators seem to have been in a position where they could simply ignore them for the sake of structuring/streamlining this version of the story in a way that fit their vision.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-16-2024 at 10:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

While it would be nice, expecting a truly faithful adaptation of anything is asking for too much except in very specific circumstances where all the stars align. Ultimately, many details are going to be changed just from the change in medium or the choice of characters presented in the show to begin with. The original show was never going to have Colossus in the Dark Phoenix Saga despite his role in the original story simply because it wasn't the kind of story where a guest character would make sense. So too, the new show's version of Inferno couldn't have the real Illyana when they couldn't be expected to fit any version of her origin into a 10-episode season.

Incredible Member

Ugh. I was hoping when I saw the title it was going to tease Cable's role in all this, and specifically how he's trying to prevent what happened in Ep. 5. Instead it's more Logan simping for Jean and love triangle b.s. I'm over it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    While it would be nice, expecting a truly faithful adaptation of anything is asking for too much except in very specific circumstances where all the stars align. Ultimately, many details are going to be changed just from the change in medium or the choice of characters presented in the show to begin with. The original show was never going to have Colossus in the Dark Phoenix Saga despite his role in the original story simply because it wasn't the kind of story where a guest character would make sense. So too, the new show's version of Inferno couldn't have the real Illyana when they couldn't be expected to fit any version of her origin into a 10-episode season.
    There's also the whole no Legacy Virus in the original animated series. Part of the reason all those mutants ended up on Genosha in the first place was because they were quarantined there, and after the cure Magneto decided to go to war. Polaris was last seen active during this event evacuating civilians to Wakanda. Later in New X-Men and Uncanny X-men we get the flashbacks where she found out her real biological father was Magneto, and when she went back to Genosha to confront Magneto, the island was attacked as soon as she arrived. So based on what happened in the comic books and what happened in the show, we can safely assume she just got taken out as one of those early mutants who tried to fight the Wild Sentinel. Gambit specifically said anybody who tried to get close to it got taken out, and while the camera did pan over those victims, you have to remember the victims we saw were at the party that night, not the mutants who tried to attack the sentinel (all of them were likely vaporized).