Page 290 of 335 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 5020
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    You're not paying attention are you? The show lacks INTERNAL consistency. You're quite right that it didn't stick to the comics particularly well. But it's not sticking to what TAS did either. But you didn't actually notice anything was off, since you didn't pay attention to that int he first place.

And, no, it really does not matter one iota whether you think it's a "side character". How characters are used defines the world the show takes place in. Side characters are NEEDED to give the story depth and weight.
    The animation studio that did the Genosha island in the original story was not the same as the previous seasons in the series, so they took a lot of liberties on who was on that island back then. The Morlocks for one were seen on the island (you can see Callisto in the background), which makes no sense considering the second episode of the 97 series. So you can either consider it a retcon or an error on the previous studio's attempt to fill in characters in the background. What we can consider is who had voiced lines. Sunfire was the most prominent mutant on Genosha when the X-Men recruited Magneto. Denis Akiyama, who voiced the original Sunfire in the original series, died in 2018. They would have to replace him with a new voice actor just to kill off the character to fulfill what you want.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    women are literally crying over gambit… they are ok in depth department imo
    Man Gambit's gotten such a gigantic boost in popularity after this episode, its very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Hopefully we get Season 2 as early as next year's first half.

In other news, DeMaio confirmed Archangel survived Genosha, but Moira and Dazzler didn't.
    So I guess that means he has plans for Warren but not Moira or Ali .

Dazzler deserved more.

Amazing Member

While I am not thrilled with the deaths of Dazzler, Banshee, Marrow, and Moira, I am happy that, potential time-travel shenanigans aside, we don't have to deal with the mutant Moira in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It's not that I didn't pay attention---although you clearly didn't pay attention to my comment---it's that I haven't seen that episode in a very long time. But it doesn't matter. The Genosha that's being accepted into the UN is drastically different from what Magneto and his henchmen were envisioning in the past, so much so that Magneto expected not to be welcome there. It's doubtful the Acolytes are still around if the place has such a differing philosophy from the Magneto of old. And even if they were on the island, there's no real reason we would have necessarily seen them. It's an entire country. Time has passed.

There was plenty of depth and weight without the Acolytes. It makes no difference if a bunch of unlikable terrorist goons are there or not. No one is going to be especially heartbroken over them.

There's nothing inconsistent about the show because a handful of unimportant characters appeared on the island in one episode and not another. It's a big island.

This is the most ridiculous criticism. "The same background characters didn't appear twice! This minor detail somehow means the writing is bad!"
    Thanks for proving my point.... If you think the Acolytes were only in one episode you really weren't paying attention.

Also.... "unlikable terrorist goons"? hmm... this feels like it needs an explanation, since... well. I did actually like them, most of them weren't terrorists any more than Magneto was. Soo... Yeah... most of what you just said... applies just as much to Magneto as the Acolytes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess that means he has plans for Warren but not Moira or Ali .

Dazzler deserved more.
    Not that it would matter, but Warren having been retconned into a founding X-Man would make it awkward for him to die off-camera.

BANNED

Thanks for proving my point.... If you think the Acolytes were only in one episode you really weren't paying attention.

Also.... "unlikable terrorist goons"? hmm... this feels like it needs an explanation, since... well. I did actually like them, most of them weren't terrorists any more than Magneto was. Soo... Yeah... most of what you just said... applies just as much to Magneto as the Acolytes.
    Again, I haven't seen season 5 in probably more than a decade at least.

And that's my point. The Genosha Magneto and the Acolytes were trying to build isn't the one that came to pass. It was not exactly welcoming of mutant terrorists, hence Magneto's surprise at being invited. I keep repeating that point and you somehow keep missing it. I don't think I'm the one not paying attention.

You do understand that Magneto is a much more fleshed out character than his one-note goons and has changed his views and tried to reform? So no, it doesn't apply just as much to Magneto, who just laid down his life to save a child and countless other people.

So, again, in story, it makes a lot of sense that the Acolytes wouldn't be there. Even so, they might be on the island and we just didn't see them because, you know, it's an entire country.

Not having the extras in the background that appeared in the past isn't a flaw in the show, sorry. The odds of seeing the same people in a country of millions is fairly low. This is the most inconsequential minutae. Its an absurd conversation to even have at this point.

Sorry the show isn't to your liking, but I imagine it never was and I'm baffled why you watch something that is so insulting to your tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Again, I haven't seen season 5 in probably more than a decade at least.

And that's my point. The Genosha Magneto and the Acolytes were trying to build isn't the one that came to pass. It was not exactly welcoming of mutant terrorists, hence Magneto's surprise at being invited. I keep repeating that point and you somehow keep missing it. I don't think I'm the one not paying attention.

You do understand that Magneto is a much more fleshed out character than his one-note goons and has changed his views and tried to reform? So no, it doesn't apply just as much to Magneto, who just laid down his life to save a child and countless other people.
    You have no idea what made the Acolytes such long lasting characters do you? It's simple... they WEREN'T all one-note goons. Sure, some where, but not even close to all of them. Let's not forget there's several characters who have been BOTH X-Men and Acolytes over the years... and that was BEFORE Utopia when most of the surviving Acolytes moved in with the X-Men.... such as Cargill.

Then you have people like [url=https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amelia_Voght_(Earth-92131)]Amelia Voght who's hung out with Chuckles more than Magneto... and doesn't think either of them is right... who decided to be an Acolyte anyways.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean considering he's been fired, his confirmations dont mean too much. The next showrunner can gloss past that especially since most of the death werent made explicit
    Who do you think wrote S2?

Just wondering how some people posting in this thread even enjoyed the original X-Men TAS...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Just wondering how some people posting in this thread even enjoyed the original X-Men TAS...
    Simple... it had internal consistency... even if it didn't match the comics or explain everything.

Simple... it had internal consistency... even if it didn't match the comics or explain everything.
    This show's been consistent. But its been discussed with you by people better than me, so we'll leave it at that.

LOL it never did.

The X-Men act like they've never met Warren... and then it's revealed he's an original X-Man.

Rogue meets Pyro and Avalanche for the first time in Muir Island... and then it's revealed they've been in the same team when she was a teen.

Cable is a mercenary in Season 1... and then he's a time traveler in Season 2.

X-Men 97 has been way more consistent than the original series.

I'm so happy I love both.

Fantastic Member

I'm starting to suspect marhawkman is confusing Asteroid M with Genosha, because I do not remember any Acolytes in the brief moments we saw of Magneto rebuilding Genosha.

BANNED

You have no idea what made the Acolytes such long lasting characters do you? It's simple... they WEREN'T all one-note goons. Sure, some where, but not even close to all of them. Let's not forget there's several characters who have been BOTH X-Men and Acolytes over the years... and that was BEFORE Utopia when most of the surviving Acolytes moved in with the X-Men.... such as Cargill.

Then you have people like [url=https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amelia_Voght_(Earth-92131)]Amelia Voght who's hung out with Chuckles more than Magneto... and doesn't think either of them is right... who decided to be an Acolyte anyways.
    None of which changes the fact that they likely wouldn't be in the new Genosha and the fact that we don't see them in a country of millions isn't a consistency issue anyway.

I remember the Acolytes from the comics and they were always huge d-bags. I barely remember them from the old series, but they sure as hell weren't main characters and are, therefore, irrelevant.

You can ignore the actual story so you can be outraged by meaningless details. That's your right, I guess. But I personally just don't watch stuff I don't like.