Page 264 of 334 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 5001

Damn, I was right to be afraid as soon as it was shown that Genosha would be part of the story.

Those earlier scenes with some of the mutants being so happy to be out like that, probably for the first time, hit hard.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Our fandom can really be so messy.

The way the internet regularly erupts over the inaccuracies from the printed source material is fully wild. What this show manages to achieve in 30ish minutes of animation -- the humor, the cameos and history winks, the emotional gravitas --- while drawing inspiration from titillating stories we love and already know ---some of us like the back of our hand-- and yet still folks refuse to find the fun.

From episode one, folks across social media bemoaned Roberto's inclusion as the, forgive the pun, new mutant. "Where are the OTHER New Mutants?? Where are Sam and Dani and and?? This isn't how or when he joined!!"
    We get these delightfully unexpected appearances of Colossus, Archangel and Psylocke by way of Morph, and the internet devolves into "But now they won't have a storyline!! How can this be???"
    Real ones who know get a charming tip of the hat by Illyana's surprise cameo during the Inferno inspired episode and rather than find amusement, people opt to put their lawyer hats on(???) and argue "But how can she even be??? And a teenager?? How can Morph even know her???"

It. Is. Not. That. Serious.

This is not the printed books. This is not "our canon". Practically nothing in this show is accurate to the books its drawing inspiration from. The same can be said for the movies, for the MCU in general, and inevitably for any future big screen depictions.
    This is just a cartoon meant to entertain. But folks are gonna gnash their teeth and smash their keyboards. The impulse to wrap one's self in misery while sipping on a cup of hot fury is so bewildering. As if life isn't challenging enough.

This episode was bananas. I cried. That's powerful ****. Bravo, X-Men97. You're doing the most, to say the least.
    Preach brother from the highest mountain!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm looking forward to the episode from Cable's perspective that explains what he was trying to achieve in Genosha.

Personally, I think the one who sicced the sentinels on the island was Stryfe. Two Jeans, two sudden headaches, one of them confirmed to be caused by Nate's presence.
    Setting up Stryfe as the behind the scenes main villain for the next season would make quite a bit of sense given the introduction of Cable's on screen origins in this season.

Likewise having Sentinels destroy Genosha as a false flag operation of sort, in order to galvanize previously moderate mutants into becomming radical and therefor easy recruits to his Mutant Liberation Front, would be perfectly on brand for a very obviously unhinged evil villain like him and fitting to his name.

The name of the organization would also make for a nice, dark, callback to Magneto's line in the first season, by having Stryfe twist his words into a battle cry for war and terror.

It would also remove a lot of the headache of having the attack revealed to be the machination of a extra dimensional parasitic demon who snuck herself into the womb of Professor Xavier's mother, formed a female clone body from his DNA, only to be telepathically killed by him before birth, surviving as genetic sludge in a sewer until reforming her body, recruiting an idiot relative of the Trasks and using his DNA to active a massive experimental sentinel, in order to destroy Genosha and it's mutant population, because their increased numbers activated a self destruct gene in humanity that would mean they are going to die out within two generations...

There might even be some "sweet" drama down the line where Stryfe could claim being the real child and that Cable is only a clone Sinister quickly created to test out the effect of the techno-organic virus (given that he allready cloned Jean it would certainly be in linefor him).
    Which then of course turns out to be false after all and Cable is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Damn, I was right to be afraid as soon as it was shown that Genosha would be part of the story.

Those earlier scenes with some of the mutants being so happy to be out like that, probably for the first time, hit hard.
    Classic technique. Same reason why many stories which beginn with a big happy celebration are going to end in tears or at least long hardship with a potential bittersweet end.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-10-2024 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I see people complaining a lot about Lorna, did yall forget this is from X-Men TAS? The story started in 1992 and is loosely based off events from before then. Lorna's Genosha scene was from 2003. Same reason why Gambit over here is running around helping all those Morlocks: he was never involved in the Mutant Massacre because they didn't come up with that story until 1997. They would have to retcon what they started with to introduce the plots you guys want.
    Yeah, TAS has several characters as Mutants who aren't in the comics, and redefines loyalties as we have Byron Calley as an Acolyte.... and other things. Heck, some of the characters who are Marauders in the comics... are seen as members of team Magneto in TAS. Yeah, canonically Arclight and Blockbuster lived on Genosha in TAS.

More clones? What next trying to explain on screen the Braddock/Kwannon Fiasco? And to not have Cassandra Nova as the main villain would be a crime.

It seems like it would be Apocalypse linked as Deathbit and AoA Sunfire will most likely be used next season.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-10-2024 at 05:48 AM.

Fantastic Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!

That is all lol!

Astonishing Member

It was fascinating how they remixed some of the comics Emma/Scott relationship beats into this Maddie/Jean/Scott triangle. I think it gets us where we want to be going here I guess.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Some deeps cuts from the comics.

The lake scene with Jean and Logan was a combination of Classic X-Men #18 backstory and New X-Men #117. In Classic 18 backstory, Jean levitates the lake as she is exploring her telekinetic powers (as Phoenix) and is with Logan (and Banshee and Nightcrawler). In New X-Men 117, Jean joins Logan in the woods and talks about her telekinesis coming back (she had lost it in the Revolution era). She also talks about her problems with Scott and she kisses Logan, only for him to say that they wouldn't work as a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post

Yeah as hyper-compressed as this story is.... there's only one reason to show people having fun... so that you can ruin the fun. And Genosha is famous for getting blown up.

“Why don’t you just go and live with my clone in Genosha?”

This episode was 100% X-Men campy soap opera and 30% giant robot battles.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 04-10-2024 at 06:08 AM.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

People talking about some comic plot points being given to other characters...

Rogue seemingly choosing Magneto, only to choose Gambit, but too late hespoilers:
    sacrifices himself
    end of spoilers....

mirrors Scott/Emma/Jean in Planet X.

But as a Jean diehard, I don't mind... because this is an adaptation and it is great!
    Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 04-10-2024 at 06:10 AM.

Planet X still might happen but Madeylne might get Jgggg

The only thing worse then this is if they made Emma and Shaw both responsible for this due to the Hellfire Clubs funding of Sentinels.

This episode went from a little boring to very disturbing in a heartbeat. Uff uff uff. Great shocking twist. I had tears in my eyes. But I think they are running through way too many storylines in 30 minutes.

Astonishing Member

Thinking about it.

Setting up a school, where a large quantity of mutants, many who can't defend themself, are gathered in a single location where they can be easily attacked, doesn't seem like such a good idea, if it happens shortly after a big island nation, where a large quantity of mutants, many who couldn't defend themself, were gathered in a single location where they were easily attacked and killed in huge numbers.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-12-2024 at 05:50 PM.