Page 287 of 333 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4987

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    There is at least a small chance that she wasn't shown being killed because they actually want to do something with her later.
    Lorna will be one of the 16 billion survivors.

Maybe if Emma stays a villain then Polaris takes her role, reveals her connection to Magneto and now tries to lead the X-Men then falls for Scott which leads to a love square with Jean-Scott-Lorna-Alex lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    If you are watching this as a comic fan hoping to see your favorite arcs adapted into animation you are looking at the wrong place. This series was never going to be faithful to the actual comic stories when it stuck Jubilee and Gambit as star members of the roster (and I say this as a fan of both of them).
    I'm looking at it as a fan of TAS.... and noticing it fits with TAS like shoving a USB cable into a PS2 port.

I hope that Iceman can be brought onto the team.

I want to have the Mutant Massacre story of 1986 adapted for once. That has never been done, to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The cameos also do help to make the world feel more lived in.

An entire nation of mutants of different nationalities, cultures, mutations, it sells the inherent diversity of the concept where anyone can look so different.
    Honestly? it had the exact opposite effect on me. there's so FEW cameos and they're... DIFFERENT people than we saw last time we saw Genosha in TAS.

Something as simple as having Unuscione and Frenzy or Arclight and Blockbuster sitting down drinking coffee would have helped a lot. Why? Because they were among Magneto's followers in TAS. They even moved to Genosha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly? it had the exact opposite effect on me. there's so FEW cameos and they're... DIFFERENT people than we saw last time we saw Genosha in TAS.

Something as simple as having Unuscione and Frenzy or Arclight and Blockbuster sitting down drinking coffee would have helped a lot. Why? Because they were among Magneto's followers in TAS. They even moved to Genosha.
    Why would we necessarily see the exact same people when revisiting the same place? It's an entire country filled with people and time has passed. It would feel pretty small if it was the same people as it was last time. A lot of them probably would still be there, but there's no real reason we'd see them.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Much like how Sauron doesn't want to help people, but instead turn them into dinosaurs, maybe the animation team didn't want to draw a bunch of people who had bit parts years ago, but would rather draw people who haven't been in animation yet (for the most part).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

They probably emphasized the younger mutants to emphasize people actually moved to Genosha with their families, it's not just a bunch of adults. If kids are there it's a real society.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Why would we necessarily see the exact same people when revisiting the same place? It's an entire country filled with people and time has passed. It would feel pretty small if it was the same people as it was last time. A lot of them probably would still be there, but there's no real reason we'd see them.
    Plus +1. It’s such a silly thing to complain about when it’s a giant ass country. But every little background character should be there from last time or else it’s not really the same…

Makes 0 sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I want to have the Mutant Massacre story of 1986 adapted for once. That has never been done, to my knowledge.
    I think the emphasis on the Morlocks being in trouble this episode was a slight allusion to the Mutant Massacre, especially if we eventually find out Sinister was involved. And Gambit being their savior(at least temporarily/for some) is a nice inversion on his role in the comics MM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Just did a re-watch of the episode, and somehow it hit even harder on second watch. All the Rogue/Gambit scenes are just... oof.

I kinda don't mind that the episodes release on Wednesday instead of in the weekend. Gives me something to look forward to in the middle of the tedious work week. And then I'll do a re-watch on Saturday, helps me catch what I missed on first viewing.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Much like how Sauron doesn't want to help people, but instead turn them into dinosaurs, maybe the animation team didn't want to draw a bunch of people who had bit parts years ago, but would rather draw people who haven't been in animation yet (for the most part).
    Did you intentionally erase from your memory the fact my primary criticism is the tiny number of people we actually SEE?

Same goes for Refrax, Zoks, and Tank.

My main criticism is just how FEW actual characters we see. We don't even see large numbers of nameless randos. there's a few actual characters tossed in so it's not just randos, but... other than the Morlock group?

It's not hard to give a sense of continuity by simply... having the same thing from last time. We SAW in TAS season 5 Magneto's start to creating his island nation of Genosha. This isn't that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

It's perhaps too late for an effective adaptation of that storyline now.

At least in regard to expecting a reaction and reception comparable to the one the comic readership had at the time.

After all the wider audience has now been introduced and given a much more detailed and personal version of the destruction of Genosha, that any similar event from now on will be compared to.

To put this in perspective.
    In the comics Genosha was around 5 or 6 pages of things happening with a very distant viewpoint (2 pages of a class room, one splash page of a Time Square stand in getting shot at, then just a distant view of the island and some narration) and then it was all over and the heros were standing around in the aftermath. It was like half of ONE issue.

To comical exagerate it somewhat. It was the comic version of someone in the 1980's reading the newspaper and seeing an article on page 3 about a bomb going off in a city they never heared of in a country very far away and reacting with "Oh dear." It was distant, uninvolved and allready happend by the point the reader would learn of it.

Perhaps that's why the destruction of Genosha has always existed somewhat in the shadows of the Mutant Massacre in terms of how it's remembered and regarded by the readers, despite being much bigger and dramatic in scope and death toll.

Meanwhile the Mutant Massacre itself happend "life" on pannel as multiple different books would show different perspectives over weeks, with the villains performing the massacre being actual characters, rathern than some WMD like robot, all the core heros were also personal involved in the fight and then they came back home alive but scared and essentialy defeated. It was up close and personal, with the outcome uncertain.

However in this adaptation the destruction on Genosha was given many of those qualities from the Mutant Massacre, feeling more drawn out, more personal and much closer, which likely played a vital role in why this episode has gotten all these reactions afterwards.

But this essentialy steals all of the Mutant Massacre's thunder, so to speak. Because now the wider/casual audience has the destruction of Genosha as their "many mutants are suddently and brutaly killed" event, without a predecessor it can be compared to. For them this is now the measuring stick.

Meaning if said predecessor would be put into an adaptation it would likely no longer carry the same shock and suprise for that audience as if it had come first.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-13-2024 at 08:14 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

head of marvel animation says the animatic phase of season 2 of X-MEN ‘97 is complete…. nuff said!!
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    head of marvel animation says the animatic phase of season 2 of X-MEN ‘97 is complete…. nuff said!!
    Hopefully we get Season 2 as early as next year's first half.

In other news, DeMaio confirmed Archangel survived Genosha, but Moira and Dazzler didn't.