Page 297 of 333 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 4983

I actually wonder if they plan to dive into Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Meet Cable, the mercenary mutant from the future who was born in the past to the clone of Jean Grey who tried to sacrifice him as a child but was later infected by a virus and almost dies but is brought to the future to live and is cloned and that clone becomes evil (like his mother) and eventually coming to the past but has existed in multiple ages at the same time.
    Sorry, Rachel is still more convoluted. Cable at least originates from 616 as we saw him being born. This is nothing against Rachel as a character, but (as far as I know) we haven't seen very much of her origins from her birth, childhood, adolescence, etc. That's on the writers of course. I think it's one of the reasons modern writers often have no idea what to do with her and how she never sticks around (plus all the name and power changes). Cable, however, has been consistently present from his introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. Well played.
    lol says you!

Plus the Phoenix force aspect! Does Rachel have the force? Does she not?? How powerful is she actually? If she does, why is she always so easily taken out. She's just a labyrinth of a character to deal with at this point.

I do wish that they would just make her Askani permanently! Prestige was maybe the worst codename ever and sad that the character had to endure that and the awful costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually wonder if they plan to dive into Vulcan.
    Baseless speculation time:
    Turns out this version was created by Mister Sinister.

He got wind of how Scott's parents didn't die in a plane crash but were taken by the Shi'ar. So he got in contact with them and offered to create a "perfect soldier" for their royal guard in exchange for their DNA.

He then used it to create Vulcan, fully "programmed" and allready an adult, but was not satisfied with the result.
    Essentialy comming to the conclusion that his X-gene was too powerfull to be compabtible with that of another mutant, most importantly someone from the Grey family line. Hence focusing on Scott instead.

Meanwhile the Shi'ar deemed Vulcan as too powerfull and unhinged to be part of the Royal Guard but also too usefull to get rid of, so they instead put him in stasis. Years later Deathbird freed him to use for her own plans against Lilandra.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    i just love it when X-MEN related characters beat down marvel characters
    X-Men characters are Marvel characters...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    X-Men characters are Marvel characters...
    okay… i just love it when X-MEN related characters beat down marvel characters who don’t normally appear in X-MEN books

better? :-)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

If we're talking about adapting Rachel, the show will probably smooth out her origin by having her just born later down the timeline, doing something where both she and Cable exist around the same period.

Also oh dang Vulcan. Wonder if Havok is going to show up too, I recall Scott never learned Alex is his brother in the original show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

She the daughter of Scott Summers and Jean Grey from a dark future where she was forced to hunt down other mutants and somehow ends in the present. That's the gist of her character and all the creators need to include to adapt her.

Everything else including the phoenix force or the future in question being the Days of Future Past story are optional.
    You don't even have to go that far. She's from a scary future and wants to change it. Boom, 'nuff said. Drop her name and leave the questions for the viewers as a mystery.

Look at Deadpool 2. They did a relatively solid take on Cable without mentioning basically any of his backstory. Soldier? Check. From the future? Check. Everything else was implied or left a mystery. They never even gave his real name.

They wouldn't have to do anything different with Rachel. Intro her with the barebones of a backstory, tell the story they want to tell and let the rest be implied or mysterious. Particularly because being the daughter of Scott and Jean plays absolutely no role in her first major story. Just do the character justice with the presentation of her powers/personality and let it speak for itself, without the backstory baggage.

I would love to the show's take on her. Personally, I'd focus on the hound angle, and find some way to include Ahab as the main villain of the episode. Maybe have him travel into the past to hunt the X-men, with Ray as his major weapon. Jean touches her mind and realizes she's an unwilling weapon, but also that she's been quietly and carefully building walls in her mind with each mutant she has hunted and is now nearly able to break free. The X-men help her break Ahab's hold, she helps them crush dude like a bug, he flees back to his future. Ray feels she has to follow him and try and free her world from his evil, etc, etc. Maybe an ending note after she is gone from Jean about how familiar her mind felt, but Jean doesn't know why.

Boom, quick, dirty and delightful.

If they do bring Rachel in, I’d love to see her first as a Hound being controlled by Ahab. Cable ends up freeing her, and recognizes her as his sister, Askani. She doesn’t know what he’s talking about… yet. Boom. Sets up a cool mystery for the future, and teases that she had some hand in his upbringing in the far future, but of course this is when she’s much older he tells her. Simple enough for general audiences to follow, and intriguing enough to pique their curiosity and whet their appetite for more down the road.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Speaking of Deathbird, she had a relationship with Bishop (and in another reality they had a daughter).

Not to mention she hooked up with Sunspot

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Any empire ruled by Vulcan's dumb*** deserve to crumble.
    By the clip, it appears Vulcan is just Deathbird's Henchman/Boytoy nº4.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    okay… i just love it when X-MEN related characters beat down marvel characters who don’t normally appear in X-MEN books

better? :-)
    Eh. Not really. Senseless violence seems like an odd thing to relish in.

But good guys beating up bad guys? Sure. These are superhero comics, after all.

Every time a clip or episode releases, I hold my friends hostage and force them to learn X-Men lore against their will
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

Every time a clip or episode releases, I hold my friends hostage and force them to learn X-Men lore against their will

education is key
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

‘MARVEL STUDIOS' ASSEMBLED: THE MAKING OF #XMEN97’ will premiere on Disney+ on May 22.

https://x.com/xmenupdate/status/1780...634227495?s=46

i wonder if beau is excluded??