Page 258 of 335 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 5015
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    But the origin isn't convoluted and the show used both MasterMold and Nimrod. Only thing the show did not use is the siege perilous. So maybe they will change it I guess we shall see

How is the siege perilous not convoluted? What is easier to explain to the audience, Bastion is an advanced Sentinel disguised as a human or Bastion is Nimrod and Master Mold fused together by a magic rock?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    anyone will look short in a pic next to bishop/cable/gambit.. Kurt was around Logan’s height in TAS

No, he was def taller when standing upright:

But it seems like most people are ok with a fuzzy "lil" elf! I just think there wasn't really a reason to do that but whatevs!

Astonishing Member

Seems like it's going to be a trend for adaptations to give Pixie teleportation as part of her natural powerset, by skipping the whole part of it being a magic spell that a demonic version of Magik had to teach her.

Then again, it's also likely they will skip her being half human (mutant), half fey.

They'll probably also leave out the 90 or so dudes who were in Magneto's army in TAS too.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm not nervous at all about the implications of the writers putting all these Grant Morrison run characters on Genosha nope no siree bob

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm not nervous at all about the implications of the writers putting all these Grant Morrison run characters on Genosha nope no siree bob
    Considering that it gives the heros more reason to prevent the destruction of Genosha or pull some stunt to revert it (or at least it's death toll) it might actualy be a good sign.

After all, they can't just offscreen kill so many characters who became frequent re-occuring supporting figure or even temporary team members in the comics. Especially because the cartoon audience has no clue who they are or formed any sort of attachment to them.

Nothing of real value was ever gained from the wastefull death of the genoshan population, while the entire X-men part of the Marvel universe was send into a "grimdark" spiral that the line has not been able to recover from for 24 years and counting, made worse by what followed and because for some reason the editoral insist on keeping this tainted continuity going.

So creators of cartoons or movies might not want to go that route, since their audience is much less likely to stay around with that as status quo for years to come or accept that the heros just allow it to stick.
    They don't have the same attachment to a singular continuity that the comic readers have.

The island might burn down, but the death toll can't be allowed to happen.

It is however a great horror scenario that the heros need to prevent or somehow alter akin to the Thanos snap in Avengers Endgame.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Kurt is so tiny! I have no idea why but it’s cute.

He seems younger too, the head pats!

This is an adorable Kurt.

Cute little blue goblin man. XD

So cool to see Nightcrawler. It's a shame he's not part of the regular cast.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering that it gives the heros more reason to prevent the destruction of Genosha or pull some stunt to revert it (or at least it's death toll) it might actualy be a good sign.

After all, they can't just offscreen kill so many characters who became frequent re-occuring supporting figure or even temporary team members in the comics. Especially because the cartoon audience has no clue who they are or formed any sort of attachment to them.

Nothing of real value was ever gained from the wastefull death of the genoshan population, while the entire X-men part of the Marvel universe was send into a "grimdark" spiral that the line has not been able to recover from for 24 years and counting, made worse by what followed and because for some reason the editoral insist on keeping this tainted continuity going.

So creators of cartoons or movies might not want to go that route, since their audience is much less likely to stay around with that as status quo for years to come or accept that the heros just allow it to stick.
    They don't have the same attachment to a singular continuity that the comic readers have.

The island might burn down, but the death toll can't be allowed to happen.

It is however a great horror scenario that the heros need to prevent or somehow alter akin to the Thanos snap in Avengers Endgame.
    Genosha killed quite a few in the actual event though. Obviously Negasonic Teenage Warhead got better, but some of her classmates not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Found this on Twitter and honestly I want to do that.
    Attachment 138765
    If that's not his father that's crazy disrespectful. Who the hell is that?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Kurt is so tiny! I have no idea why but it’s cute.

He seems younger too, the head pats!

Woah! Gambit is really tall, lol. I'm in the minority that I would prefer Kurt taller. But it's not enough to turn me off.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Pat his head or use your tail to hold an apple?
    Scratch the fur

Oh my GOD. I did not expect them to go HAM this episode, but they did. Amazing and the best episode yet.

spoilers:
    Gambit, oh poor Gambit. He doubted himself so much as a hero, but he truly is one. He saved the day in a big way. Magneto too, was not expecting to enjoy the Rogneto in this show but his speeches were amazing. Not as scummy as I thought he'd be, despite him and Rogue getting together when she was sooo young.

Also Val is totally Mystique. It's so obvious at this point.

Cable showing up not being able to stop the massacre is heart-breaking. At least he met Madelyne. Also did NOT expect them to set up the Emma affair and give it to Madelyne. They are definitely pushing Jean to end up with Logan.

Anyway this is definitely getting reset time-wise, but I feel like this might be kept up for a couple of episodes; maybe even until the finale? We'll see. It's gonna tough going from this, back to Lifedeath. A cool storyline, but talk about a mood-whip lash.
    end of spoilers

My jaw was DROPPED.

That ending better be reversed.

spoilers:
    Did not expect to see Gambit killed off and hope it isn't permanent. Especially not when Rogue realized she loved him over Magneto.

Want to see more Logan/Jean moments but I'm still expecting Scott/Jean to be endgame. I wonder if they'll go the X-Men: The End route and have Jean and Maddie merge together at some point. Loved that the classic TDPS scene where Scott and Jean consummated their relationship was referenced, the PG version of it anyway.

Wondering which characters were killed off. Seems like Callisto died and wasn't that Sebastian Shaw's body at one point? Angel may also be dead but I hope not.

Was expecting the Sentinels to detect Val Cooper as Mystique but still hasn't happened yet.
    end of spoilers