Page 302 of 334 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 5008

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    OK, BUT... that means it's not JUST her powers, and also needs a specially designed costume.
    Yeah it's not really realistic at all lol. All of the clothing that she ever wears would have to be made of the unstable molecules. Still cool tho when it happened in Night of the Sentinels! 9 year old me was GAGGED!

Fantastic Member

So I was asking this in the other thread but it seems like Trask is remorseful in this. Is that true to the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    So I was asking this in the other thread but it seems like Trask is remorseful in this. Is that true to the comics?
    Yes, but he wasn't responsible for the genocide on Genosha in the comics. It was his nephew Donald.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I loved the Adversary reading her for all the things she succumbed to in order to fit in with her "monotone family". It was interesting that the parallel plotline was Charles literally schooling the Shi'ar on their snake oil business of colonial brainwashing when he was the one who originated the lie for Ororo claiming she was NOT a goddess. I don't think the showrunners were allowed to spell it out more obviously beyond a certain point but from the looks of it on places like Twitter, many fans have picked up on the true epiphany driving Storm's transformation in this episode.
    it was really well done. it put me in the mind of this:

and agreed. I don't think would know more than weather was going on here unless they were familiar with adversary's powerset .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What issue is that page from? I love it.

Extraordinary X-Men, I think

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    He has already written Season 2 and they finished the animatics for it. So no NXM style replacement happening until Season 3 at least.
    I've actually started questioning if he was really fired or it was a stunt due to fear of backlash due to high amounts of BDSM/submissive adult stuff in the show. Even this episode Charles refers to himself as a pet. I feel like they simply said they fired him fir a couple weeks to see how audiences respond then they will announce him "back". He still has his Xmen creator title in his bios. So I don't believe he was ever fired. Just Disney pulling a Kely Marie Tran when Solo came out

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    There's no way a queer creator would kill off the only queer character on the team.
    Agreed. Not to mention that it'd be redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The changing of costumes, especially to 70s and 80s costumes, feels strange to me in a show that's specifically about the 90s era and aesthetic. They pretty much had the same consistent looks in the old show, regardless of what era they were adapting. Honestly, I prefer the more classic looks, but it feels like a bit of a drift from one of the things that gives the show its identity separate from other adaptations.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind Logan wearing the brown and tan costume for a while since that's always been his coolest look and he did wear it a bit in the 90s.
    It would be interesting if the series went in the direction of moving the characters to iconic historic costumes rather than the anticipated moving the outfits forward in the comics era timeline. Gimme at least a glimpse of Morph in his old school getup...

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yes, but he wasn't responsible for the genocide on Genosha in the comics. It was his nephew Donald.
    Donald Trask III was the member of the family most closely involved in the Genoshan Genocide, but "responsible for" is a bit of a stretch...

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-17-2024 at 03:52 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

Well how many of you like the way X-Men 97 is going in? We're six episodes in, and do we have a feel of the program yet? Is it positive? Is it a fun series? By the way, did the original X-Men animated series have any fun episodes? It's been awhile since I saw the original series. I don't know. But the tone of the new series is darker than the original, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

-

---jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Well how many of you like the way X-Men 97 is going in? We're six episodes in, and do we have a feel of the program yet? Is it positive? Is it a fun series? By the way, did the original X-Men animated series have any fun episodes? It's been awhile since I saw the original series. I don't know. But the tone of the new series is darker than the original, and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

---jthree
    IMO it's too fast paced to actually tell a coherent story. viewers need to already know the story 'cause pieces are missing.

Episodes 1-3 honestly could have been expanded to one whole season. Its definitely rushed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    IMO it's too fast paced to actually tell a coherent story. viewers need to already know the story 'cause pieces are missing.
    I never read Lifedeath or Inferno and I'm doing fine. You're just desperate to pretend the show is bad for some reason.

Agree with those saying it feels rushed, but it’s still enjoyable. The first two episodes were really solid out of the gate IMO. They got me hooked. Ep 3 was very rushed and the pacing just felt off. Ep 4 was “fine,” but felt a little filler-ish… then there was Ep 5, which was a master class in condensed storytelling. Just awesome. So Ep 6 didn’t really have a chance to live up to it, thus probably was best to give us another kind of filler-ish feeling episode before coming back to the main plot. Plus it set some important things up, namely both Xavier and Storm’s returns.

Overall I’m enjoying it, and that is even despite the lack of many cool Wolverine moments or Cable moments so far. I’m coping and still tuning in, hoping that gets rectified down the line. I’m confident it will in Cable’s case at least.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I wasn't expecting Storm to get back her powers already. I figured they'd wait until episode 9 or 10. I'm glad that Storm is in her original, black Dave Cockrum outfit for once. It should hopefully stay from now on.