Page 245 of 346 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 5189

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I was talking about the higher ups who actually greenlight everything. The same people who greenlit this show greenlit She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, and Quantumania. I know the individual projects have their own writers/showrunners/etc.
    Yes, exactly. It's surprising that Marvel Studios managed to avoid screwing this up via executive meddling. Seems like a major issue they have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Yes, exactly. It's surprising that Marvel Studios managed to avoid screwing this up via executive meddling. Seems like a major issue they have right now.
    Well, they did fire Beau days before this premiered, so can't fault them for not trying!

But yeah, seriously, he must have tricked them into thinking it would be crap like everything else they've been greenlighting!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It’s all so tightly written that it makes Demayo’s firing (or departure???) even more unfortunate. His love for the franchise truly shines through and he actually understands that the X-Men are supposed to be, y’know, sexy. Like, he managed to make Magneto taking a glove off feel risqué. And Madelyne is as seductive as ever, even with the added clothing lol.

I really hope this wasn’t another Edgar Wright Ant-Man situation, where Marvel Studios let him go for daring to have a creative vision that pushes the envelope.

Not that special. This is pretty much the one thing you can count on any X-Men creator to remember.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-29-2024 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Well, they did fire Beau days before this premiered, so can't fault them for not trying!

But yeah, seriously, he must have tricked them into thinking it would be crap like everything else they've been greenlighting!
    Can we not use this thread to bash other Marvel properties please? You guys don't need to make hating the MCU your personality to prove you like the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The fact they made an animated X-Men show that can go pretty dark is a huge win.

I always thought that storylines like say Kraven's Last Hunt for Spider-Man would be near unadaptable because it be unlikely for the films to adapt and impossible for any of the cartoons because they are all ostensibly for children so there is a too dark limit.

But we just had a pretty dark and brutal episode here, imagine what it could mean for Marvel cartoons going forward if Disney greenlights more cartoons.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can we not use this thread to bash other Marvel properties please? You guys don't need to make hating the MCU your personality to prove you like the X-Men.
    mutant liberation… begins
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I have to wonder if this is why Beau was fired. maybe he didn't screw it up the way the execs wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I have to wonder if this is why Beau was fired. maybe he didn't screw it up the way the execs wanted?
    Either the man's a serial killer or just simply pissed the wrong person off, but I wonder too.

If it's something that can be fixed then they need to bring DeMayo back and let him helm live action MCU X-Men too.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    they need to bring DeMayo back and let him helm live action MCU X-Men too.
    they need to hire the writer with the best pitch… people will be in serious competition for this honor.. X-MEN reboot will be the most sought after job in genre imo
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I hope that there are non-mutant heroes who get to show up on a more regular basis now.

I hope there's a follow-up with X-Factor, and eventually there gets to be a New Mutant, X-Force, Generation X team, leading to spinoff shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope that there are non-mutant heroes who get to show up on a more regular basis now.

I hope there's a follow-up with X-Factor, and eventually there gets to be a New Mutant, X-Force, Generation X team, leading to spinoff shows.

they are saying a “fan favorite” is appearing this season that’s not been announced. im assuming Spider-Man but maybe it’s Nate Grey

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It is the only Marvel project that doesnt have to tie into the greater MCU. 97 is clearly a love letter to the OG and the comics by a team that REALLY understands the material.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This show just really reminded me why I loved the X-Men back in the day and why I HATE what they have done to the team every since Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It is the only Marvel project that doesnt have to tie into the greater MCU. 97 is clearly a love letter to the OG and the comics by a team that REALLY understands the material.
    It isn't the only non-MCU project. Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur and Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends (the new version) have no MCU ties, AFAIK.

We often quibble about everything; it's remarkable to see such widespread appreciation of '97, both among us hardcore fans and more casual audiences, not to mention critics. I've never been one to rewatch episodes of a show often, but I can't get enough of these. So dense for just 30 minutes each, too. To think we still have SEVEN more episodes this season.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!