Page 152 of 346 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 5185

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which might be where Bastion/Operation Zero Tolerance comes in.

Also considering they're introducing the Mutant Liberation Front (possibly), I wonder if Stryfe might be in season 2.
    If they do bring Stryfe in, I hope they make him younger. I feel like A) it would distinguish him more from Cable if he looked more like Kid Cable or X-man, and B) would hit harder that he's basically just an abandoned little boy (clone) with daddy and mommy issues if he didn't look like older Cable just sans T-O virus. Just my $.02, even though I'm not sure Stryfe is really a villain worth bringing into the show. He's a pretty lame and dated concept -- evil clone -- which has been done to death. The best was in the 'Logan' film with the X-24 clone. Doesn't get better than that IMO so why even go to that well?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 01-15-2024 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I wish that t-shirt wasn't crumpled up so I could see that cool looking team shot. Also, I wish Bishop's name logo was there instead of the Sentinels. Anywho, can't wait for this show to drop. Probably the only Marvel product I'm looking forward to this year.

I so odd seeing so much merch and not even having seen a trailer. lol
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I don't know if Marvel has ever pulled as much merch for a project as they did with X-Men97. It's incredible.

I hope we get a trailer or a date soon. Otherwise, I'm afraid the hype is going to be too high for the final result to be liked.

I really, really wish Storm had another hairstyle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I don't know if Marvel has ever pulled as much merch for a project as they did with X-Men97. It's incredible.

I hope we get a trailer or a date soon. Otherwise, I'm afraid the hype is going to be too high for the final result to be liked.
    Depends on what ever this is directly produced under Marvel's order, or if they simply offered contracts to companies who now throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, since it's the first new X-men animated media in over a decade (meaning untapped opportunities)?

Overall it doesn't seem to be much more merch than is usualy produced for cartoons based on popular IPs. Infact since most "saturday morning" type cartoons (even if they are no longer bound to such a time slot) are primarily financed through toy and merch sales, it's quite normal to see a flood of it (see things like Miraculous).

So perhaps it's just an excitment for the idea of a new X-men cartoon (even if it's just a nostalgia driven late add on season) which can make it more noticable how much is produced and therefor feel like much?
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-15-2024 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    jean and storm's names could have more effects

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I really, really wish Storm had another hairstyle.
    And logo font. What the frick is that? The name font for her solo LS in 1996 could have been easily adapted for this.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And logo font. What the frick is that? The name font for her solo LS in 1996 could have been easily adapted for this.
    Had to look it up. But it's definetly a lot more striking, while still time period appropiate for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Depends on what ever this is directly produced under Marvel's order, or if they simply offered contracts to companies who now throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, since it's the first new X-men animated media in over a decade (meaning untapped opportunities)?

Overall it doesn't seem to be much more merch than is usualy produced for cartoons based on popular IPs. Infact since most "saturday morning" type cartoons (even if they are no longer bound to such a time slot) are primarily financed through toy and merch sales, it's quite normal to see a flood of it (see things like Miraculous).

So perhaps it's just an excitment for the idea of a new X-men cartoon (even if it's just a nostalgia driven late add on season) which can make it more noticable how much is produced and therefor feel like much?
    I think it's a mix of all the reasons you stated and more. We've been starved for X-Men merch for years now so what would be a normal amount of it might seem more than that. But toy and merch makers have also been starved for licenses on X-Men content - everyone knows the X-Men are Marvel's next big thing and X-Men 97 is but the first salvo, so I would expect vendors and retailers alike to be excited about it and to want to create interest and momentum.

As popular a property as the X-Men are, their last couple of movies haven't been particularly successful and they generated very little merch; and their last animated series dates back to more than a decade ago. So I'd say this volume of marchandise speaks to the evergreen quality of the IP and the excitement surrounding the upcoming relaunch.

BANNED

lolol zero effort in Jean's and Storm's logos. Not surprising as far as TAS Jean is presented, but nothing for Storm?

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yeah Storm, Jean and Cyke's logos could have used a little more effort, although Scott has at least the optic blasts going on for him.

Fantastic Member

Most of them look like recycled logos anyway in fact all of them do/are. If not from the original version from the 92 one then from one of the solo books. They all look like the original ones though.

I always get so hopeful when I see action in this thread.

Omg the wait for this is so looong. So much merch and no news? I was hoping it would come out early this year
    A picture would last longer darling...