Page 285 of 332 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4980

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    It bears repeating: Genosha may be important to Polaris’ story, but Polaris is not important to Genosha’s story.
    By the same logic, it bears repeating: Genosha may be important to Magneto's story, but Magneto is not important to Genosha's story. Which I see you do follow by the rest of your post, but then say Magneto, along with Rogue and Gambit, need to be there essentially cause they're household names.

Which in essense is saying that all characters besides the "household name" ones shouldn't exist and shouldn't be used, since anything meaningful they have to offer should just go to characters considered "household names." Or to put it another way, that characters that didn't benefit from the Claremont era should ever get anything in any adaptation of the franchise.

I do also see you mention how they're part of the main cast, but that's been thoroughly argued against by many people pointing out how the episode had plenty of other random mutants in it, and how easy it would've been to just have a quick few seconds for Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    You guys think Marvel has some hidden agenda against Polaris, but truth of the matter is she doesn’t have the same pull as Rogue, Gambit or Magneto. It’s nothing against the character, it’s business.
    I think specific people who work at and with Marvel have something against Polaris. I gave receipts of that last year with White. It's not "just business," it's biases that these people have against certain characters leading them to make asinine changes. It would be like if I worked in one of these positions at Marvel, had everything Havok's ever done treated like he had zero involvement, and then claimed it's "just business."

This "business" talk is nothing more than excuses to justify biases and bad behavior. This is the exact same argument that executives have used countless times to prevent female characters in various media from getting their due. It's a false argument that WB execs used to insist Green Lantern deserved a live action film but not Wonder Woman, back in the early 2010s. It's the same argument Ubisoft execs made to insist Assassin's Creed games should mainly be male characters, why Eivor in Valhalla couldn't be just female, etc.

"It's just business" is nothing more than a cover for people in creative industries to justify doing things they know are wrong. That holds true for this right here.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-12-2024 at 01:29 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Some people think she's Mystique based on her apparently inexplicable interest in Rogue in that episode. Why would Cooper care about what Magneto is doing with Rogue?

Also, looking at Shaw there, is there any chance he's alive and will be important? He absorbs energy, doesn't he?

his voice and his physique under that jacket giving main villain vibes. maybe shinobi can appear down the road if shaw is truly gone
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Also, looking at Shaw there, is there any chance he's alive and will be important? He absorbs energy, doesn't he?
    Shaw, classically in the comics, is better at absorbing physical, kinetic energy, not electromagnetic energy. Like, he almost died from a lightning bolt when Emma had stolen Ororo's body(and they both violated her, I will never forgive either of them!). If that mega Sentinel blasted him with that green laser, I don't think he could tank it. (Kevin Bacon's movie version might have, but that was a very different version of the character.)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Shaw, classically in the comics, is better at absorbing physical, kinetic energy, not electromagnetic energy. Like, he almost died from a lightning bolt when Emma had stolen Ororo's body(and they both violated her, I will never forgive either of them!). If that mega Sentinel blasted him with that green laser, I don't think he could tank it. (Kevin Bacon's movie version might have, but that was a very different version of the character.)
    I see. Thank you for the info.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

im glad id rather xavier be around when its time for that villain maybe season 4?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Thanks for sharing.

So this is “Genosha” but not really. Disappointed that Marvel allowed THIS be the first use of it since the Disney buyout. Hopefully future adaptations have a hell of a lot more respect for the event than this one did.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Well, yeah, Bastion is probably the one behind it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

So this is “Genosha” but not really. Disappointed that Marvel allowed THIS be the first use of it since the Disney buyout. Hopefully future adaptations have a hell of a lot more respect for the event than this one did.
    You are quick to dismiss the series treatment of the event. Unless you are upset it's not a carbon copy of what happened in the comic books, because that shipped sailed long ago when they decided this series was a continuation of the original 92 series. That show never faithfully adapted any of the comic book stories, so why would you expect them to start now?

Probably for the better. The mutant genocide works much better thematically without some alien being responsible for it.

I'm surprised there is so much discussion about Polaris when there was no indication ever that she would be part of this season. She's never been a lead character in this series and hasn't been featured so far on the reboot. It doesn't seem out-of-pocket not to include her here and I'm saying that as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by postfutureshock View Post
    I'm surprised there is so much discussion about Polaris when there was no indication ever that she would be part of this season. She's never been a lead character in this series and hasn't been featured so far on the reboot. It doesn't seem out-of-pocket not to include her here and I'm saying that as a fan.
    It’s cause her experience (as well as that of Emma and other characters) is integral to a proper telling of Genosha, contrary to what some people here claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    You are quick to dismiss the series treatment of the event. Unless you are upset it's not a carbon copy of what happened in the comic books, because that shipped sailed long ago when they decided this series was a continuation of the original 92 series. That show never faithfully adapted any of the comic book stories, so why would you expect them to start now?
    Agreed. Its not like the original TAS versions were remarkably faithful. Days of Future's Past in particular replaced Kitty's role with Bishop and merged the whole "traitor/Onslaught" storyline in.

Quote Originally Posted by postfutureshock View Post
    Polaris is one of many characters that is an incredibly obvious omission. Like there's DOZENS of characters just left out, and a handful who had cameos just to get killed. It makes the show less... meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by notajediyet View Post
    Agreed. Its not like the original TAS versions were remarkably faithful. Days of Future's Past in particular replaced Kitty's role with Bishop and merged the whole "traitor/Onslaught" storyline in.
    While true... this one... is... not being faithful to either the comics OR the previous 5 seasons.