Page 305 of 346 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 5184

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    after yesterday episode i doubt storm goes back to second in command status.. definitely see a split at season end. cyclops prob goes with magneto imo
    I wonder if they'll have that duel to see who gets to be leader.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed to both of these points. people seem to be more outraged that ororo used magic while excusing forge doing the same, even though both possessing magical traits aligns to 616.

Nonetheless, I just also wanted to highlight that the themes around adversary were all based in magic. we saw this even with how forge was able to banish adversary with his mother's spell. and if you pay attention ororo was able to "unwarp" the mountain adversary had collapsed in on her before she fully transformed. why folks do not see, without having to say the obvious out loud, there is more to Ororo than just creating weather will always baffle me to a degree, especially the folks who are familiar with 616.
    I wasn't outraged by it. I just thought it was odd and didn't make sense with her powers (Forge had an explanation for how he knew magic), but I guess she was in a mystical confrontation so I just kind of went with it. When I was a kid, I remember enjoying the first episode of the show, but going "Huh?" when Storm morphed into her costume like a Power Ranger. I wasn't mad, just like, "That doesn't make sense, but whatever."

I'm also not an expert on every aspect of the character, but I never remembered her having any sort of mystical powers. I'm not against it, but I think most people probably aren't aware of her having magical powers.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 04-18-2024 at 06:13 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

the Twitter arguments will be better than the actual duel if that happened lol
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Went back a few pages but I didn't see this anywhere. The showrunners for XM 97 want to do a movie to rival the Spiderverse films! They said 7 seasons plus a movie.

https://www.cbr.com/xmen-97-director...m-spiderverse/
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Went back a few pages but I didn't see this anywhere. The showrunners for XM 97 want to do a movie to rival the Spiderverse films! They said 7 seasons plus a movie.

Music to my ears. If Harley frigging Quinn can run for five seasons, then X-Men can run for seven. But they'll have to slow down the pacing eventually, or they'll run out of good X-Men material to adapt by season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Not likely. I watched an interview recently and it was said that a theme they want to do is unity amongst the X-men, not tear them apart. We're almost in the endgame for this season so there wouldnt be much room to cram that in. I think if there was going to be a duel, Storm wouldnt have gotten back her powers so soon as it was iconic bc she won when she was depowered.

We still have that scene of Magneto in his classic costume appearing before the X-Men that had Storm with long hair, I think we're going to see him try to appeal to the team to retaliate against humanity and we'll see them internally debate whether to go through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I wasn't outraged by it. I just thought it was odd and didn't make sense with her powers (Forge had an explanation for how he knew magic), but I guess she was in a mystical confrontation so I just kind of went with it. When I was a kid, I remember enjoying the first episode of the show, but going "Huh?" when Storm morphed into her costume like a Power Ranger. I wasn't mad, just like, "That doesn't make sense, but whatever."
    I haven't watche the pilot in more than 30 years so I forgot that she turned her civilian clothes into her costume. Anyway, the hair is probably the color transformation. If she cried out in a guttural, prolonged scream, it would've been like Goku going Super Saiyan 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We still have that scene of Magneto in his classic costume appearing before the X-Men that had Storm with long hair, I think we're going to see him try to appeal to the team to retaliate against humanity and we'll see them internally debate whether to go through with it.
    That's kind of a bummer. I think the idea of Magneto trying to change his ways and leading the team is always interesting (currently reading the TPB of Dematteis' recent Magneto mini) and it feels like we barely got any of it before reverting to the status quo. One of the things that really excited me about this series was getting to see the heroic Magneto and it was like one full episode of him leading the team. It makes sense that what happened in episode 5 would cause him to revert to his old beliefs, but his attempt at redemption seems so brief that its almost pointless.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post

I'm also not an expert on every aspect of the character, but I never remembered her having any sort of mystical powers. I'm not against it, but I think most people probably aren't aware of her having magical powers.
    more people should be open to acknowledging areas they may not know or understand about a character versus than just outwardly saying it doesn't make sense, so i appreciate you are open to this. ororo's mystical heritage was first discussed in Uncanny 160. she had met an older version of herself that explained that half of her heritage was mystical. this older version relied on her magic because her mutant powers waned as she got older:

it was then brought back up in uncanny 162 where ororo herself acknowledges her mystical heritage but that it didn't make sense.

she never really explored magic and it wasnt until scarlet witch many years later that it was revealed to ororo she was a part of the Sisterhood and even as a non-practicing sorceress her powers were still potent, and that she even without knowing was able to use her magical powers.

So im not sure where xmen 97 will go with this but her mystical heritage is very much a part of her just as her mutation is.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-18-2024 at 10:58 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post

I agree with them that getting everything would be a dream scenario. Many more seasons of X-Men '97, a full-length animated movie and eventually live-action movies and shows. That would be living the X-dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Music to my ears. If Harley frigging Quinn can run for five seasons, then X-Men can run for seven. But they'll have to slow down the pacing eventually, or they'll run out of good X-Men material to adapt by season 3.
    I agree with you. I’m loving the show but I don’t where they can go story wise beyond 3/4 seasons if they keep this pace. And if we get only one season per year we would see this movie in 8-9 years. I don’t believe they can keep the hype until then.

For me they need to release a season every 9 months, focus on 4 or 5 perfect season, maybe the animated movie by the end, closing the story.

But mainly, I would hire this whole team to come up with the live action first movie as well. I want these versions of Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Magneto, Beast etc on screen.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree with you. I’m loving the show but I don’t where they can go story wise beyond 3/4 seasons if they keep this pace. And if we get only one season per year we would see this movie in 8-9 years. I don’t believe they can keep the hype until then.
    On the other side of things, there's few things more frustrating than hearing a show creators bemoan "we were going to get to telling that story in Season 9" of a show that lasted 5 seasons.
    I understand the pacing issue that viewers are having, but put in the behind the scenes perspective: This series is the result of a pitch to revive a long concluded animated program in a genre (superhero in general/Marvel in particular) that is on the bubble so I can see where there would be a sense of urgency to get to the good stuff asap and to make sure that story arc completed before it got yanked.
    Tomorrow is not promised...unless you get an upfront order for a number of seasons guaranteed - and even then...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

If there's a schism between Mags and Xavier where do you think each member will go? Cyclops and Rogue will go with Magneto for sure, while Wolverine and Jean(if she doesn't die or get shot off into space) with Xavier

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    If there's a schism between Mags and Xavier where do you think each member will go? Cyclops and Rogue will go with Magneto for sure, while Wolverine and Jean(if she doesn't die or get shot off into space) with Xavier
    I really don't want Scott and Jean to be separated