Page 273 of 335 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5023

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Yah, that is wrong. I certainly care as well. Genosha is a massive story for Polaris and frankly it matters to me if the character is being denied one of her biggest stories and frankly the only motivation that ever really worked for the character. I haven't said screw the show last I checked, but there isn't any good reason that I can see not to have her on the island.
    Sorry, I get that people care as fans and it does suck that not every story can be told perfectly. My comment was more about their attitude towards the creators and their "obligation" to tell the story a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We lost 4 members in the span of 5 episodes. Who's next!
    Seriously. They ain’t playin’ with this show!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Seriously. They ain’t playin’ with this show!
    They might as well call this season X-men Disassembled. It feels like they are deconstructing the team in order to build it back up looking different for season 2. I wonder who will end up joining

Yah, that is wrong. I certainly care as well. Genosha is a massive story for Polaris and frankly it matters to me if the character is being denied one of her biggest stories and frankly the only motivation that ever really worked for the character. I haven't said screw the show last I checked, but there isn't any good reason that I can see not to have her on the island.
    It's the reach on the platform that will go to millions of viewers and how Marvel responds to this in the movies and the comics and further adaptations regarding this story. Hopefully they'll revamp the other cartoons.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    This is where you lose everyone. You're the only one that thinks it's disrespectful or dumb when it's literally a case of "I don't like it".

You can be upset for yourself as a fan, but you turn it into some kind of major slight towards... I don't even know. The storytellers have NO OBLIGATION to include anyone or anything that they do not want to include. The episode still told a story that was complete.

Keep in mind, not everyone has even read EoE. There are chunks of years that I haven't read. These stories are for anyone that wants to watch and your rules are so limiting.
    I think the takeaway here is that Genosha is important to Polaris, but Polaris isn’t important or integral to the Genosha storyline at all. Just look at how well done this storyline was or the fact she wasnt even revealed as part of it in the comics til years later.

Honestly with so many core characters to juggle, I don’t think it’s a big deal that this one character. It’s all about the broad strokes with adaptions and so far, the broad strokes work for the show, any minor grievances aside. It’s not perfect, but it works overall for what it’s trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    That speech makes me think Gambi isn't coming back.
    Well, that's depressing.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

They can substitute Colossus for Gambit in Whedons run

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I think the takeaway here is that Genosha is important to Polaris, but Polaris isn’t important or integral to the Genosha storyline at all. Just look at how well done this storyline was or the fact she wasnt even revealed as part of it in the comics til years later.

Honestly with so many core characters to juggle, I don’t think it’s a big deal that this one character. It’s all about the broad strokes with adaptions and so far, the broad strokes work for the show, any minor grievances aside. It’s not perfect, but it works overall for what it’s trying to do.
    Yeah exactly. I would understand if someone was mad at a direct adaptation of one or a series of books (LotR, Harry Potter, Dune), but this series is literally dealing with over a thousand issues of comics from different writers spanning hundreds of characters over the course of 60 years. Comic books translated to movies or TV shows will always have to make compromises. Like the Avengers movies didn't have Pym and Wasp right at the beginning. Some will get mad, but the decisions are not immediately dumb, asinine, insulting, etc.

This thread has completely become the dictionary entry for going out and touching grass.

For television shows that run half an hour, they usually have a main A plot and a less important B plot running at the same time. The addition of more can get too convoluted. In this case, there's the (A) Remy/Rogue/Magneto Genosha plot and the (B) Scott/Jean X-mansion plot. Introducing stories for Polaris (and her complicated relationship with Magneto) or Emma being a teacher would just pull focus away from the main plot. Perhaps if the episodes were an hour long, they would have had space for them, but they're limited to the half hour run time. I think it's been clear from even the original animated series that all stories center around the main cast who have title cards. Any other character is just secondary and in service to them. Just like any show that has a regular cast and guest stars.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    For television shows that run half an hour, they usually have a main A plot and a less important B plot running at the same time. The addition of more can get too convoluted. In this case, there's the (A) Remy/Rogue/Magneto Genosha plot and the (B) Scott/Jean X-mansion plot. Introducing stories for Polaris (and her complicated relationship with Magneto) or Emma being a teacher would just pull focus away from the main plot. Perhaps if the episodes were an hour long, they would have had space for them, but they're limited to the half hour run time. I think it's been clear from even the original animated series that all stories center around the main cast who have title cards. Any other character is just secondary and in service to them. Just like any show that has a regular cast and guest stars.
    They didn’t need to introduce Lorna any more then show her in the background and deal with it later. This is a disaster for the character.

The show isn’t screwed by any stretch for not including her in the story. But, the character is completely screwed by not doing so. Lorna’s evolution as a character from a poor man’s Jean was very much tied up in it to a degree that can’t be replicated. Her connection or lack thereof to Magneto is very small potatoes next to it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-10-2024 at 06:00 PM.

They could have substituted Exodus dancing for 2 seconds of Emma teaching a class in a thong. Regardless they decided to go ahead with 2 Jeans and clones etc how is that not convoluted? One is also still alive.

Incredible Member

Beau DeMayo confirms Rogue was a young adult when she met Magneto. She was a teenager when she joined Mystique's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

2024-04-11.jpg

Did the addition of Multiple Man, Lorna's team member in X-Factor make this overly convoluted? Or Pixie and Glob throughout the episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did the addition of Multiple Man, Lorna's team member in X-Factor make this overly convoluted? Or Pixie and Glob throughout the episode?
    Or Cipher who nobody is supposed to be able to see.

Fantastic Member

They didn’t need to introduce Lorna any more then show her in the background and deal with it later. This is a disaster for the character.

The show isn’t screwed by any stretch for not including her in the story. But, the character is completely screwed by not doing so. Lorna’s evolution as a character from a poor man’s Jean was very much tied up in it to a degree that can’t be replicated. Her connection or lack thereof to Magneto is very small potatoes next to it.
    Hah she'd wish she was a poor man's Jean in this universe. Yall must have forgotten how she was introduced. She ran off to be with another man and a new secret life, trying to fake her death so she didn't have to talk to Bobby.