Page 303 of 336 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 5032

So far, I do really like this series, but I hate that Gambit is dead, despite going out in the most heroic way possible (I'm also not a fan of forcing the Rogneto pairing into the XTAS timeline). If they bring Gambit back somehow, I would maybe even love this series. Time will tell.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

I don’t mind the show's pacing too much. I'm only worried that with it going so fast they'll run out of good X-Men stories by season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Donald Trask III was the member of the family most closely involved in the Genoshan Genocide, but "responsible for" is a bit of a stretch...

Nah, he knew what he was doing, being important excited him. And he dreamed of having mutant women and children as his slaves. He was human trash.
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 04-17-2024 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    So this week's episode wasn't written by Beau DeMayo... and it kind of showed. I'm a little annoyed that so much of Lifedeath Part II was not even about Storm and Forge. But at least there was THAT moment!!!
    Oh, that explains it. I was shocked by the drop in writing this episode. I didn't hate it, but it was less than what I was hoping for given the previous episodes. Fall of the Mutants and Storm's whole powerless period is basically the same amount of story as all the Maddie/Inferno stuff, and while I was impressed by how all that was condensed into episode 3, this one left me wanting a bit, and all the Shi'Ar stuff actually became the A storyline, which was annoying.

Oh well, Storm's got her powers(and hair AND diadem/Cockrum costume) back, and is ready to smite Sentinels again, so I guess I'll let this slide, but I hope if the MCU ever decides to adapt Storm's powerless period in live action, we get an expanded version of it, including her actually leading the X-Men without her powers and all the great stories that happened during that time(like the Cyclops duel in the Danger Room, and her slicing her way through a demon horde with a knife on the way to the top of a magic mountain, which I was reallllly hoping we'd see this episode!).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I don’t mind the show's pacing too much. I'm only worried that with it going so fast they'll run out of good X-Men stories by season 3.
    Someone has to adopt Austen and Milligan's plotlines. Kurt joined just in time to do the Draco. We'll get Polaris when its time to do What she Saw in Space

Storm transform into her black costume (not from NXM 132 but it works). She will rescue naked Lorna from Genosha ruins in future episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Someone has to adopt Austen and Milligan's plotlines. Kurt joined just in time to do the Draco. We'll get Polaris when its time to do What she Saw in Space
    The only demonic story for Kurt I want to see is Nightcrawler's Inferno.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    So I was asking this in the other thread but it seems like Trask is remorseful in this. Is that true to the comics?
    Bolivar Trask? He died back in the Silver Age trying to stop Master Mold, he was brought back by Bastion later and killed himself as soon as he was free from Bastion's control.

Donald Trask caused the Genosha genocide in the comics and he was a total creep.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    What issue is that page from? I love it.
    uncanny xforce issue 10
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Bolivar Trask? He died back in the Silver Age trying to stop Master Mold, he was brought back by Bastion later and killed himself as soon as he was free from Bastion's control.

Donald Trask caused the Genosha genocide in the comics and he was a total creep.
    I liked the original reading of Trask's story where he realized the X-Men were heroes and not all mutants are bad when Beast was under hypnosis telling his life story. I heard on the Graymalkin Lane podcast that Bolivar was later retconned to have been a raving bigot all along, without redeeming qualities, but I've only read the two stories you mentioned where he's a misguided man who ultimately ends up doing the right thing.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wasn't expecting Storm to get back her powers already. I figured they'd wait until episode 9 or 10. I'm glad that Storm is in her original, black Dave Cockrum outfit for once. It should hopefully stay from now on.
    I wasn't expecting Xavier to make a return appearance till the last episode of the season, or the last episode of the next season. Xavier's return would make me doubt the sincerity of Magneto's reformation or if the X Men could stand two idealogical leaders.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    I wasn't expecting Xavier to make a return appearance till the last episode of the season, or the last episode of the next season. Xavier's return would make me doubt the sincerity of Magneto's reformation or if the X Men could stand two idealogical leaders.

--jthree
    Oooh, I wonder if this means the X-Men become divided.
    If Xavier returns, and Magneto is still alive, I could certainly see Cyclops joining Magneto. I wonder who else would be so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    If Xavier returns, and Magneto is still alive, I could certainly see Cyclops joining Magneto. I wonder who else would be so inclined.
    Rogue obviously

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    There's no way a queer creator would kill off the only queer character on the team.
    of the X-MEN who will join/rejoin/assist the remaining of the season i think only forge might die. hopefully not
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

What was Deathbird's previous appearance? The last time I remember seeing her was when she tried to overthrow Lilandra. If that was indeed her prior appearance, then IMO she shouldn't be a free woman in this series.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

after yesterday episode i doubt storm goes back to second in command status.. definitely see a split at season end. cyclops prob goes with magneto imo
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.