Page 193 of 336 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 5034

It's gonna be TV-14.

Last edited by Hi-Fi; 02-20-2024 at 07:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

-1 month now, and thankfully February is shorter!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    LOL...we are in a leap year so its longer than usual

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    looking back on it now i felt dam this is taking forever to release but now the wait is basically over. we’ll be watching a new animated series finally
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Will the episodes release weekly or drop all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Will the episodes release weekly or drop all at once?
    Probably weekly but there's a third possibility: the What If? Season 2 daily drop.

If they are savvy they will do weekly release. It honors the schedule of a Saturday morning cartoon. It allows for general engagement, anticipation, and appreciation of each individual episode and looking forward to the next for seven days at a time. It makes people stay subscribed for at least 10 weeks!

The OG Disney+ MCU shows were weekly(WandaVision, etc), so I think they will do weekly release. What If Season 2 was a holiday season anomaly, and ECHO dropped at once so they could minimize impact/discussion.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Probably weekly but there's a third possibility: the What If? Season 2 daily drop.
    If they are brought into the What If series at least the animation will be better lol

Astonishing Member

So I personally know a friend who I used to lend him comics to read alot being X-MEN and for the last few years, he wont give Disney his money for being woke and he won't give X-MEN 97 a try due to the Morph being non binary despite enjoying the original 90s series. I called him out of it for not being a poser fan who don't get the main theme or message of X-MEN while my other friend, another chud defended him saying that there's anyway you can enjoy a franchise justifying how he's a huge Gundam fan but its themes is pacifism which he don't agree with, and it doesn't make him less of a fan the same way the other chud is a X-men fan despite all he enjoy is cool costumes, and battles with aliens and giant robots. What you think. do I have a right to call him a poser x-men fan or not a true fan. I been both friends are chuds who are MAGA and has fucked up views.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So I personally know a friend who I used to lend him comics to read alot being X-MEN and for the last few years, he wont give Disney his money for being woke and he won't give X-MEN 97 a try due to the Morph being non binary despite enjoying the original 90s series. I called him out of it for not being a poser fan who don't get the main theme or message of X-MEN while my other friend, another chud defended him saying that there's anyway you can enjoy a franchise justifying how he's a huge Gundam fan but its themes is pacifism which he don't agree with, and it doesn't make him less of a fan the same way the other chud is a X-men fan despite all he enjoy is cool costumes, and battles with aliens and giant robots. What you think. do I have a right to call him a poser x-men fan or not a true fan. I been both friends are chuds who are MAGA and has fucked up views.
    Would your friend's name happen to be Graydon Creed?

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

absolutely, you have a right to call them out for their bigoted views

Well, anyone can enjoy just the fights and the cool visuals. But there are fictions whose message is very clear and x-men can't be more literal with what it's saying. All that's happening is they're not paying attention.

The only way not to see it is to watch the cartoons in mute or not read the comics and just watch the images.

What people can't do is "cry" because now everything is "woke" and it ruins everything.

And more so when what they call woke is people who aren't white, straight or male also exist and do things.

If you exclude people for not sharing your exact views on complex situations, you are not some champion of inclusion either. The right wing and the left wing are simply two aspects of the same beast.

X-Men are not without flaws, be they the films, shows, or comics. One person can love the 60's era, another Claremont's run, another Lobdell's 90's, another Morrison's, another Carey's, another Hickman's, another Ewing's, and hate all the other writers' runs. One person can be a huge fan of Emma, another thinks she's a callous villain at heart. One person can love Wolverine, another thinks he's a psychotic creep. One person can love Morph as a non-binary person, another think's Morph's best as a funny man womanizer, yet another likes Morph best as a PTSD survivor taking his time to recuperate.

The various presentations are never consistent across the board, so why would people appreciate the exact same aspects? If X-Men has any central message, it's that the planet is big enough for everyone, bigots included. The X-Men fight for those who hate and fear them. Republicans included.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-20-2024 at 01:51 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

lol no I don't have to be concerned with whether bigots feel included or not, they can always stop being bigots, it's a choice to hold hateful views

people who are non binary can not change who they are, just like gay or trans people can not change who they are

Spectacular Member CamilleMoineau's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If you exclude people for not sharing your exact views on complex situations, you are not some champion of inclusion either. The right wing and the left wing are simply two aspects of the same beast.
    Depends on what we're discussing; there are, say, minor differences about canon and then there are people frothing about inclusivity of a group that they secretly (or not so secretly) don't care about, or even hate. And nobody should take your opinion seriously if you think the left and right wing are equally bad--centrists like you are cowards, oftentimes right-wingers camouflaged in talk of civility. The X-Men has had problems over the years--the MLK/Malcolm X comparison for Charles and Erik has never sat well with me, for one-- but generally speaking it promotes inclusivity which is a left-wing ideal.
    Last edited by CamilleMoineau; 02-20-2024 at 02:41 PM.
    “Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds