Page 338 of 338 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 5070

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Good episode but I'm tired of Xavier and Magneto, I hated that "to me, my x-men" at the end, Cyclops didn't get to be the leader at all this season and now with Xavier back he's not going to be the leader anytime soon if ever.

For all the talk about X-Men 97 redeeming Cyclops and making him cool again, he's been really underwritten this season, they didn't even show his leadership skills besides some surface level "let's go team!" or his strategic mind at all, his relationship with Cable is fine I guess but nothing to write home about either, I know that there are still two episodes left but I don't think they'll make him justice, now I understand DeMayo's criticism towards post decimation Cyclops, he just hates the idea of Scott being the protagonist, he wants everything to revolve around Xavier and Magneto, and I'm tired of it.

Unless the writing of Cyclops improves dramatically, Evolution and Anime Cyclops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X-Men '97 Cyclops

Also, I hope they reveal that Magneto's escape is all part of Bastion's plan because otherwise he's ridiculously incompetent.
    Evolution Cyclops was literally following Xavier’s orders and was a kid.

The man in this series actually did lead, showed more personality, emotion and defiance than he’s had in any other adaptation in years and has been assertive. Just because Chuck is back doesn’t mean he’s just going to fall in line.

Sometimes you guys get online and just say anything.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Evolution Cyclops was literally following Xavier’s orders and was a kid.

The man in this series actually did lead, showed more personality, emotion and defiance than he’s had in any other adaptation in years and has been assertive. Just because Chuck is back doesn’t mean he’s just going to fall in line.

Sometimes you guys get online and just say anything.
    He stood up to Wolverine and showed more leadership than X-Men '97 Scott by things like welcoming Rogue into the team and being a big brother to all the other kids. The Cyclops from X-Men 97 hardly led, shouting "let's go team, good work!" is not the same as being a leader.

Since we were discussing earlier the extent of Sunspot's powers
    spoilers:
    now we can confirm that he can in fact fly. My guess is that his mother's rejection will be the catalyst for him officially joining the X-Men rather than just lounging around at the mansion. And he'll get the standard blue/yellow training uniform as his costume to start off with.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

People were talking about having multiple X-teams or shows. I'd like that but I don't think it'll happen. I think the best we can hope for is replacements, like Kurt replacing Gambit.

spoilers:
    Wha I really don't want to happen is Xavier returns and all the X-Men join up again to fight Magneto like nothing has changed. Things HAVE changed drastically with Cyclops and Rogue at least. I wanna see an X-Men ideological split and this could in turn lead to new X-Men next season as they replace the ones who sided with Magneto.
    end of spoilers

Good episode but I'm tired of Xavier and Magneto, I hated that "to me, my x-men" at the end, Cyclops didn't get to be the leader at all this season and now with Xavier back he's not going to be the leader anytime soon if ever.

For all the talk about X-Men 97 redeeming Cyclops and making him cool again, he's been really underwritten this season, they didn't even show his leadership skills besides some surface level "let's go team!" or his strategic mind at all, his relationship with Cable is fine I guess but nothing to write home about either, I know that there are still two episodes left but I don't think they'll make him justice, now I understand DeMayo's criticism towards post decimation Cyclops, he just hates the idea of Scott being the protagonist, he wants everything to revolve around Xavier and Magneto, and I'm tired of it.

Unless the writing of Cyclops improves dramatically, Evolution and Anime Cyclops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X-Men '97 Cyclops

Also, I hope they reveal that Magneto's escape is all part of Bastion's plan because otherwise he's ridiculously incompetent.
    You're def watching with some kind of pessimistic shroud over you. Cyclops has been written so well, I don't know what you're talking about. Every episode he's in he has been shown in a leadership position.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Favorite episode so far. Checked all the boxes.
    spoilers:
    Jean reclaiming her motherhood, Scott being a family man and a badass leader, Logan doing what he does best, Magneto was right.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    You're def watching with some kind of pessimistic shroud over you. Cyclops has been written so well, I don't know what you're talking about. Every episode he's in he has been shown in a leadership position.
    yes, so true! and he also got some really fantastic character development so far. Will he go down a more radical path like his comicbook counterpart?!

I never understood the appeal of his powers but what they have done with his optic beams in Episode 1 was some of the coolest use of his power I have ever seen. I hope this will get translated to live action.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I agree with all this. A roster shakeup will kill this show. The entire reason they revived X-Men '97 is because it's the most recognizable X-Men team outside of the movies and the closest to the comics. People identify with these characters and swapping some out for new ones who have little or no recognition will not work.

Even outside of TV, look at movie examples. The MCU's Phase 1-3 were successful because they centered on the core Avengers team of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye. Yes, the films added more characters like Wanda, Vision, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Falcon, Spider-Man, etc. but those original six were more or less the core characters and Endgame revolved around them for a reason. Now, most of those characters are gone in the MCU phases since and there's been a huge struggle for audiences to keep caring. With Wanda gone, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man are the only two Avengers people still care about. No one is interested in a new lineup with Falcon, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Shang-Chi, Monica, Bucky and whoever else remotely qualifies. Those aren't the Avengers to the public. New additions, like X-Men '97 has done with Bishop, Cable, Sunspot, Forge, Nightcrawler, etc. is one thing, but changing up the roster rather permanently and swapping out those core characters will not go over well.

Even look at the X-Men movies. The core characters were Xavier, Wolverine, Jean, Rogue, Storm, Cyclops, Iceman, etc. Look what happened when X3 killed off Xavier, Jean, and Cyclops and then the next "X-Men" movie featured a bunch of D-listers like Darwin and Angel Salvadore. Audiences rejected that film and Fox course-corrected by bringing back the original cast that people actually care for in DOFP.
    Audiences didn't reject First Class. It revived the brand after the negative reception to The Last Stand and The Wolverine movie. The films with the more popular X-Men characters were the ones that failed.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    yes, so true! and he also got some really fantastic character development so far. Will he go down a more radical path like his comicbook counterpart?!

I never understood the appeal of his powers but what they have done with his optic beams in Episode 1 was some of the coolest use of his power I have ever seen. I hope this will get translated to live action.
    His powers are simple yet iconic and effective. It's one of the reasons his merchandise sells so well, because kids just say cool bro shoots beams out of his eyes

Since this show referenced Marvel Vs Capcom with Rogue, I just want one fight where Scott yells “BEHOLD! Optic blast!” and just clears the whole room.

That would be epic lol.

Spectacular Member

He's been written well but could've been way better and now he's going back to being Xavier's little boy scout yay.

There are some fans who only see Cyclops as the character from the 2000s dark age. Any other Cyclops is not real to them and deemed a fake, a poser, a neutered creation to pander to the masses. They can't fathom that the Cyclops the rest of us are seeing and cheering on is the real one who existed for decades as one of the most popular Marvel characters. Not everything needs to be post 9/11 edgy and bleak.

He's been written well but could've been way better and now he's going back to being Xavier's little boy scout yay.
    Why does this description only apply to Scott though and not the rest of the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Audiences didn't reject First Class. It revived the brand after the negative reception to The Last Stand and The Wolverine movie. The films with the more popular X-Men characters were the ones that failed.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...h=49027951a83e
    Audiences vastly prefer the original X-Men class over the “First Class” variations.
    Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class is arguably the best X-Men movie thus far, give or take my feelings on a given day for X2: X-Men United. But even with strong reviews, a buzzy cast (including future “stars” Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence) and a “before it was cool” genre appropriation, the 1960's spy thriller earned just $353 million worldwide on a $160 million budget. Even after X-Men: Days of Future Past took the franchise to unforeseen heights ($748 million in 2014), Apocalypse took it back down to Earth ($544 million, including just $155 million domestic). Fair or not, audiences aren’t nearly as interested in an X-Men movie that doesn’t star Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Halle Berry.
    The proof is in the box office receipts. Even Apocalypse, critically trashed as it was, did better than First Class. But nobody has any love for the prequel cast, which was a problem that originated with First Class. DOFP is the only actual success from this era precisely because it brought the original cast back. And that's what Kevin Feige is now giving us too.

spoilers:
    They just made a reference to Wolverine's intro line from X-Men: Next Dimension. Nice!
    end of spoilers