Page 220 of 346 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 5179

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Another GIF.

Also noticed Sunspot at the mansion, thought maybe he was with Forge's team? Maybe he defects.
    Does Rouge use that kick often in the comics? Cause it looks like the one she used on Cammy in that one obscure video-game . . .

xcr.jpg

New footage is looking great! Very excited!
    Losing Demayo was weird but I can't add much that hasn't been said already.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if "Jean" has the baby as early as the first episode.
    They keep saying that the series starts off basically "the next day", but there's for sure going to be a time-jump shortly after the premiere.

Not going to read too many twitter reactions as to not get spoiled but so far looking great! The consensus seems to be that the soul of the original show is all there, the animation is stellar and cinematic, action good, writing good, voice acting good, all the melodrama is there(!!), and it even has a mature/adult sense of humor now that it's not hampered by the Y-7 rating of yesteryear.

ALSO, not a plot spoiler but... spoilers:
    my biggest hope was that the intro would be left intact but with updated animation and that seems to be the case! It's said to be absolutely stunning in HD!!!
    end of spoilers

and look, they even brought back Trish Tilby!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This guy doesn't even know that Storm had a mohawk on and off in the comics. And the original change wasn't to do with her being more masculine (masculine???) her fight with Callisto because she once valued all lives, even villains. Also, he showed the cover of the classic X-Men reporint of said fight. Obviously he hadn't read it.

Also, I saw another similar video that showed a clip from South Park joining the band wagon, obviously they don't know anything either.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-13-2024 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    This guy doesn't even know that Storm had a mohawk on and off in the comics. And the original change wasn't to do with her being more masculine (masculine???) her fight with Callisto because she once valued all lives, even villains. Also, he showed the cover of the classic X-Men reporint of said fight. Obviously he hadn't read it.

Also, I saw another similar video that showed a clip from South Park joining the band wagon, obviously they don't know anything either.
    Of course he doesn't...

The entirety of the so-called "Controversy..." here?

It is a handful of the usual suspects hoping that folks will not catch onto that they are being tuned up.

True colors are showing clear as day here.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

It's something they see on TV, so not Xavier's funeral. Maybe Magneto on trial? There is a shot of Storm in action in the courtroom potentially during a rescue operation.

But also...

LOL oh Jean... reminds me of those old Cathy comic strips whenever she freaks out!
    They got the news that the show is called X-Men '97, so they're 6 years too early to meet Hellion. I'd be sad too, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    This is a very good point and largely where I come down on this. It's not that Morph is bi or trans or whatever they wanted to make him. If DeMayo didn't make this the centerpiece of his publicity, most people probably wouldn't have even noticed. (As others have said.)

Yes, it is a manufactured controversy that was entirely unnecessary. But the fact that the people writing X-Men put such a focus on a minor unimportant character's queerness displays exactly where X-Men (and the wider Marvel) lost its audience. They stopped writing stories that would interest and connect to the people who actually bought their books to cater to a small niche segment of their audience, and then a good portion of their largest demo stopped buying the books. X-Men 97 was an opportunity to reconnect with that lost audience, and they whiffed over something really silly--A MINOR, UNIMPORTANT CHARACTER who shouldn't have even been discussed in the interview if DeMayo's focus was to actually sell his product rather than 'OwN tHE RiGHt!'

And that's the ailment for all of Marvel, particularly X-Men. Reports today say Grant Morrison refused to return to X-Men because it's a dumpster fire. TBreevort was brought in to 'right the ship' and immediately starts insulting fans and saying he's just going to more of what wasn't working. They need to grow their paying audience, but they keep doing everything they can to alienate the largest portion of it.

Hell, look around here. This forum used have a thousand or more regular posters. Now there are maybe three dozen who post every couple of days, with no more than a hundred or so lurking and posting sporadically. And this is one of the biggest forums (that I'm aware of!). This is a microcosm of what is left of the X-Men fan base. And it is a niche audience that cannot support a 250M movie.

The people who talk about an alt-right echo chamber. Why do you think I'm here on a board that 95% of posters completely disagree with me (and many despise me for my Christian and libertarian beliefs). I want to hear the other side. I want to discuss civilly the problems with this. Because I loved these characters growing up and I want to see stories with them that are well written and interest me again.

You say this entirely unironically, as if thinking everyone who disagrees with you is a bigot isn't the literal definition of bigotry.
    True.

I must say that I'm tired of this idea that any franchise that has historically been seen as progressive, or having a bit more socio-political depth than the average mainstream media product, is now automatically the exclusive preserve of whoever is the standard-bearer of the 'left-wing' today.

And if anything, the X-men franchise has shown us that life isn't as simple as good vs. evil (or, as a lot of 'progressives' would have it, left vs. right). I mean, the conflicts in the franchise are multifaceted with a number of factions. You have the X-men. You have Magneto and the Brotherhood. You have human allies like Moira MacTaggert, and human enemies like Henry Peter Gyrich. You have the Friends of Humanity. And then you have the likes of Senator Kelly who reflect the legitimate anxieties of the human populace while still being open to change. And then of course, there are the ones totally outside the normal scope of the conflict like the Shiar, or operating at a whole different level of it, like Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Bottom Line...

If someone ever looked at the show and saw something that they believed was "Neutral..."?

They need to hit the optometrist ASAP.

The only way it could have been anything like that is if folks were watching the show and saying to themselves "You Know... Maybe this Gryich guy does have a point..."
    I mean, Gyrich may not...but Kelly probably did. From a totally objective standpoint, the public supporting something like a Mutant Registration Act, or at least wanting the government to have some counter-measures in place against mutants, makes perfect sense. The average person is more concerned about their survival, and the survival of their way of life...not about appearing 'progressive'. And mutant terrorists like Magneto do exist.

But the X-men, through their actions, do change Kelly's mind and open him up to the possibility of human-mutant coexistance, and in a small but significant gesture, he pardons Beast.

The story of Days of Future Past is also a cautionary tale against extremism. The backlash of assasinating the 'bigot' Kelly leads to a decades-long pogorm against mutants, and humanity as a whole.

In a way, you can see this play out in real-life. The rise of extremists on the left, endorsed by 'progressives', has been mirrored by a rise in conservatism and right-wing extremism.

Hey yall, back on here after a long time lol.
    I had my reservations with the first teaser, but the latest featture looks amazing! Im finally excited in full force. Long life to the f**** X-Men!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

The first reactions to X97 are overwhelmingly positive... I'm trying to stay away from any spoilers but I am insanely hyped to watch the first 2 episodes next week. The DeMayo news does somewhat tamper my excitement as the future is now uncertain, although my understanding is that he had completely written the second season as well so it's more of a deferred issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    The first reactions to X97 are overwhelmingly positive... I'm trying to stay away from any spoilers but I am insanely hyped to watch the first 2 episodes next week. The DeMayo news does somewhat tamper my excitement as the future is now uncertain, although my understanding is that he had completely written the second season as well so it's more of a deferred issue.
    Warms my heart to see that there is not one negative review out there yet. Very hyped also to see this next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Good to hear. I’m completely indifferent to the DeMayo news honestly. I had no idea who the creators were the first time around. Why care now? As long as it’s good, don’t care who’s behind the scenes making it happen. Just speaking for me personally of course, but that’s how I’m approaching it.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I'm non-binary myself and it's not like I am bursting with joy that Morph is designated NB like it's amazing how Disney is representing me... I think it's great but it's such a miniscule thing. They could have said Morph is lactose intolerant and I would have the same reaction. It really doesn't matter. I felt the same when Bobby Drake came out in the comics. It doesn't change the character at all in my eyes. So I don't see it as revolutionary or groundbreaking just a cool little thing and I don't expect it to be explored in depth at all.

However the vitriol against it is just insane and it speaks a lot to how trans and NB folk feel about coming out. When I came out, there were the select people who were overjoyed by my journey of self discovery and were excited about my transition and then there were the people who got kind of serious and dour about it, the people who just said "word" and immediately started worrying about pronouns or misgendering me, basically internalizing it instead of just being happy for me. Because it shouldn't be such a big deal to OTHER PEOPLE that I'm NB - it's a big deal for ME. It's MY thing. I don't care if people slip up with pronouns I care more that I'm not perceived differently because I've found definition for my identity.

There isn't a "gay" way of doing things and there isn't a "non binary" way of doing things, it's an internal discovery. When other people who are not the person coming out make such a big deal out of it, it comes off to me like a deeply rooted insecurity. Of course there is the right-wing pure distaste and hatred but across the board it feels like insecurity and also a lack of education.

It's really just as simple as accepting it and moving on. What's the absolute worst that can happen? I'm no fan of Disney's virtue signaling but that's not what this is at all. It's just a thing.

Just speaking based on my experience, I'm sure other people might feel differently about the significance, but to me the most problematic one can do in this situation is keep making mountains out of molehills. Just imagine being a closeted trans person like I was in a room full of cis people talking endlessly about trans and queer stuff in this hyperfocused way. It sucks. Just move on.
    This is an amazing post. I salute you.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if "Jean" has the baby as early as the first episode.
    Based on what has come out on some of the reactions, that plot will pick up in the third episode.

My theory is that a version of "Jean" will show up at the door of the institute, claiming to be the real Jean and being visibly pregnant. And she'll try to drive a watch between Cyclops and Jean, gaslighting them into questioning their own memories. But it's all just a ploy by Sinister.

But hey...that's just a theory.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

i dont hate DeMayo

But his comment on Emma was horrid and in the point of Toxic Fandom.

Even Jean and Emma are in good terms now.