Page 275 of 335 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 5014

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    How can the x-men recover from this? Cyclops speech already showed so much hurt and rightful anger.

I hope there will be fundamental changes coming going forward. New team member, new costumes, and maybe even a breaking away from Xavier’s dream for a few X-Men members.

This episode was really disturbing. Very well done. But extremely disturbing. Magneto speaking German to the little mutant broke my heart.
    I saw in twitter a lot of rumors that season 1 will end with the team getting new uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I saw in twitter a lot of rumors that season 1 will end with the team getting new uniforms.
    OMG they’re so going New X-Men on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    OMG they’re so going New X-Men on us.
    I don’t think so. Black leather is not selling new action figures. Isn’t this the main idea when they do some creative changes in cartoon designs from season to season? (Power Rangers style)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don’t think so. Black leather is not selling new action figures. Isn’t this the main idea when they do some creative changes in cartoon designs from season to season? (Power Rangers style)
    Gasp, the art-style will change to look like Frank Quitely's!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm not crying, you're crying...

IMG_3199.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

IMG_3199.jpg

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Fantastic Member

I finally got Disney+ and started this because of everything I heard about this episode, although I've been keeping up with all the hubub about the show. Who would have thought something made for us old ass 90s kids would turn out to be legitimately good instead of pure nostalgia bait? Especially since adult me I doesn't really love TAS anymore. I see it as very cheesy and in all ways inferior to Evolution.

Although I will say I can't get over Wolverine's VA. I can't take him seriously. He just sounds like an old man. I loved his performance in TAS but the ravages of time made them drop Jean's VA because she can no longer play a 20-something. Wolverine's VA can no longer play a badass eternal "30-something"

Ray Chase does a phenomenal impersonation of TAS Cyclops. Bravo.

Anyway, I heard a lot about how Episode 3 was great but some criticized it for being rushed. I have to agree with both sentiments. It went way, way too fast, especially the beginning.

Episode 5 avoided this flaw and as a result it was hands down the best episode so far. Yes, a whole helluva lot began and ended in just one episode, but it felt...earned. It started slow, it built up, then it climaxed in teh most spectacular fashion.

I wish from the bottom of my heart Evolution could get this treatment. Bring back the original writers and the (remaining) VAs and let them cut loose with actual blood and death and give us that tragically cancelled fifth season. Maybe...someday

But yeah, back to '97. I think they came out guns blazing to try and make this season a success. It clearly worked. I hope this means the next seasons can take their time. I loved how Justice League started off for the first two seasons as nothing but two-parters. Something like that is my ideal for this kind of show.
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-11-2024 at 02:19 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I think Lifedeath 2 is going to have an A story about Storm, and B story about the X-Men mourning Genosha and Gambit (and Magneto if he’s actually dead) - two plots about grief and ‘lifedeath’

that would be great and it could be like a call to action where former allies from the past officially join atleast for the season.. colossus, nightcrawler ??
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post

IMG_3199.jpg
    Who drew this?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Who drew this?
    Lukas Werneck
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I'm starting to wonder if they re-introduced Kurt to set up him replacing Gambit on the team.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if they re-introduced Kurt to set up him replacing Gambit on the team.
    Same. I thought that bit of him an Gambit teaming up in the intro was gonna be did this episode but I saw it the opening and after this episode I don't think it's happening anytime soon. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Same. I thought that bit of him an Gambit teaming up in the intro was gonna be did this episode but I saw it the opening and after this episode I don't think it's happening anytime soon. ��
    I think that shot of him and shirtless Logan facing off against something in one of the trailers will actually happen in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    She's just not the focus of this series and that's it.
    Once again spinning things. Nobody said she should be the focus of the series. You're taking valid complaints about an important element of this event being omitted for arbitrary, biased reasons and trying to spin it as people thinking the whole cartoon should be about that one element.

If there was no intentional attempt to ignore her, she would've had her part in this.

I'm curious, I haven't read all your posts, but where is your anger regarding Cassandra Nova not being included? Because I feel the most significant players in EoE are Cassandra, Charles, Magneto (in a sort of phantom way at first), Genosha as a concept, and then the rest of the team.
    Thanks for pointing out another character wronged in this. So far I have Polaris, Emma Frost, and Cassandra Nova.

You're not going to see me as angry for Cassandra Nova because I'm a Polaris fan. My emotions are most strongly tied to Polaris. That doesn't mean I don't care about other characters getting wronged. It means you're going to see me more ardently argue in defense of the things I most care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I'm going to give you some general advice that will likely be taken as a personal attack. So be it.

You need to drop that attitude. You are literally part of .2% of the human species that has watched this episode and been annoyed and dissatisfied.

Your demand for perfect parity with past continuity with previous series or x comics will lead to escalating bitterness and irritation across your entire life. And most importantly, you will have earned that bitterness and don't deserve better so long as you keep that attitude.
    I'd say it's more than .2%. Though even if I was the only person, it wouldn't make me wrong. Framing it that way tells me you're a fan that doesn't like the complaints and wants to minimize them. As for "perfect" parity, nobody's said it requires absolute perfection. Just the essentials. Or perhaps Captain America and Magneto fans would be wrong to complain if World War II set Marvel content suddenly got told with it acting like Captain America and Magneto were never there?

It's not even perfect parity that's important. It's parity with respect to one singular fictional character in a whole universe. Nothing and no one else comes close to mattering. That's called obsession and it's going to eat them alive.
    I find this new approach to shooting the messenger interesting because it's false. Neither of you knows me. You're seeing one part of me and deciding it's the only thing that exists.

For the record, none of the responses to my complaints thus far have been any different from things I've seen and dealt with over the past couple decades. They're common reactions from fans of a project when faced with complaints they don't like. We're in the period where hype and propaganda has an outsize presence. The true picture comes after the project's done, and fans of that project don't feel like they have to rush to defend it anymore.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-11-2024 at 08:53 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's more accurate to say Polaris is supposed to be integral to the Genosha storyline, but Beau and his people did the typical thing nostalgia-based assholes do of deciding she doesn't "deserve" such big stories and handing them off to other characters they respect more.
    Yeah, the more I see of the new show, the more vapid and shallow the fanservice seems.

Like we see Magneto ruling Genosha, we have Nightcrawler show Rogue and Gambit how awesome it is..... and except the Morlocks... not a single character from when we last saw it other than Magneto. There were dozens of Mutants there in the ending of TAS season 5. Where are ANY OF THEM???