Page 278 of 332 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4980
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So, Jean, Cyclops, and Rogue are all traumatized. Gambit is dead. Storm is powerless. Bishop has gone Marty McFly. Magneto. Also dead.

So, what are we thinking is next?
    Wolverine looses his adamantium?
    Dark Beast?
    Vampire Jubilee?
    Jubilee had her episode. About growing up.
    But you forgot about Morph.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    My favorite thing about the show is how they've kept the Wolverine shilling at a minimum and let other characters take the spotlight. I hope it doesn't change in season 2 with the showrunner gone though
    Yep. I like Wolverine as much as the next guy, but I like that this is an ensemble show where the other characters actually matter.

They should spin Wolverine out into his own show. Then everyone gets what they want.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Banshee got disintegrated, didn't he? And we saw Callisto laying there as her pupil fixed, so I think it's safe to say those two are dead. It was harder to tell with Moira, Dazzler, etc. They were shown with their eyes shut. It seemed odd to specifically show Callisto with the glazed, open eye (which is generally how dead people look) while showing the others with their eyes closed.

Then again, Callisto had just died at that moment, so maybe it was just that someone had already closed the eyes of the others since they'd died sooner. Hard to say.
    "How many fan favorites can we bring back only to quickly kill off in one episode?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    They should spin Wolverine out into his own show. Then everyone gets what they want.
    It could work. But don't have him stray from the X-Men, just balance everyone out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I think the cartoon has a chance of finally doing this right. When this event hit in New X-Men the main team seemed to not care very much. By keeping Polaris and Emma out of it we can have some proper mutant grief, we don't have to waste this arc on characters that had no development in the show.
    It's impact on the rest of the Marvel universe was also close to nothing in the comics.

A whole nation of 16 million people gets wiped out by a giant killer robot in less than a day, which someone managed to build in complete secrecy without the help of any nation and their industry and the world just shrugs, while the geopolitical situation remains largely the same.

Apparently because the mutants are so supremely hated and disregarded by everyone else on Earth, that it doesn't matter and nobody is bothered that there are secret walking WMDs in the hands of an unknown group of extremist, with the possibility that more could just pop up from nowhere and destroy any other major city with millions of people around the globe next.

Meanwhile something much smaller in scope and death toll happens in New York and the world is thrown into chaos, with the after effects still lingering 23 years later.

Of course the reason for this lack of impact is that a. events in the X-men comics can't dictate the state of the entire Marvel comic universe and b. real world events and deaths take priority over fictional ones.

But a purely X-men focused adaptation like this could have that freedom.

To show how the world is shocked, confused and uncertain about what just happens and changing as a result. Even if it might just be a "future vision".

After all if a whole nation of super humans can be wiped out by it by someone so quickly, what chance would other nation with their conventational armies stand if the same happens to them?

However given that an adaptation of Operation Zero Tolerance is up next, where Sentinel technology is once again employed against mutants and on US soil too, it seems the opposite will once again be the case. The world will shrug, because it's "just mutants" and the survivors will have targets on their back.

Let's wait and see.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-11-2024 at 11:04 AM.

Fantastic Member

Looks like we're getting more Nightcrawler.

Incredible Member

Well, there are rumors about Nightcrawler joining the X-Men. He will probably join the team by the end of the season. I have a feeling that we will also be seeing Colossus and Magik soon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    From the new trailer we’re getting a Logan and Kurt episode.

Mighty Member

You know... on the whole adaptation debate that I missed, I believe people were just complaining a couple weeks back about Madelyn Pryor's name coming out of nowhere for the sole reason that it was like that in the comic. Or even complaints about Magik showing up as one of Morph's cameos when we last saw her was as a child. When it comes to an adaptation, especially one that is a continuation they have to still adhere to the continuity established in that world to have any cohesion (Honestly I would have just changed Jean's friend's name to Madelyn to give SOMETHING to work with on why Madelyn chose her name other than "it's like that in the comics").

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know... on the whole adaptation debate that I missed, I believe people were just complaining a couple weeks back about Madelyn Pryor's name coming out of nowhere for the sole reason that it was like that in the comic. Or even complaints about Magik showing up as one of Morph's cameos when we last saw her was as a child. When it comes to an adaptation, especially one that is a continuation they have to still adhere to the continuity established in that world to have any cohesion (Honestly I would have just changed Jean's friend's name to Madelyn to give SOMETHING to work with on why Madelyn chose her name other than "it's like that in the comics").
    I like the theory that if Nathan were a girl, she would have named him Madelynn. And that’s where she got the name from.

Sorry Rachel fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post

Looks like we're getting more Nightcrawler.
    I really wonder how Cap factors into it.

He did appear in the show before in season 5 (he was even in X-Men Evolution)!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Well, there are rumors about Nightcrawler joining the X-Men. He will probably join the team by the end of the season. I have a feeling that we will also be seeing Colossus and Magik soon.
    after last episode it’s all hands on deck.. all the allies needs step it up and report to westchester
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really wonder how Cap factors into it.

He did appear in the show before in season 5 (he was even in X-Men Evolution)!
    I'd imagine they will have the X-Men livid at the Avengers because of how they never helped the Mutants before when they decide to intervene to stop the X-Men from getting justice.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    My favorite thing about the show is how they've kept the Wolverine shilling at a minimum and let other characters take the spotlight. I hope it doesn't change in season 2 with the showrunner gone though
    Agreed, it's nice to see that the other members of the cast has a lot of focus. It makes the moments that Logan participate better.