Page 348 of 348 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348
Results 5,206 to 5,218 of 5218

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Rogue sided with Magento would have no shock moment because of the love triangle. I think Cyke will be the one who will leave Xavier and join Mags in the next episode.

I think that Xavier, Wolverine, Kurt, Morph, Jean, Storm and Forge will be opposite to Mags, Cyke, Rogue, Beast and Cable.
    I agree with this split. I would add Jubilee, Bishop and Sunspot to Storm’s team. And maybe Archangel, Psylocke, Emma and Iceman to Cyclopse’s.

I just hope this season builds up to Onslaught but does not rush it. I have a fear they could try and cram this in the last two’s episodes. I hope not.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

First adaptation in years to do Scott justice and then suddenly everyone wants him to turn into a villain for shock value. Lmao. Scott should and must stand with Xavier

I don’t see people advocating for him to turn into a villain. Just joining a more radical team. A lot of people (like myself) likes him better when he’s less boyscoutt. I never like the good boy heroes like Cap or Superman.

Anyway. I think next episode we’ll get Wolverine narrating the “Previously” part and maybe loose his adamantium and then maybe Professor does the last one and turns into Onslaught at the very end as a cliffhanger.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I don’t see people advocating for him to turn into a villain. Just joining a more radical team. A lot of people (like myself) likes him better when he’s less boyscoutt. I never like the good boy heroes like Cap or Superman.

Anyway. I think next episode we’ll get Wolverine narrating the “Previously” part and maybe loose his adamantium and then maybe Professor does the last one and turns into Onslaught at the very end as a cliffhanger.
    Magneto is a villain in this show unlike his later iterations such as the one working with Scott during the Utopian era

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    You're def watching with some kind of pessimistic shroud over you. Cyclops has been written so well, I don't know what you're talking about. Every episode he's in he has been shown in a leadership position.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah...its very hard to say Cyclops is being written terribly this has been one of the best appearances he has been ever.
    Cyclops has been written well and arguably the best in a televised medium.

That being said I would like to give my reasoning why I feel Xavier's return short-changed both Cyclops and Storm's leadership opportunity.

To put it simply neither Cyclops and Storm managed to establish themselves as leaders or showcase the difference between their version of X-Men and Xavier's.

Now in comics (and other works) things are cyclical:

1) The old-leader goes away.
    2) New leaders come in.
    3) They have a few arcs/story-lines showing their leadership. - How they surpass the old, how they fail to surpass the old, how they differ from the old.
    4) Old leader returns.

That's the basic cycle.

Problem with X-Men 97 :- They skipped Step 3.

We got Step 2. Storm and Cyclops came in as leaders. They had a few flashy lines etc but nothing substantial. (To be fair I think Storm got short-changed more then Scott here in terms of leadership-flash and deserves a bit more)

We did not get Step 3. This was the First Season and the first challenge/story-line they faced.

And...Xavier came back to solve things.

So it ends up feeling less that the torch was passed and more Xavier asked Scott & Ororo to hold it while he went to the bathroom.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Rogue sided with Magento would have no shock moment because of the love triangle. I think Cyke will be the one who will leave Xavier and join Mags in the next episode.

I think that Xavier, Wolverine, Kurt, Morph, Jean, Storm and Forge will be opposite to Mags, Cyke, Rogue, Beast and Cable.
    I think Rogue would side with Magneto because Gambit was pretty much her Illyanna, if we're doing parallels to the original story.

I feel like Cyke is going to be in a much better place now that he has his son back, his relationship with Jean is improving, and Professor X is back.

I know people want Rightclops but this doesn't feel like the moment because I don't think he's going to support Magneto going to war with humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Cyke is going to be in a much better place now that he has his son back, his relationship with Jean is improving, and Professor X is back.

I know people want Rightclops but this doesn't feel like the moment because I don't think he's going to support Magneto going to war with humanity.
    Rightclops did not work for Magneto. Magneto worked for Rightclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Rightclops did not work for Magneto. Magneto worked for Rightclops.
    Yeah, and basically I don't think the X-Men as a whole can condone what Magneto did or will do because however right it feels coming off of Genosha, a lot of innocent people are going to die (and probably did after that EMP).

Even the Prime Sentinels are victims, or at least some of them are, even if they can't really do anything to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, and basically I don't think the X-Men as a whole can condone what Magneto did or will do because however right it feels coming off of Genosha, a lot of innocent people are going to die (and probably did after that EMP).

Even the Prime Sentinels are victims, or at least some of them are, even if they can't really do anything to save them.
    Yeah and because the show is adapting stories where X-Men actually acted like superheroes, I don't see them joining him.

Spectacular Member

Not sure if this was covered, but Demayo stated (couple of yrs ago?) that there would be no Scott and Emma cuz he wanted Scott and Jean together. Since he's out for season 3, we could get a Scott / Emma pairing. Wow! Feige's thinking ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Not sure if this was covered, but Demayo stated (couple of yrs ago?) that there would be no Scott and Emma cuz he wanted Scott and Jean together. Since he's out for season 3, we could get a Scott / Emma pairing. Wow! Feige's thinking ahead!
    I've also heard rumors about Feige being a Scemma shipper. Makes sense

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Emma moving forward.

I also assume Stryker will be a bigger deal in season 2.