Page 308 of 349 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5231

Oooh, so this Wednesday might be when we see Cable again. Nice. Hope you’re right and that’s what “Bright Eyes” is referring to here.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    https://www.rocketleague.com/en/news...x-men-97-event

X-Men ‘97 is coming to Rocket League from April 23rd - May 7th!! Additionally, leakers are claiming that this might possibly coincide with Fortnite skins for Jubilee, Cyclops, Jean, and Magneto… since Fortnite has an update on the 23rd, too!
    Thanks for posting. Those additions to Fortnite are great to go alongside Wolverine, Storm, Dark Phoenix, Rogue, Gambit, Psylocke, Mystique, X-23, Cable, Deadpool, and Domino.

As I said in another thread: Disney+ added X-Men 97 to the MCU Multiverse Saga section. Despite the fact that the creator said that the show wasn't canon to the MCU and is it's own thing.

ia0If5k.jpg

Obviously, this wasn't planned in advance otherwise it would have been added to the section from the start. The show's popularity has clearly exceeded Disney/Marvel's expectations and now they're trying to use it to create good publicity for the MCU (because they REALLY need it). lol

I think the X-Men might overtake the Avengers as the most popular superhero team in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    As I said in another thread: Disney+ added X-Men 97 to the MCU Multiverse Saga section. Despite the fact that the creator said that the show wasn't canon to the MCU and is it's own thing.

ia0If5k.jpg

Obviously, this wasn't planned in advance otherwise it would have been added to the section from the start. The show's popularity has clearly exceeded Disney/Marvel's expectations and now they're trying to use it to create good publicity for the MCU (because they REALLY need it). lol

I think the X-Men might overtake the Avengers as the most popular superhero team in the near future.
    The fact that nobody can even tell who's an Avenger anymore in the movies certainly doesn't help their case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post

ia0If5k.jpg

I'm pretty sure there is a interview somewhere where Fiege stated that X-Men 97' was apart of the MCU multiverse. But hopefully that was an error or I am miss remembering.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

It is just kind of funny to me that Gambit's original VA showed up trying to prevent an event that ended up killing Gambit.

I still feel like Lawrence Bayne could still voice Cable given his X-Cutioner performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I understand why the pacing is the way that it is. But I'm saying that these stories don't serve any real narrative or character purpose the way that they're doing them. Inferno did serve a purpose, despite the pacing and has ramifications for multiple characters as a result. Storm, arguably, had some character growth and fell in love with Forge, but there's still a feeling that she's pretty much right back to where she was at the start of the season, just with a new costume.

The Magneto thing, I guess we'll see. But so far, it's looking like he's just getting put back to factory settings as a character and him leading the X-Men didn't really do anything to advance the plot or his character.

The pacing is less the concern for me than just throwing in a bunch of plot lines that don't go anywhere or end up advancing the characters or story. It's a waste of time to set things up that have no payoff or purpose in the narrative.
    Well, thematically we've seen the X-Men coming off a high of pro-Mutant buzz at the start of the season and Magneto slowly coming around to the idea of co-existence to the point of being willing to change himself and lead his people to a more peaceful path with humans...until it ends up blowing up all in their faces and showing that co-existence might not be or never will be an option. Which is probably going to be the driving arc of the next few episodes.

So I think it's advancing in that sense. Even if a character is regressing, there's a point to it and it's handled in a way where it makes sense even if it wasn't quite paced out as much as it could have been.

I also think Storm's regaining of her powers and confidence will make a counterpoint to the characters that are obviously dealing with a lot emotionally and aren't as secure in themselves as they used to be (especially Scott and Jean).
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm pretty sure there is a interview somewhere where Fiege stated that X-Men 97' was apart of the MCU multiverse. But hopefully that was an error or I am miss remembering.
    They even used the same sorcerey effects as in the Dr. Strange movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It is just kind of funny to me that Gambit's original VA showed up trying to prevent an event that ended up killing Gambit.

I still feel like Lawrence Bayne could still voice Cable given his X-Cutioner performance.

Well, thematically we've seen the X-Men coming off a high of pro-Mutant buzz at the start of the season and Magneto slowly coming around to the idea of co-existence to the point of being willing to change himself and lead his people to a more peaceful path with humans...until it ends up blowing up all in their faces and showing that co-existence might not be or never will be an option. Which is probably going to be the driving arc of the next few episodes.

So I think it's advancing in that sense. Even if a character is regressing, there's a point to it and it's handled in a way where it makes sense even if it wasn't quite paced out as much as it could have been.

I also think Storm's regaining of her powers and confidence will make a counterpoint to the characters that are obviously dealing with a lot emotionally and aren't as secure in themselves as they used to be (especially Scott and Jean).

They even used the same sorcerey effects as in the Dr. Strange movies.
    Yeah, you're right. I hadn't thought about Magneto's story in relation to the general idea of the season being this hopeful time for mutants that gets cruelly ruined. That's a good point.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 04-20-2024 at 07:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I generally just assume all the different shows and movies and cartoons all exist in the Marvel multiverse. Honestly, that's been my understanding of all the different cartoons and versions since I was a kid.

I hope they don't do much in the way of crossing over with X-Men 97, but I don't mind that its canon to the larger Marvel Multiverse.

There was a vague continuity going on with a lot of the 90's cartoons.

Obviously Spider-Man: TAS crossovered with X-Men but the former also had Iron Man/War Machine from their 90's cartoon show up with their VA's and I believe the same was true for the FF when they were brought in during Secret Wars.

Fantastic Member

Thirty Six Hours and less till Episode 7. Finally, we'll have something to talk about. See the aftermath of what happened to Genosha. Get more details on who really died. Will "Bright Eyes" be about Cable or something else? Who will be the real villain in all this? Less than thirty six hours people.

--jthree

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Thirty Six Hours and less till Episode 7. Finally, we'll have something to talk about. See the aftermath of what happened to Genosha. Get more details on who really died. Will "Bright Eyes" be about Cable or something else? Who will be the real villain in all this? Less than thirty six hours people.

--jthree

im expecting cyclops and his X-MEN searching for trask as a plot and bishop/cable/forge?/shard? in future as b plot
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    im expecting cyclops and his X-MEN searching for trask as a plot and bishop/cable/forge?/shard? in future as b plot
    That's what I was thinking.
    --jthree

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was a vague continuity going on with a lot of the 90's cartoons.

Obviously Spider-Man: TAS crossovered with X-Men but the former also had Iron Man/War Machine from their 90's cartoon show up with their VA's and I believe the same was true for the FF when they were brought in during Secret Wars.
    Yeah, and the voice actors for Ironman, Thing, and I believe even Ghost Rider (from his appearance on Fantastic Four) returned to voice their characters on the Hulk's cartoon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah, and the voice actors for Ironman, Thing, and I believe even Ghost Rider (from his appearance on Fantastic Four) returned to voice their characters on the Hulk's cartoon.
    That Ghost Rider appearance in Fantastic Four was hilarious. He shows up out of nowhere, KO's Galactus with the penance stare, and leaves. It's so random.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That Ghost Rider appearance in Fantastic Four was hilarious. He shows up out of nowhere, KO's Galactus with the penance stare, and leaves. It's so random.
    Why didn't we ever try that before ?