Page 316 of 350 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 5248

To read spoilers on an Apple device, just tap “Reply with Quote.”

Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it’s what I do.

Incredible Member

A very intriguing theory from another forum concerning our "new" villain:

spoilers:
    I think this version of Bastion is Graydon Creed

My data points:
    -Friends of the Humanity focus in the first episode, who were toting new, Sentinel-derived tech
    -Rogue and Nightcrawler focus recently, with Mystique potentially lurking in the wings having impersonated Valerie Cooper
    -Sinister makes this Bastion seem like a known quantity from the old show, Bastion himself talks about how he's "evolved." There's been an undercurrent of jealousy to Creed's anti-mutant bigotry due to who his family is, so turning into a killer cyborg from hell would probably be really appealing to him.
    -Getting mauled by Sabretooth (Graydon's implied fate in his last appearance of the old show) would make him a prime candidate to being rebuilt into a cybernetic Sentinel.
    -The scenes with Magneto and Gyrich in this episode were some real serial killer ****. Y'know who's dad was a serial killer???
    -Let's be honest, there's only a handful of notable anti-mutant human bigots, and the guy who turned into Bastion originally was a bit of a nothingburger
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    only bad thing about this episode is that it ended… loved that only wolverine supported rogue decision with Trask
    Jean supported that decision as well. She could've easily used her telekinesis. LOL!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post

spoilers:

My data points:
    -Friends of the Humanity focus in the first episode, who were toting new, Sentinel-derived tech
    -Rogue and Nightcrawler focus recently, with Mystique potentially lurking in the wings having impersonated Valerie Cooper
    -Sinister makes this Bastion seem like a known quantity from the old show, Bastion himself talks about how he's "evolved." There's been an undercurrent of jealousy to Creed's anti-mutant bigotry due to who his family is, so turning into a killer cyborg from hell would probably be really appealing to him.
    -Getting mauled by Sabretooth (Graydon's implied fate in his last appearance of the old show) would make him a prime candidate to being rebuilt into a cybernetic Sentinel.
    -The scenes with Magneto and Gyrich in this episode were some real serial killer ****. Y'know who's dad was a serial killer???
    -Let's be honest, there's only a handful of notable anti-mutant human bigots, and the guy who turned into Bastion originally was a bit of a nothingburger
    end of spoilers
    Ohhh, I like this theory. I'm not sure we're going into this direction, but it'd make things a lot more interesting if true.

Incredible Member

Another amazing episode. Rogue sure was pissed. 2 characters are confirmed to have survived. Plus surprise appearances by 2 non-X-Men characters.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post

spoilers:

My data points:
    end of spoilers
    It’s probably correct. I had forgotten spoilers:
    Graydon was in the show. I couldn’t remember who the prominent candidates were but he makes a good pick since he lacks any real relevance beyond being Creed’s son. So it’s probably him, nice enough pick that they did. It’s always hard with these reveals but if it’s Graydon I think they stuck the landing more then messed it up.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    To read spoilers on an Apple device, just tap “Reply with Quote.”

Maybe not the most elegant solution, but it’s what I do.
    oh my god thank you for this. This whole time I have been copying and pasting to another document
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

spoilers:
    Emma's survival will probably lead to the opening of her Massachusetts Academy, and that's how we get Gen X. Possibly with Kitty or Firestar instead of Jubilee?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Dang, wasn't expecting the death of Gyrich and Trask, much less the cameos of Cap and Ross.

Cyclops' "Never Again Line" gave me shivers; he's on his way to a dark path like the comics.

Oh boy, can't wait to see what Bastion and his "Operation: Zero Tolerance" will bring to X-men and the mutant community
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Do we think, due to the success of this season, that we could get each new season in less then one year time apart from each other? Maybe 8 or 9 months from now we could get the second one?

Does cartoon like this only release one season per year max?
    The goal appears to definitely be a season every year with them renewing the show so early for 2 & 3 (why they dont go all in with 50 episodes.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    spoilers:
    Emma's survival will probably lead to the opening of her Massachusetts Academy, and that's how we get Gen X. Possibly with Kitty or Firestar instead of Jubilee?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Firestar and the OG Hellions... who we haven't seen yet. Emma recruiting a team of teen Mutants could just go with the OG Hellions and add a few X-Kids.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    spoilers:
    Also did anyone recognize that woman next to Gambit's brother during his funeral? She reminds me strongly of Aurora from Alpha Flight, but why would Aurora be at Gambit's funeral?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You mean this person?
    MercyLeBeau.jpg
    I think it's Mercy LeBeau Yeah... AFAIK she wasn't in TAS, BUT.... this seems to be couples since it's framed as Jean and Cyclops, and... these two. Remy's brother and presumably his wife.
    end of spoilers

Yeah.... this part of TAS was weird since it re-imagined things more than usual, and it's not clear why.

Spectacular Member Holland Oates's Avatar

This show is the best adaptatation of the X-Men I've ever seen. In just a few episodes, it has beautifully and powerfully illustrated the themes of the X-Men mythos and the interpersonal melodrama, it presents the team as a true ensemble without centering around one particular character, and it has made up for the hack job done to Cyclops and Storm by the Fox movies. This should serve as a blueprint for the MCU reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh my god thank you for this. This whole time I have been copying and pasting to another document
    You're welcome!

Rogue is pissed! I think she is going to accept Magneto's offer to be his queen and side with him in the end.

Fantastic Member

Wish all these preview trailers would show scenes from upcoming episodes, rather that mostly clips from already seen scenes?

--jthree