Page 269 of 347 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 5192

Warms my Omega level mutant heart to see the show is trending at #1 on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The only thing worse then this is if they made Emma and Shaw both responsible for this due to the Hellfire Clubs funding of Sentinels.
    One thing the modern comics do to a great disservice to the setting... Sentinels are designed as super-human law enforcement. Using them to hunt Mutants is NOT their intended purpose. So to that end it DOES make sense for Shaw to be interested. He wants expendable super-mooks.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Because inaccuracies and omissions get repeated in subsequent adaptations. This is Beau DeMayo and everyone under him giving a big "f you" to these characters and everything about them, and trying to pass his biases off to future adaptations. I'm not putting up with that, and I will fight tooth and nail to preserve this aspect of Lorna despite his apparent hate for everything she is outside the bounds of his nostalgia.
    I'll give you this bolded here because it's true and why I'm not screaming from the rafters about Rachel's exclusion. Rachel was removed from the Days of Future Past episodes in the original TAS. 10 yr old me was not happy that Bishop was subsequently given her timeline and story. Which 20 years later was then done again on film. To this day most non-comics fans don't know that DoFP has nothing to do with Bishop. At this point there's nothing to be done as it's been entrenched in minds for 30 years.

They could have, and maybe still can have, Lorna be part of this in the same way they did the comics where post event she's been shown to have been there and survived. I still think there is some truth to this being undone by Cable in later episodes...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Oh I can give you a convincing argument we won't see Lorna have any significant role in X-Men 97. She isn't Magneto's daughter in this series, so why would she have that development from this adaption of E for Extinction? Her only memorable role in X-Men TAS was leaving Bobby for Havok.

Speaking of which I think that's him making ice cream treats from his cart. He looks like X-men TAS Bobby anyways.
    Salarta has mentioned several times that Lorna was already tied to Genosha before E for Extinction even happened. She has ties to Genosha indepedent of her being Magneto's daughter as that didnt come till later. I also mentioned that a perfect in universe way to get her there was via X-Factor which is a government sanctioned mutant team. Them being used as liasons to a new country entering the UN would have made sense

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'll give you this bolded here because it's true and why I'm not screaming from the rafters about Rachel's exclusion. Rachel was removed from the Days of Future Past episodes in the original TAS. 10 yr old me was not happy that Bishop was subsequently given her timeline and story. Which 20 years later was then done again on film. To this day most non-comics fans don't know that DoFP has nothing to do with Bishop. At this point there's nothing to be done as it's been entrenched in minds for 30 years.

They could have, and maybe still can have, Lorna be part of this in the same way they did the comics where post event she's been shown to have been there and survived. I still think there is some truth to this being undone by Cable in later episodes...
    Why would Lorna be there though? She only went there in the comics because of Magneto, but in the animated series they are not related (yet). I understand being upset that she wasn't part of the adaption of the event but she never had any positive build up whatsoever in the animated series, so using her in any form would just confuse casual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Salarta has mentioned several times that Lorna was already tied to Genosha before E for Extinction even happened. She has ties to Genosha indepedent of her being Magneto's daughter as that didnt come till later. I also mentioned that a perfect in universe way to get her there was via X-Factor which is a government sanctioned mutant team. Them being used as liasons to a new country entering the UN would have made sense
    The ties were because of Magneto. She went there to help him after The Twelve. In this series Magneto did not take part in governance of Genosha apparently until now.
    Last edited by Zoks; 04-10-2024 at 10:46 AM.

The ties were because of Magneto. She went there to help him after The Twelve. In this series Magneto did not take part in governance of Genosha apparently until now.
    Yeah but you ignored my solution which has absolutely nothing to do with Magneto

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah but you ignored my solution which has absolutely nothing to do with Magneto
    X-Factor is Forge's team in this series. He's dealing with Storm right now, and I'm not sure if they are even active anymore.

I say we be fair. Since Gambit stole Lorna's spotlight in EoE Lorna should lead the Marauders into massacring what's left of the Morlocks.
    Holding a cup of coffee while doing so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One thing the modern comics do to a great disservice to the setting... Sentinels are designed as super-human law enforcement. Using them to hunt Mutants is NOT their intended purpose. So to that end it DOES make sense for Shaw to be interested. He wants expendable super-mooks.
    Wasn't that explicitly what Boliviar Trask created the Mark I Sentinels for and had them presented as such on live television?

Followed by Larry's Mark IIs with much of the same intention and purpose (and death of the creator when realizing what they have created and how it endangers all of humanity)?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

To this day most non-comics fans don't know that DoFP has nothing to do with Bishop. At this point there's nothing to be done as it's been entrenched in minds for 30 years.
    Nothing has to be done about it. Some people just don't like reading. Adaptations offer a way to enjoy a story in multiple ways.

X-Factor is Forge's team in this series. He's dealing with Storm right now, and I'm not sure if they are even active anymore.
    Multiple Man is on X-Factor and he was in this episode. Its not Forge's team. Its still a government team and at the very last Polaris could have been there with Jamie to represent the US in an official government capacity

Oh I can give you a convincing argument we won't see Lorna have any significant role in X-Men 97. She isn't Magneto's daughter in this series, so why would she have that development from this adaption of E for Extinction? Her only memorable role in X-Men TAS was leaving Bobby for Havok.

Speaking of which I think that's him making ice cream treats from his cart. He looks like X-men TAS Bobby anyways.
    Again, Lorna wasn't confirmed as Magneto's daughter when the Genoshan genocide happened either. That's actually why you don't see me complaining about THAT not being acknowledged. Even before that confirmation, Lorna was still treated respectfully in the context of Genosha. Unlike this cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    get your popcorn because you're about to seem some Olympic level mental gymnastics.
    Was that enough gymnastics for you?

Thanks for posting this and sharing your context and experience. I hope it's possible to fix things in this regard for Rachel in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Holding a cup of coffee while doing so.
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the comics' next appearance for Lorna ends up being her having sex with a cup of coffee.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Again, Lorna wasn't confirmed as Magneto's daughter when the Genoshan genocide happened either. That's actually why you don't see me complaining about THAT not being acknowledged. Even before that confirmation, Lorna was still treated respectfully in the context of Genosha. Unlike this cartoon.
    She was still on the island in the first place because of Magneto. It wasn't until a few years later that she figured out he was her biological father but she initially went to the island to help Magneto manage it. But in this universe she has no relationship with him. The only time they were remotely close to each other on screen was the Phalanx episode, and even then I don't think they shared a screen, they just happened to be in the same area. I don't think she even had a line in that episode. I'm not trying to dismiss Lorna's role in the comics, but in this series? They screwed the pooch with her thirty years ago and never fixed it. Suddenly having her play a major role in Genosha wouldn't make much sense. I suppose technically she could have played Nightcrawler's role but unlike her at least Nightcrawler was still likeable from the original series.
    Last edited by Zoks; 04-10-2024 at 11:25 AM.

She was still on the island in the first place because of Magneto. It wasn't until a few years later that she figured out he was her biological father but she initially went to the island to help Magneto manage it. But in this universe she has no relationship with him. The only time they were remotely close to each other on screen was the Phalanx episode, and even then I don't think they shared a screen, they just happened to be in the same area. I don't think she even had a line in that episode. I'm not trying to dismiss Lorna's role in the comics, but in this series? They screwed the pooch with her twenty years ago and never fixed it. Suddenly having her play a major role in Genosha wouldn't make much sense. I suppose technically she could have played Nightcrawler's roll but unlike her at least Nightcrawler was still likeable from the original series.
    Lorna having that kind of a role in this series would make sense if they actually did the bare minimum for it to make sense.

I don't really agree with the "showing up as part of X-Factor" idea. I think it would've been perfectly doable to bring Lorna in under the same basic concept as what got her there in the comics (agreeing with Magneto's ideas and wanting to support him; people keep saying adaptations are allowed to change things, so Lorna doesn't need Havok appearing to die to get her there). But even while I don't agree with that idea, I can acknowledge it's definitely another way she could've been there for what happens on Genosha.

There's really no excuse for Beau and the people under him. If you believe adaptations are allowed to change things, then you're also opening the door to the argument that this adaptation could have handled things differently to do right by the essentials. And if you believe adaptations have to be mostly true to the source material, like the "she wasn't there for E For Extinction" argument opens up, then Lorna should've been present on Genosha somewhere when this hit. Even if it's just standing in the background. There's no out that excuses the cartoon for being disrespectful and asinine about this.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

She was still on the island in the first place because of Magneto. It wasn't until a few years later that she figured out he was her biological father but she initially went to the island to help Magneto manage it. But in this universe she has no relationship with him. The only time they were remotely close to each other on screen was the Phalanx episode, and even then I don't think they shared a screen, they just happened to be in the same area. I don't think she even had a line in that episode. I'm not trying to dismiss Lorna's role in the comics, but in this series? They screwed the pooch with her thirty years ago and never fixed it. Suddenly having her play a major role in Genosha wouldn't make much sense. I suppose technically she could have played Nightcrawler's role but unlike her at least Nightcrawler was still likeable from the original series.
    Additionally one of the issues with television and film is time is a very limited thing - secondary characters often pay the price by being cut out or having their parts shifted to other characters that are already established in the series.

Films can be even worse, even those who are supposed to be main cast members can get mugged for more screentime for the star.
    Dark does not mean deep.