Page 265 of 333 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4981

With Cable there this is most likely getting reset in part.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Like Cable finds a loophole in the destruction of Genosha being a "canon event", by recruiting Magik and have her teleport away the entire population of Genosha the moment the sentinels show up.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I actually hope they do use Cable time travel shenanigan's to save some of the characters who died or seemingly died in this episode. Maybe not prevent the whole event from happening, but saving as many mutants as they possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    I actually hope they do use Cable time travel shenanigan's to save some of the characters who died or seemingly died in this episode. Maybe not prevent the whole event from happening, but saving as many mutants as they possibly can.
    Well 2 of them have been Horseman in the past.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Well 2 of them have been Horseman in the past.
    Resurrection by Apocalypse could work too!

Hope not.
    It would waste all the deepness of what we watched.

With Shaw dead I can't see of anyway to bring him back other then time travel.

People talking about some comic plot points being given to other characters...

Rogue seemingly choosing Magneto, only to choose Gambit, but too late hespoilers:
    sacrifices himself
    end of spoilers....

mirrors Scott/Emma/Jean in Planet X.

But as a Jean diehard, I don't mind... because this is an adaptation and it is great!
    Gambit sacrificing himself to take down an enemy and save Rogue (and this time, many others) is from Ultimate X-Men Annual #1.

He’s even in a suit, with Rogue in a red dress, as she cradles his body in the rubble.

There’s at least ten or so different Gambit/Rogue and Rogue/Magneto (…and Rogue/Joseph) beats they’ve drawn from so far this season. Despite my hatred of that triangle, the deep cuts have been actually pretty impressive lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone think this series might actually be taking place in an alternate timeline? The thing that throws me off is them acting like Xavier is dead. He did NOT die in the original series. He left to go to space with Lilandra. While its plausible that the world may think he is dead but in '97 the X-men are acting as if he is really dead which makes no sense given the series finale. Now with the recent episode planting the seeds for Cable's return, I wonder if we are heading towards a dark future and are due for some time travel/alternate universe shenanigans to fix things that realligns things back to point before Xavier is killed
    The recent episode makes me feel like more than anything that this is gonna happen.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Hope not.
    It would waste all the deepness of what we watched.
    We have to be real. They're not going to leave Gambit and Magneto dead. Half of the female fandom would burn down Disneyland overnight, and the other half would hunt Kevin Fiege down like a fox in England.

Gambit came back as Deathbit and Magneto as a mad old terrorist twat as Xorn

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    We have to be real. They're not going to leave Gambit and Magneto dead. Half of the female fandom would burn down Disneyland overnight, and the other half would hunt Kevin Fiege down like a fox in England.
    I don't think Magneto died.

And I prefer Gambit to return via Apocalypse (ugh, I know) or any other way than this episode being undone.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Gambit came back as Deathbit and Magneto as a mad old terrorist twat as Xorn
    Tell me you hated this episode without saying you hated this episode!

Did you really not enjoy any of this? I was crying by the end.

I'm glad they're actually adapting some of the newer stuff instead of just sticking with Claremont/90's. Makes me hopeful for the Dark Angel Saga.

Some deeps cuts from the comics.

The lake scene with Jean and Logan was a combination of Classic X-Men #18 backstory and New X-Men #117. In Classic 18 backstory, Jean levitates the lake as she is exploring her telekinetic powers (as Phoenix) and is with Logan (and Banshee and Nightcrawler). In New X-Men 117, Jean joins Logan in the woods and talks about her telekinesis coming back (she had lost it in the Revolution era). She also talks about her problems with Scott and she kisses Logan, only for him to say that they wouldn't work as a couple.
    Loved this little detail and it fits perfectly with Logan's character. He's not "holier than thou" he's got a martyr complex. He will victimize himself for the benefit of others. He loves Jean of course, he pines for her, and desires happiness even though he believes he does not deserve it. This creates a constant push/pull dynamic in him where once the things he wants are in reach he will push them away.