Page 284 of 332 FirstFirst ... 184234274280281282283284285286287288294 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4980

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they ever addressed that Polaris was his kid in the episode she was introduced.
    Her parentage revel in the comics happened on Genosha.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Her parentage revel in the comics happened on Genosha.

She worked out her biological relationship in the events building up to Genosha's massacre, which is development that did not happen in the series. Don't forget she's been working with Magneto for some time before she figured out he was her biological dad. As of now in this series we don't even know if they ever met. That's why I'm not too concerned if Polaris was on the island or not, she's not the same as the 616 Polaris. There was no reason for her to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well its not the old show. This didnt come back as Season 6. Its more of a spiritual successor but from the first episode it already felt more adult, dealing with darker themes and allowing for more violence and nuanced plotlines. It feels more like an animated show that would be on MTV after 10pm rather than a Saturday morning cartoon
    Wasn't it advertised as a direct sequel? That's my thing.... if it's not a true sequel.... fine... why brand it as one?

the rating thing is meaningless since the original... really had a.... close relationship with the censorship rules.... One could say intimate attachment to the boundaries....

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    She worked out her biological relationship in the events building up to Genosha's massacre, which is development that did not happen in the series. Don't forget she's been working with Magneto for some time before she figured out he was her biological dad. As of now in this series we don't even know if they ever met. That's why I'm not too concerned if Polaris was on the island or not, she's not the same as the 616 Polaris. There was no reason for her to be there.
    She is not Magneto’s daughter as yet so it doesn’t matter… got it. If you are not a fan you wouldn’t understand as you won’t get any recognizable version of the character with this story excised.

I'd be surprised if the show didn't put Emma on the side of the angels. That's where she's been in comics since 1994. A redemption arc for her would be pretty dope, but it's wait-and-see for now.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Fantastic Member

I wonder if we'll ever see Sabretooth again.

If Magneto survives, I hope this show - which can go a lot more brutal than TAS could - addresses how even villain Magneto could employ a vile monster like Creed.

Spoiler for the season finale

The Red Dragon

She is not Magneto’s daughter as yet so it doesn’t matter… got it. If you are not a fan you wouldn’t understand as you won’t get any recognizable version of the character with this story excised.
    It bears repeating: Genosha may be important to Polaris’ story, but Polaris is not important to Genosha’s story. Genosha the story is beyond her or any one character. She didn’t appear in the original E is for Extinction and she didn’t appear in this adaptation. Both are highly rated. They could have used any other xmen character aside from Rogue, Gambit and Magneto who are not essential to Genosha either. But they used them because they are part of the main cast for this adaption and it worked. Adding a character most of the general audience doesn’t know or care about will weaken the emotional weight of the story.

You guys think Marvel has some hidden agenda against Polaris, but truth of the matter is she doesn’t have the same pull as Rogue, Gambit or Magneto. It’s nothing against the character, it’s business.
    Last edited by Tank; 04-12-2024 at 12:38 PM.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, as comic book readers it's a missed opportunity for Lorna, but if your only exposure to X-Men is the cartoons and movies, you'll only know who Lorna is if you watched Wolverine and the X-Men or the Gifted, neither of which were popular shows. Her appearances in the 92 series were not memorable, and if someone does remember them, they would not have a positive view of Lorna.
    Last edited by Zoks; 04-12-2024 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I'd be surprised if the show didn't put Emma on the side of the angels. That's where she's been in comics since 1994. A redemption arc for her would be pretty dope, but it's wait-and-see for now.
    Y'all really didn't read Generation X. It started with the question "can we trust Emma?" It concluded, decisively, with "no we can not, she's a psychotic murder!" Personally, while Morrison's run was neat, I think Emma works far better as a calculating business woman who will sell you to the highest bidder without batting an eye, not some crybaby school teacher who keeps having her entire classes destroyed under her watch. And she's definitely not a hero. She might occasionally beat up the right person, but her motivations are always selfish. I trust Beau to do the right thing...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm gonna say no, but he might have that same desperation for connection that Rogue has, although for different reasons. He has outlived anyone else he was close to, and seen so much crap that very few can handle understanding what he knows.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Depends on your definition of grooming. If you think it's something that can happen where a mentor takes advantage of someone in their teens, then no, because Rogue was in her early twenties when they met (according to Beau because somebody asked). If you consider age irrelevant, and it's the power the mentor has over the mentee, then yes.

Note: this is only relevant to the show, they had a different relationship in the comics.

Incredible Member

a new X-Men '97 poster has been released

I mean, even if Rogue was somehow already 21 when Mystique took her to the Savage Land(which is in stark contrast to the 616 canon, where she was still like 17 by the time she joined the X-Men, so her Mystique days would have been in the 13-16 year old range, but let's just go with it since it's a different universe/canon), he was like, already 60 by then, and now(1997) approaching 70. I know older men get with younger women all the time in the real world, but in the real world, it's also often a case of a more powerful person taking advantage of a less powerful person. Add to the fact that he was somehow immune to her power that was incredibly socially isolating for her, and it just isn't a good look.

I was surprised they went this way earlier in the season, and when they actually showed their Savage Land days, it definitely felt icky, if not illegal(I guess there's no law in the Savage Land). ESPECIALLY when you consider that in the comics, when Rogue went to the Savage Land after the Siege Perilous, she was definitely at least 18 by then, her powers weren't working, and Magneto was basically like a 30/35 year old physically, and they didn't actually get together then, it was an 'almost' sort of thing, so this version makes it worse. Maybe the AOA version was as bad(since he never age regressed in that timeline), but this one is at least a bit creepy. Gambit's hallucination in episode 3 was on point!
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-12-2024 at 01:27 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!