Page 124 of 346 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 5189

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Jean is apparently pregnant in the series.

lolololololol.
    So we're going to get dad Daclops. Could be great for his character.

Sinister is the main villain of the season.
    How high are chances he cloned Jean and replaced with Madelyne and Cyke didn`t even notice?

X-Men 97 toys

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    How high are chances he cloned Jean and replaced with Madelyne and Cyke didn`t even notice?
    This would be the best case scenario.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

It's possible, but why would Sinister want a clone Jean giving birth over the actual Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    This would be the best case scenario.
    How would Jean not being present at all be an improvement over being pregnant?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's possible, but why would Sinister want a clone Jean giving birth over the actual Jean?

Either choice is shit for the character, but that’s about par for the course for this animated version. Beau proudly carrying on the tradition that the Lewalds started.

Did you read the original story and know who's involved?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Did you read the original story and know who's involved?
    Yes, and it led to a convoluted story. Madelyne doesn't really fit in with the story of the cartoon. At best, I can see her being a surrogate mother Sinister uses if he were to kidnap a possible Cable. Otherwise, I don't see how a Jean clone, thinking she is Jean, would be a good or necessary representation of Madelyne. The original cartoon took its own liberties. I feel like this one will probably do the same or something similar.

Everything is still up in the air at this point.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Yes, and it led to a convoluted story. Madelyne doesn't really fit in with the story of the cartoon. At best, I can see her being a surrogate mother Sinister uses if he were to kidnap a possible Cable. Otherwise, I don't see how a Jean clone, thinking she is Jean, would be a good or necessary representation of Madelyne. The original cartoon took its own liberties. I feel like this one will probably do the same or something similar.

Everything is still up in the air at this point.
    The Dark Phoenix Saga is extremely convoluted and they interpreted it perfectly for a kids show. Of course she could fit in a cartoon or wherever. We don't know the story of this season yet and anything can be made possible. We just know the main villain is a eugenicist that lives in between time and on a dinosaur island where mutant powers don't work... The show was weird and that's what made it a success.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 07-21-2023 at 08:20 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Jean is apparently pregnant in the series.

lolololololol.
    It's Rachel time.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Time jump is a narrative tool that can be used. There might be just a montage of Jean pregnant and then the baby is born. That might just be the way to explain Cable's existance, since the Dark Phoenix Saga ended differently in the cartoon and having Madelyne in the picture wouldn't make much sense for this story line.

Or anyone else for that matter.

But Madelyn was created as a surrogate Jean (even if she eventually grew into her own character) and her whole introductory story wouldn't happen without Jean being dead. Which is for the best, IMO. It's a very convoluted story that doesn't fit the adaptation changes made for the series.

There are other ways to bring her in if they want.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Was there a panel about the cartoon? Where did all these infos came from?

Here are better pics from the toys. They all look super sharp. I think they came out amazing:

magneto.jpg
    wolverine.jpg
    storm.jpg

Finally a Storm figure with blue eyes. At first I did not love the mohawk with this costume but is growing more and more on me. She looks fierce.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Here are the rest. These three look specially hot:

bishop.jpg
    rogue.jpg
    gambit.jpg

I bet wave two will be : Cyclops, Jean, Jubilee, Beast, Sinister and Morph (but I'm hoping for the White Queen).
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Time jump is a narrative tool that can be used. There might be just a montage of Jean pregnant and then the baby is born. That might just be the way to explain Cable's existance, since the Dark Phoenix Saga ended differently in the cartoon and having Madelyne in the picture wouldn't make much sense for this story line.
    Yeah, I’m confused by the anger over this. The new showrunner is clearly a Jean stan. (Hell, he even has a tattoo.) She’s not one of the characters he was bashing in his limited time on social media. She’s clearly going to be prominent. This is probably just a way to give her even more prominence since the OG series already did the Phoenix.

And aside from that - this is far from her only exposure to fans outside of comics. She got a ton of spotlight in the Fox movies, and even has a huge new Zillennial fanbase thanks to Sansa Stark. If anything, it’s fans of other characters who have much more reason to be nervous, especially if this is the only big media exposure they’ve received in decades lmao.