Page 304 of 345 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5171
    Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    What was Deathbird's previous appearance? The last time I remember seeing her was when she tried to overthrow Lilandra. If that was indeed her prior appearance, then IMO she shouldn't be a free woman in this series.

yea lilandra is definitely gonna get overthrown X-MEN will have to return to space to save her butt
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    yea lilandra is definitely gonna get overthrown X-MEN will have to return to space to save her butt
    Imagine if THIS Sunspot and Deathbird start a thing lmao

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Bolivar Trask? He died back in the Silver Age trying to stop Master Mold, he was brought back by Bastion later and killed himself as soon as he was free from Bastion's control.
    His son Larry would share a rather similar fate.
    Believing mutants to be responcible for his father's death, he build the Mark IIs (now the defacto design of the Sentinels in general, including the purple color scheme) and ordered them to inprison all mutants. However Larry himself was a mutant aswell. Since he suffered from his precognitive visions, Bolivar made him a high tech medallion that supressed both his powers and memories, making him unaware of his true nature, until in a fit of rage ordering the Sentinels to kill all mutants.

Like his father, Larry would eventualy recognize the errors of his way and die while trying to stop the Mark IIs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Donald Trask caused the Genosha genocide in the comics and he was a total creep.
    A weak willed, easily manipulated, simpleton. Certainly not the best person to unintentionaly (by genetic relation) have the power to arm a walking WMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Someone has to adopt Austen and Milligan's plotlines. Kurt joined just in time to do the Draco. We'll get Polaris when its time to do What she Saw in Space
    Oh yeah what Season do you think will have X-Statix?

What was Deathbird's previous appearance? The last time I remember seeing her was when she tried to overthrow Lilandra. If that was indeed her prior appearance, then IMO she shouldn't be a free woman in this series.
    There is so much un-stated backstory here that it's hard to say what is going on. Deathbird's personal guard raises more questions than answers.

This episode was a great episode

BUT, neither storyline felt as interesting to me as seeing the X-Men deal with what just happened. This episode isn’t a filler episode at all, but its placement in the season (like episode 4) makes it feel like a filler episode

Forgot to mention, but every complaint I had about the episode gets outweighed by seeing Storm in her classic look, regardless of if her magical-girl-style transformation makes a lick of sense.

EDIT: To clarify, I LIKED her transformation.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 04-18-2024 at 02:26 PM.

Milky Way Ghetto is still oh so funny and reason #28324 why we need to keep having black writers in positions of power.

Forgot to mention, but every complaint I had about the episode gets outweighed by seeing Storm in her classic look, regardless of if her magical-girl-style transformation makes a lick of sense.
    She's the Weather Witch for a reason.

Storm has been able to change her costume with her powers since the first episode of the original TAS, and in the comics.

Doesn’t make sense? If you’re comparing to real life logic, then neither does her flying and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Milky Way Ghetto is still oh so funny and reason #28324 why we need to keep having black writers in positions of power.
    And it was trending for a hot second lollll

The goofy prattling about Storm's magic girl transformation making no sense is amusing considering no one blinked when Maddie gave herself a dominatrix makeover and summoned a hellfire dimension based on... what kind of logic exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The goofy prattling about Storm's magic girl transformation making no sense is amusing considering no one blinked when Maddie gave herself a dominatrix makeover and summoned a hellfire dimension based on... what kind of logic exactly?
    Maybe we're just used unaffected after her Phoenix/Dark Phoenix costume changes in the OG series. We just expect her powers to include telekinesis, telepathy, and costume manipulation. In fact, I feel like in the Dark Phoenix episodes, Jean canonically used her powers to transform her costume into her Marvel Girl costume.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wasn't he fired already, he should have no influence on the show anymore. Also the story they're adapting just put a big death target on Jean
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Storm has been able to change her costume with her powers since the first episode of the original TAS, and in the comics.

Doesn’t make sense? If you’re comparing to real life logic, then neither does her flying and other stuff.
    agreed to both of these points. people seem to be more outraged that ororo used magic while excusing forge doing the same, even though both possessing magical traits aligns to 616.

Nonetheless, I just also wanted to highlight that the themes around adversary were all based in magic. we saw this even with how forge was able to banish adversary with his mother's spell. and if you pay attention ororo was able to "unwarp" the mountain adversary had collapsed in on her before she fully transformed. why folks do not see, without having to say the obvious out loud, there is more to Ororo than just creating weather will always baffle me to a degree, especially the folks who are familiar with 616.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oooh, I wonder if this means the X-Men become divided.
    If Xavier returns, and Magneto is still alive, I could certainly see Cyclops joining Magneto. I wonder who else would be so inclined.
    It seems that Scott's hard times may have radicalized him against humanity. That may make him easier to be swayed. But everything Scott has gone through this year seems so . . . manipulated.

==jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    It seems that Scott's hard times may have radicalized him against humanity. That may make him easier to be swayed. But everything Scott has gone through this year seems so . . . manipulated.

==jthree
    Well, Sinister is the main villain, so...