Page 319 of 350 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5247

I wonder if Bastion is going to try to brainwash Magneto back to factory settings so as to bring back the "Mutant boogeyman" to justify the need for the Prime Sentinels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Rogue probably wasn't herself. She was stressed out, grieving, and also had Henry Gyrich's memories in her head. She used to have a real problem being possessed by the personalities of the people she touched, so this could have been a tragic example of that occuring.
    I am curious if the team is going to have some time to unpack what happened and what it means for them moving forward though they might be too busy with Cable directing them to the Bastion plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Does teasing Bastion being present with presumably the real Dr. Adler in Forge's photograph from Lifedeath Pt. 1 align with this theory timeline wise though?
    That's the only reason I don't subscribe to the theory because it seems like Forge knew Bastion. He might've recognized his handiwork on the Tri-Sentinel that attacked Genosha.

Unless Forge was also involved or at least aware of OZT.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Bastion is going to try to brainwash Magneto back to factory settings so as to bring back the "Mutant boogeyman" to justify the need for the Prime Sentinels.

I am curious if the team is going to have some time to unpack what happened and what it means for them moving forward though they might be too busy with Cable directing them to the Bastion plot.

That's the only reason I don't subscribe to the theory because it seems like Forge knew Bastion. He might've recognized his handiwork on the Tri-Sentinel that attacked Genosha.

Unless Forge was also involved or at least aware of OZT.
    I think we may get a rendition of Planet X (considring parts of Morrison run are already being adapted this season) with Bastion brainwashing Magneto to attack a major city much like Sublime did. This public display of a utant attack will push the government to approve of project OZT and unleash the prime sentinels

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    -storm unwarped the rock adversary was using to crush her.
    -she grew out a full head of hair from a mohawk.
    -she converted adversary, an ancient demon god, into her classic xmen outfit.

this wasn't her mutant powers that allowed her to do that but her ancestral divinity/magic.
    That episode was really underwritten. Beau didn't even really write it, so his comments on Twitter only have but so much weight. Show, don't tell. The show did nothing to explain Storm's magical/divine ancestry, the true nature of the Adversary, or the precise nature of her repowering/etc. You have to project your own head-canon onto it for it to make any sense. I was very disappointed with it considering my sky-high expectations based on their exceptional adaptation of the Maddie/Inferno stuff in #3. I was hoping for all the LifeDeath and Fall of the Mutants stuff to get a similar adaptation, but instead it was just fluffy animation(which I appreciated for what it was), without any exploration of Storm's actual connection to the Bright Lady or mysticism. Weakest episode of the series so far, despite still being a 'fun' watch.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think we may get a rendition of Planet X (considring parts of Morrison run are already being adapted this season) with Bastion brainwashing Magneto to attack a major city much like Sublime did. This public display of a utant attack will push the government to approve of project OZT and unleash the prime sentinels
    Wasn't that the most hilarious retcon of all time?

Like it was supposed to be the definitive end of Magneto, a point of absolutely no return in terms of his crimes, and then he died just to make it more definitive. But later writers were like "uh, we like Magneto and don't like him doing any of this and so he's alive now and it was all Xorn's brother and Sublime's doing!"

I'm not saying they can't go with the retconned version but this never stops being funny.
    Last edited by NK1988; 04-24-2024 at 11:07 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That episode was really underwritten. Beau didn't even really write it, so his comments on Twitter only have but so much weight. Show, don't tell. The show did nothing to explain Storm's magical/divine ancestry, the true nature of the Adversary, or the precise nature of her repowering/etc. You have to project your own head-canon onto it for it to make any sense. I was very disappointed with it considering my sky-high expectations based on their exceptional adaptation of the Maddie/Inferno stuff in #3. I was hoping for all the LifeDeath and Fall of the Mutants stuff to get a similar adaptation, but instead it was just fluffy animation(which I appreciated for what it was), without any exploration of Storm's actual connection to the Bright Lady or mysticism. Weakest episode of the series so far, despite still being a 'fun' watch.
    yes I would have wanted a lot more explanation about the mystical aspects. I totally get why folks who only see her as weather woman would be confused. a friend of mine who watched it with me actually thought the entire time storm hallucinating whenever adversary appeared. the only indication about the mysticism was how forge was able to subdue him with his mother's spell book. that said, if you really breakdown what we saw her do ans what demayo himself said she did, this goes beyond her normal abilities even as an omega.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Another great episode, with my only gripes being Wolverine related haha - it’s getting quite funny how much they’re trying to fix the fact that the original focussed on him a lot…

I know a lot of people will think it’s a bit of ‘justice’ for the other characters, but we could have at least had him get a stab or a slice out of Trask hahaha… and in Madripoor no less! Even one throw away comment about Logan having lived there for a while would have been enough for me

But still, great episode. And using Cable’s theme when he showed up was fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    And given the circumstances it might trick Mutants into helping Magneto.... only to find he's an enemy agent...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Right? I already speculated on possible rosters but the last two episodes brought some new direction for characters that could be interesting. I would guess:

Blue:
    Magneto as the mentor

Cyclops as the leader
    Rogue
    Archangel
    Psylocke
    Sunspot
    Bishop
    Magik

Beast as tech/science support

Gold:
    Professor X as the mentor

Storm as the leader
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Jubilee
    Morph
    Colossus

Forge as tech/science support

Each team has at least two flyers, one Omega, one muscle, one teleporter, one melee, three female members, two POC, one blue mutant, one queer member, one science person and one telepath.

i like these lineups except i doubt jubilee/sunspot split up

but for the others who only appeared as morph cameos id hold off on them unless they appear in the final battle coming up… i think it might just be a split between the active X-MEN (+ cable, bishop, & forge). and then we get new ppl on both side organically next season. and i think jean goes dues ex machina (oops I meant phoenix) and leaves for space at season end
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Another great episode, with my only gripes being Wolverine related haha - it’s getting quite funny how much they’re trying to fix the fact that the original focussed on him a lot…

I know a lot of people will think it’s a bit of ‘justice’ for the other characters, but we could have at least had him get a stab or a slice out of Trask hahaha… and in Madripoor no less! Even one throw away comment about Logan having lived there for a while would have been enough for me

But still, great episode. And using Cable’s theme when he showed up was fantastic
    I don't know why everybody(mostly the Wolverine haters) keep acting like the original show series was so Wolverine focused. Everybody got spotlight on that show and had their own focused episodes each season. Nothing needs fixing, especially if this show is suppose to be a continuation of the OG. The movies are a complete separate entity and should have zero influence on how Wolverine is used in this show. It would be like if Marvel decided to revive that Avengers cartoon and made Iron Man a background character with hardly any dialogue because the MCU was focused mostly on him.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Cyclops was too against Rogue's actions to take her and Magneto's side.
    At the same time the is showing Cylops loosing it more and more with the humans. Even the president this episode. So I do think we’re on route to rebel Scott. In the comics he sided with Magneto in his rebel era.
    A picture would last longer darling...

In anticipation of the 3 part finale, what would be your ranking of each episode so far? For me it would be:

#1: Remember It

Instant classic. A perfect mix of soap opera and action. Huge ramifications, excellent use of music and color, new heights for animated voice acting. Really one of the best episodes of any tv show. The ending makes me tear up even upon rewatches.

#2. Mutant Liberation Begins

Excellent writing(particularly with Magneto and Storm), great action scenes, devastating seeing Storm lose her powers, the ending with Jean showing up was incredible.

#3. Fire Made Flesh

Really impressive adaptation of Maddie/Inferno/baby Nathan stuff. Sinister was executed perfectly. The Goblyn Queen transformation was iconic, and even though I would have loved more Inferno/N'astirh/Sym etc, the brief hellscape scenes were effective. Maddie ate.

#4. Bright Eyes

Straying off the beaten path a bit made for a unique entry. Loved seeing Rogue go rogue, the world building, jet-setting, teamwork, character studies, and the mystery of OZT and the Prime Sentinels. Cable saving the day was well played.

#5 Motendo/LifeDeath pt 1

Best Jubilee ever, in anything. Fun callbacks to the 90's and video games. Best Mojo ever. Really effective adaptation of Uncanny 186, incredible redesign for the Adversary, and the surreal ending had my jaw dropped!

#6. To me my X-Men

A bit clunky and perfunctory, but excellent action scenes with Cyclops and Storm especially. Fun reintroduction to the cast and their situation.

#7. LifeDeath 2

The biggest misfire for me, but still enjoyable. Devastated by the lack of Fall of the Mutants/etc content with regards to Storm and Forge, and while the Shi'Ar scenes had some fun action and colorful cameos/lines (Deathbird's "Milky Way Ghetto" is instantly iconic), Charles's lecture on colonialism rang a bit obtuse considering his own intergenerational, colonized estate/military background(and I don't like his new VA).
    Last edited by yogaflame; 04-25-2024 at 10:05 AM.

1. Remember It
    2. Mutant Liberation Begins
    3. To Me, My X-Men
    4. Bright Eyes
    5. Fire Made Flesh
    6. LifeDeath Part 2
    7. Motendo/ LifeDeath Part 1

In anticipation of the 3 part finale, what would be your ranking of each episode so far? For me it would be:

#1: Remember It

Instant classic. A perfect mix of soap opera and action. Huge ramifications, excellent use of music and color, new heights for animated voice acting. Really one of the best episodes of any tv show. The ending makes me tear up even upon rewatches.

#2. Mutant Liberation Begins

Excellent writing(particularly with Magneto and Storm), great action scenes, devastating seeing Storm lose her powers, the ending with Jean showing up was incredible.

#3. Fire Made Flesh

Really impressive adaptation of Maddie/Inferno/baby Nathan stuff. Sinister was executed perfectly. The Goblyn Queen transformation was iconic, and even though I would have loved more Inferno/N'astirh/Sym etc, the brief hellscape scenes were effective. Maddie ate.

#4. Bright Eyes

Straying off the beaten path a bit made for a unique entry. Loved seeing Rogue go rogue, the world building, jet-setting, teamwork, character studies, and the mystery of OZT and the Prime Sentinels. Cable saving the day was well played.

#5 Motendo/LifeDeath pt 1

Best Jubilee ever, in anything. Fun callbacks to the 90's and video games. Best Mojo ever. Really effective adaptation of Uncanny 186, incredible redesign for the Adversary, and the surreal ending had my jaw dropped!

#6. To me my X-Men

A bit clunky and perfunctory, but excellent action scenes with Cyclops and Storm especially. Fun reintroduction to the cast and their situation.

#7. LifeDeath 2

The biggest misfire for me, but still enjoyable. Devastated by the lack of Fall of the Mutants/etc content with regards to Storm and Forge, and while the Shi'Ar scenes had some fun action and colorful cameos/lines(Deathbird's Milky Way Ghetto is instantly iconic), Charles's lecture on colonialism rang a bit obtuse considering his own intergenerational, colonized estate/military background.
    I agree with your top 3.
    I feel the same but liked first epside much more than Motendo.

1. Remember It
    2. Mutant Liberation Begins
    3. Fire Made Flesh
    4. To Me, My X-Men
    5. Bright Eyes
    6. Motendo/ LifeDeath Part 1
    7. LifeDeath Part 2

Scott's optic skating and superhero landing were epic, and I replayed that 'ancient sands' scene over and over again. I get the appeal. I just LOOOOOVED the LifeDeath part so much, and was incredibly impressed by how much they plussed Jubes and Mojo. I don't think any of the episodes have been bad; this show has an embarrassment of riches, so it's all splitting hairs.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

In anticipation of the 3 part finale, what would be your ranking of each episode so far? For me it would be.
    1. 5 (nuff said)
    2. 7 (liked rogue dropping trask)
    3. 2 (magneto’s speech stuck in my head.. bigot)
    4. 6 (really liked the space bits)
    5. 3 (good action)
    6. 1 (nostalgic)
    7. 4 (never was mojo fan)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.