Page 307 of 349 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Why would Apocalypse pick any of the later 3 given there were much better choices present?

In particular Magneto, Exodus and Madelyne, but also Dazzler, Multipleman, Boom Boom and even Nature Girl and Leech would offer much better potential with their powers including fitting the theme of the Horsemen.

So except for Gambit who, sadly, has a precedent in the comics of being a Horseman for a while, that would both be a rather random and quite weak selection.
    Boom Boom and Magneto didn't die. Leech is probably alive as well. Madrox and Exodus are still unconfirmed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Boom Boom and Magneto didn't die. Leech is probably alive as well. Madrox and Exodus are still unconfirmed.
    Thanks for the correction. Had misread something.

Thanks for the correction. Had misread something.
    No worries. Magneto and Leech being alive is more of a feeling I have, given all the clues. Boom Boom is with Nightcrawler when they find Rogue embracing Gambit.

Why would Apocalypse pick any of the later 3 given there were much better choices present?

In particular Magneto, Exodus and Madelyne, but also Dazzler, Multipleman, Boom Boom and even Nature Girl and Leech would offer much better potential with their powers including fitting the theme of the Horsemen.

So except for Gambit who, sadly, has a precedent in the comics of being a Horseman for a while, that would both be a rather random and quite weak selection.
    Gambit WAS Horseman of Death in the comics already.

Also Apoccy chose Warren to be Death while Warren was crippled and dying after being left for dead by the Marauders. Abraham Keiros was in a hospital paralyzed. Sunfire was chosen AFTER Deathstrike cut his legs off. Apoccy knows he can massively upgrade the powers of his Horsemen, so he really doesn't NEED to go after the most powerful. Also, Secondary Mutation logic applies. Mutants might discover a new power because blah-blah... more powerful now.

The show/creators seem to be pulling the greatest hits of each major character. Gambit is a given. He was a horseman in the book and I can seem them using him as a horsemen while leaving the aftermath of beating Apocalypse there is a story of Gambit having a hard time controlling his New Sun powers.

Banshee is a significant recurring character in the show at this point and was also a horseman once. (Its also very obvious that De Mayo has a love for the OG All-New All-Different era/cast)

Marrow was a prominent character on the X-Men in the 90's, was being held by banshee when they "died" and had multiple cameo's/screen time in the "Remember it" episode. (possibly the most outside of Angel and Dazzler) She also is a good stand in for Daken, who was a horseman at the same time as Banshee. Not to mention in an alternate universe she had a major part in a AOA story line.

The horsemen always have a wide card thrown in the mix. Given the constant reminder of Magneto's promise to the Morlocks and with Storm once again not being there to protect the Morlocks, who better to bring a little extra drama to both characters and the story itself than Calisto? Also, she is a recurring character so the audience has another reason to care.

I could be wrong but that is my logic and what I think would be a great way to end the season.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 04-20-2024 at 10:12 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The show/creators seem to be pulling the greatest hits of each major character. Gambit is a given. He was a horseman in the book and I can seem them using him as a horsemen while leaving the aftermath of beating Apocalypse there is a story of Gambit having a hard time controlling his New Sun powers.

Banshee is a significant recurring character in the show at this point and was also a horseman once. (Its also very obvious that De Mayo has a love for the OG All-New All-Different era/cast)

Marrow was a prominent character on the X-Men in the 90's, was being held by banshee when they "died" and had multiple cameo's/screen time in the "Remember it" episode. (possibly the most outside of Angel and Dazzler) She also is a good stand in for Daken, who was a horseman at the same time as Banshee. Not to mention in an alternate universe she had a major part in a AOA story line.

The horsemen always have a wide card thrown in the mix. Given the constant reminder of Magneto's promise to the Morlocks and with Storm once again not being there to protect the Morlocks, who better to bring a little extra drama to both characters and the story itself than Calisto? Also, she is a recurring character so the audience has another reason to care.

I could be wrong but that is my logic and what I think would be a great way to end the season.
    Yeah, and everyone who becomes a Horseman gets a power upgrade.

Incredible Member

I'd love Horseman Calisto. That be a really neat twist. Her death was, in a way, the most focused on in EP5 besides Gambit's.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

https://www.rocketleague.com/en/news...x-men-97-event

X-Men ‘97 is coming to Rocket League from April 23rd - May 7th!! Additionally, leakers are claiming that this might possibly coincide with Fortnite skins for Jubilee, Cyclops, Jean, and Magneto… since Fortnite has an update on the 23rd, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It definitely makes sense, but it just feels pointless to have even bothered with the redemption arc if it's just going to be undone in two seconds. I feel a little bit the same about Storm losing her powers and immediately getting them back. It just feels pointless to put these things in there if they aren't going to be explored at all before reverting it. Storm, it at least felt like it said something about her character and overcoming her demons.

With Magneto, they started to do one of his most interesting arcs and then reverse it before it even goes anywhere.

I really like the show, but some of these storylines don't seem to go anywhere.
    They've only got 10 episodes and they really want to hit the ground running and hit some major story beats even if they don't really pace them out like you would expect them too so stuff that could've been half a season is resolved in a few episodes or stuff with 2-3 episodes worth of content gets resolved in one.
    I love the original Magneto suit, but I like what the purple M suit represents and I always like those heroic Magneto stories. It just feels like a weird storytelling choice.
    I think it's an interesting new look for him to signify a change in POV and moral alignment yet at the same time it just doesn't feel quite him compared to his normal suit, especially without the helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Just posted something like this in the Gambit Thread but....

I think there is a possibility that this season is going to end with Apocalypse with Gambit, Banshee, Marrow, and maybe Calisto as his horsemen.
    I think the best chance to bring Gambit back is definitely as a Horseman.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I agree, I was enjoying Magneto's redemption arc and I'm going to be disappointed if he just reverts right back to what he was before this. It didn't feel long enough. I feel like this show's pacing is its main fault because all these storylines (depowered Storm, Goblin Queen, reformed Magneto) should have been stretched out for a longer season or even multiple seasons.

I also have grown to like his new costume.

I'm hoping the best-case scenario is that even if he leaves the X-Men, he doesn't turn into a full-fledged villain again but becomes more of an anti-hero or something gray and in-between. Also even when rewatching the original show, I noticed he was rarely ever outright villainous the way he was in the movies or even X-Men: Evolution. He always come across as rather sympathetic and didn't have any bloodthirsty or vicious acts.
    I think post-Genosha he's definitely going to want to directly challenge the American government or whomever he holds responsible for the Sentinel attack, no matter who gets caught in the crossfire, but by the end will probably team-up with the X-Men to take down Sinister (and Bastion).

I hope this week we get back to the main plot. Need to see more Cable and how he's been trying to stop what happened in Ep. 5. Plus I need to see the reunion with his dad!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've only got 10 episodes and they really want to hit the ground running and hit some major story beats even if they don't really pace them out like you would expect them too so stuff that could've been half a season is resolved in a few episodes or stuff with 2-3 episodes worth of content gets resolved in one.

I think it's an interesting new look for him to signify a change in POV and moral alignment yet at the same time it just doesn't feel quite him compared to his normal suit, especially without the helmet.

I think the best chance to bring Gambit back is definitely as a Horseman.

I think post-Genosha he's definitely going to want to directly challenge the American government or whomever he holds responsible for the Sentinel attack, no matter who gets caught in the crossfire, but by the end will probably team-up with the X-Men to take down Sinister (and Bastion).
    I understand why the pacing is the way that it is. But I'm saying that these stories don't serve any real narrative or character purpose the way that they're doing them. Inferno did serve a purpose, despite the pacing and has ramifications for multiple characters as a result. Storm, arguably, had some character growth and fell in love with Forge, but there's still a feeling that she's pretty much right back to where she was at the start of the season, just with a new costume.

The Magneto thing, I guess we'll see. But so far, it's looking like he's just getting put back to factory settings as a character and him leading the X-Men didn't really do anything to advance the plot or his character.

The pacing is less the concern for me than just throwing in a bunch of plot lines that don't go anywhere or end up advancing the characters or story. It's a waste of time to set things up that have no payoff or purpose in the narrative.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yeah, I'm always down to learn in areas where I'm ignorant. I've been reading comics for over 30 years and I still learn new stuff about these characters all the time.

The funny thing is, that issue with Belasco where her mystical heritage is first mentioned? That's the first X-Men comic I ever read when it was reprinted in X-Men Classic in the early 90s. I completely forgot that revelation about Ororo. It's been so long since I've read that issue, but that page you posted was instantly familiar the second I saw it.

Anyway, I appreciate the information and your patience in explaining.
    yes. there was a separate book where the full story on this was depicted (see below) but the pages in the previous post are from uncanny xmen.

and you're most welcome!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I hope this week we get back to the main plot. Need to see more Cable and how he's been trying to stop what happened in Ep. 5. Plus I need to see the reunion with his dad!
    Cable's brief appearance at the Gala (and seeing his mother) is one of the best scenes of the season so far. Chris Potter sounds great too, looking forward to seeing what he does.

Agreed. I was really sad to lose the original voice actor for Cable, as I loved him and some of those old cheesy lines so much. But Potter nailed it as Cable in Episode 5. Sounded pretty perfect also.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Part of me wants Rogue to join Cable in time-travel just so I can get a Chris Potter/Lenore Zann reunion. She called him "bright eyes" in XTAS which is the title for episode 7.
    Cable's original VA was great as X-Cutioner. I reckon he can voice Sabretooth at some point.